The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Pinewood Fields
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by Pinewood Fields »

Where are you able to see the genes that each horse has? (for example: is there a tab on the horse's profile or something to look at when they are newborn?)
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

MajesticMare wrote:Where are you able to see the genes that each horse has? (for example: is there a tab on the horse's profile or something to look at when they are newborn?)
There isn't a certain place to automatically see color genes (I'm assuming you mean the E/e stuff). Players that have enough knowledge of the subject can carefully determine the specific genes through pictures, parents, siblings, offspring, etc. Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure it gradually gets easier as you know what you are looking for and know where to find it.

Though, my explanation may not be 100% correct as I'm not too experienced when it comes to color genetics of the type. One thing I'm sure of is that you cannot automatically see the genes, but skilled players can through different paths.

Does that answer your question?

PS: May be best to post your question in the "What Color Is My Horse" or "Gameplay Questions and Help" forums rather than an active topic ;)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Pinewood Fields
Visit My Farm

Post by Pinewood Fields »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
MajesticMare wrote:Where are you able to see the genes that each horse has? (for example: is there a tab on the horse's profile or something to look at when they are newborn?)
There isn't a certain place to automatically see color genes (I'm assuming you mean the E/e stuff). Players that have enough knowledge of the subject can carefully determine the specific genes through pictures, parents, siblings, offspring, etc. Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure it gradually gets easier as you know what you are looking for and know where to find it.

Though, my explanation may not be 100% correct as I'm not too experienced when it comes to color genetics of the type. One thing I'm sure of is that you cannot automatically see the genes, but skilled players can through different paths.

PS: May be best to post your question in the "What Color Is My Horse" or "Gameplay Questions and Help" forums rather than an active topic ;)
Ohhh okay that makes sense. I thought I was missing something. Yes, that answers my question, thank you. And my bad for asking in this topic, I'll make sure to post in the appropriate forum next time :oops:
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

MajesticMare wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: There isn't a certain place to automatically see color genes (I'm assuming you mean the E/e stuff). Players that have enough knowledge of the subject can carefully determine the specific genes through pictures, parents, siblings, offspring, etc. Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure it gradually gets easier as you know what you are looking for and know where to find it.

Ohhh okay that makes sense. I thought I was missing something. Yes, that answers my question, thank you. And my bad for asking in this topic, I'll make sure to post in the appropriate forum next time :oops:
Don't worry about it ;) Asking questions never hurt anybody :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Mini Horse Breeder
Visit My Farm

Post by Mini Horse Breeder »

Hey, does anyone know what color she is? https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3800666
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Mini Horse Breeder wrote:Hey, does anyone know what color she is? https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3800666
Varnishing Grey Smoky Brown. The base coat is Seal Brown/Seal Bay (probably 2x Black genes, 1x At/Seal gene), one Cream makes a Smoky Brown, one Grey gene is causing your horse to go grey, and your horse also has at least one LP Switch gene which is causing the snowflakes on her shoulder as well as the brown coloration. Your horse is currently in the Bronzing stage of Varnish. The tan color will eventually fade into a cloudy grey tone on top of the coloration from the Grey gene.
Macaroni and cheesw
Visit My Farm

Post by Macaroni and cheesw »

Does anyone know what color my new filly is? (⁠✪⁠㉨⁠✪⁠) https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3804987
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Macaroni and cheesw wrote:Does anyone know what color my new filly is? (⁠✪⁠㉨⁠✪⁠) https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3804987
:) This was answered in your other post. I am agreeing that a red dun is an appropriate answer. Still a little young to see if the pangare will hang on, but it does look like it's fading out.

Chestnut horse, with dun. (and tobiano, those are the face and leg markings)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Macaroni and cheesw
Visit My Farm

Post by Macaroni and cheesw »

Alright. Thank you, I was honestly just curious because I've never bred a horse like this before. Thank you for your help! (⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

;)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!