The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
~All-Golds~
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by ~All-Golds~ »

Totina wrote:This post is under reconstruction. The layout has been changed and upgraded with new text. New pictures will be added as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, the old pictures that have not been replaced yet are still linked in the second post and can be found in the dropbox (link below).
The old charts can be found in the dropbox as well until the new ones are complete with pictures.

For more images (and the full charts), visit my dropbox on the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vk1f0nirkxer ... HI73a?dl=0

Note:
Unfortunately I don't use pictures from other players' horses (unless you have saved images of them as both newborn and adult without equipment on your computer, not in the gallery in the game). The reason I don't want to use the pictures saved in the gallery of each horse is because they are so small compared to the full-sized versions you get from right-clicking on the horses' generated images and save it on your computer.
These galleries are also very dependent on your browser, where bugs in the rendering process get saved to the gallery as well. Some browsers are missing certain effects (like the muscles-layer in trained horses) and/or add strange features like black "clouds" or false colours.

Base Colours
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dilutions
Countershading And Other
White Pattern
Grey
Leopard
Combinations
[img]hhttps://i.imgur.com/B0BWSUS.jpg[/img]
This was pretty long and took a while to read, but very helpful!! :mrgreen: I also have a question; do you know why they call it "tiger-eye"? :?:
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Post by Veterinarian »

Totina wrote:ping
Can I ask you a question. How do you tell apart a Smokey brown horse from a Mealy brown one? It really confuses me.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

~All-Golds~ wrote:This was pretty long and took a while to read, but very helpful!! :mrgreen: I also have a question; do you know why they call it "tiger-eye"? :?:
Generally speaking, our HWO game is based on the real world. So these phrases are often pulled in from the same source, the real world. This is one of those times. Tiger eyes are also apparently nicknamed goat eyes.

It appears that the nickname Tiger Eye likely came from the color (the horse has eyes like a tiger might), since these eyes are generally orange, amber or yellow (in real life).

Apparently, Paso Fino is the breed that generally carries this trait.

I know little else about it.

Veterinarian wrote: Can I ask you a question. How do you tell apart a Smokey brown horse from a Mealy brown one? It really confuses me.
These two are very easy to mix up, so you're not alone in your confusion. If you know the genes, it's easy to define one from the other (especially if you're lucky enough to breed one out, or not have it to begin with).

With a horse that is genetically unknown, it gets quite a bit more difficult. Generally speaking, pangare washes out the color already available. Smoky, the cream gene, causes a shade switch toward the gold spectrum. So it's the subtle difference between tan and gold.

So here's your images to help better define them:
This first one is a plain brown, no pangare, no cream:

This second one is a pangare carrier:

This third one is a cream carrier:

And this fourth one is a pangare & cream carrier:

These are the horse's I used:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1191014
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1044524
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1832243
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/715706

I hope this helps a little, if you need more help along the way, feel free to post in the color forum, you're own topic to help distinguish between your own horses, or horses you're looking to purchase, or if you're practicing, two that you can't determine with your best guesses.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fluffyalligators
Visit My Farm

Post by Fluffyalligators »

Wow so glad I found this! Been wondering what color my favorite horse is for a while! So, so very glad you made this! cant wait till the whole thing in complete!!!
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Totina wrote:Grey
Possibly new information!

I have found some of my mares becoming fleabitten before fully greying out.

(I saved the following photos onto my computer and then used Discord to get a link for them - I'm not sure if that makes the photos as large as you like them to be? That is, if you want to use them?)

Legs are a light, pinkish chestnut with overt fleabitten pattern: Image

Legs are also still lightened chestnut: Image

Patches of very light bay over body that seem not to be from being fleabitten: Image

Dapples on ribs: Image

Patches of lightened palomino: Image

Light chestnut legs: Image
Paige100
Visit My Farm

Post by Paige100 »

[Coco=2139829]
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Paige100 wrote:[Coco=2139829]
If you're asking for the horse's color, a question may be helpful. I can only assume that's what you want.
Also, your horse link didn't work quite right. Try the following code set up like this:

Code: Select all

[horse=id number goes here]this can be the horse's name, but does not need anything[/horse]
So your horse's code will look like this:

Code: Select all

[horse=2139829]Coco[/horse]
And it will appear, like this:
Coco

She is a graying chestnut.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Paige100
Visit My Farm