The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What Price its My Horse?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
hat creek
Visit My Farm

What Price its My Horse?

Post by hat creek »

Hello! I am kinda new to the grinders and higher breeds as I used to buy and sell 1$ rescue horses. NowI am on the higher end of things I do not want to over price nor underprice so I will link some of the basic types of horses I have been breeding! AndI would love if you could tele what there worth :D :D :D
Horse 1:

Horse 2:

Horse 3:

Horse 4:

Could you please tell me the fitting price and the real fitting price soon on the QHs bc there all for sale :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What Price its My Horse?

Post by BlackOak2 »

I'm not in a position to look and evaluate currently, but just skimming your first horse Glazed Fire, these are at least grinder sale prices. So any foal that's dropped is at least 50k without any training.

That said, she looks like she's a breeder-style ready to become solid competition stock and not actually a grinder-style line. If your stock comes out with on-paper like her, I'd suggest getting them into competitions to show where they are with their heart. Breeder-style is worth more than grinder. But you'll also be shifting from those looking for grinder style (immediate purchasable for bread & butter earnings) to those with longer plans. What this will mean is that sales will likely move less often, but you'll be able to pull higher prices for this better stock (heart will play a much larger part in these sales). Your stock is buildable style. If your stock proves some sort of heart, you'll have more sales. If your stock appears to lack heart, you'll have sales restricted to those that already maintain it in their herds. But because her 'overall' looks as it does, there is a LOT of upward movement potential and this is what purchasers looking for this type, actually look for.

Final suggestion. Somewhere minimal around 100 to 250k area. You'll want to start developing your line from here. The more developed your line is (essentially, the more horses in the pedigree that you've bred), the more currency you can pull from your line. Establish yourself in your project and your line will pull in the money for you.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
hat creek
Visit My Farm

Post by hat creek »

BlackOak2 wrote:I'm not in a position to look and evaluate currently, but just skimming your first horse Glazed Fire, these are at least grinder sale prices. So any foal that's dropped is at least 50k without any training.

That said, she looks like she's a breeder-style ready to become solid competition stock and not actually a grinder-style line. If your stock comes out with on-paper like her, I'd suggest getting them into competitions to show where they are with their heart. Breeder-style is worth more than grinder. But you'll also be shifting from those looking for grinder style (immediate purchasable for bread & butter earnings) to those with longer plans. What this will mean is that sales will likely move less often, but you'll be able to pull higher prices for this better stock (heart will play a much larger part in these sales). Your stock is buildable style. If your stock proves some sort of heart, you'll have more sales. If your stock appears to lack heart, you'll have sales restricted to those that already maintain it in their herds. But because her 'overall' looks as it does, there is a LOT of upward movement potential and this is what purchasers looking for this type, actually look for.

Final suggestion. Somewhere minimal around 100 to 250k area. You'll want to start developing your line from here. The more developed your line is (essentially, the more horses in the pedigree that you've bred), the more currency you can pull from your line. Establish yourself in your project and your line will pull in the money for you.
Tysm! I would also like to know are people willing to pay 100k for a TB foal out of her?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

hat creek wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:I'm not in a position to look and evaluate currently, but just skimming your first horse Glazed Fire, these are at least grinder sale prices. So any foal that's dropped is at least 50k without any training.

Tysm! I would also like to know are people willing to pay 100k for a TB foal out of her?
It's likely.

Some what mowhawk genes and some do not. So there's a hard line there for people for mowhawk. Tobiano isn't too much of a hard line. Some people really don't want it, and others simply don't. She has a speed of 61 with a strong comment and her build is only light and not very light, so these go a longer way for a racer-style (really means there's movement remaining to build upon). The real question is if the foals are born bombproof. If they are, their value will need to be proved with times. If they're born anything other than bombproof, proof with times is much less necessary. She also comes down from known lines. If paired with specifically chosen horses, she could be the dame of surprising powerhouses. It'll come down to if she pairs well.

Successive, successful foals can boost the sales from her, easily doubling and tripling their sales (and onward). It will likely come down to the foals temperament and then their overall, compared to her and your chosen stallions.

Currently, I like your choice of stallion. This foal should be a good build-able type like the dame. Next time, i might suggest you try one that's already been maxed out more in more of the stats (speed, already tackled that one, but also stamina and strength). Crossing her to a stallion with stronger stat scores but weaker HGP shouldn't be a problem at all. Remember, most of our record holders look more mediocre overall than excellent.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 am