The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Is this a Glitch horse?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
.TheHorseWhisperer.
Visit My Farm

Is this a Glitch horse?

Post by .TheHorseWhisperer. »

Please tell me it's not, I have a weird feeling it might be.. most beautiful AC NAB I've ever seen.. just don't like his confirmation but as soon as that insane color and markings stuck out like a sore thumb I had to grab him immediately..
[url]http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/p ... 353026/url]
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this a Glitch horse?

Post by Tjigra »

.TheHorseWhisperer. wrote:Please tell me it's not, I have a weird feeling it might be.. most beautiful AC NAB I've ever seen.. just don't like his confirmation but as soon as that insane color and markings stuck out like a sore thumb I had to grab him immediately..
I am afraid it is a glitch. Legs clearly belong to a chestnut and black mane does not, so I'd say he'll turn bay or black at 10 years old, with or without the roan.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Tjigra wrote:
.TheHorseWhisperer. wrote:Please tell me it's not, I have a weird feeling it might be.. most beautiful AC NAB I've ever seen.. just don't like his confirmation but as soon as that insane color and markings stuck out like a sore thumb I had to grab him immediately..
I am afraid it is a glitch. Legs clearly belong to a chestnut and black mane does not, so I'd say he'll turn bay or black at 10 years old, with or without the roan.
Just to add on, the other tell is the black mane on a white neck. If his body color was correct the mane would be white as well.
.TheHorseWhisperer.
Visit My Farm

Post by .TheHorseWhisperer. »

Tjigra wrote:

Ugh. D: The tell for me was the bit of brown at the top of the tail.. doesn't look like it belongs. He would have made a gorgeous starter. :'(
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

.TheHorseWhisperer. wrote:

Ugh. D: The tell for me was the bit of brown at the top of the tail.. doesn't look like it belongs. He would have made a gorgeous starter. :'(
You should take a look at other glitches that can be said to've 'broken our hearts'. :D
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 0&p=100671
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

Tjigra wrote: I am afraid it is a glitch. Legs clearly belong to a chestnut and black mane does not, so I'd say he'll turn bay or black at 10 years old, with or without the roan.

It depends... I think he may be a glitch as the mane should be white... however he may be roan in color (the black mane might change)... but I would be shocked if he lost his white markings also the brown at the tail head is common and not abnormal. I think he might turn into a bay (keeping his paint markings) or a roan (with markings). Not a expert opinion just what I think will happen. :)
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Honeybunny#2 wrote:
Just to clarify the way the glitches work:

They are caused by the introduction of To into the game. Something about the way To is handled in the AC can cause the body color to be incorrect. The mane is the usual tell on glitch horses - if it doesn't match the body something is wrong. The tail may also be incorrect at times. (There is also the possibility of adopting a horse whose mane appears as though it matches the body color, but ends up being a different color. Like a bay turning into a black or a brown.) If you adopt a horse with a short mane and tail that grow out you can expect the body color to change when the mane and tail grow. If the mane and tail are done growing the horse will not change to its correct color until it reaches 10-years-old.

Because the glitch is caused by To, the paint markings on a glitch horse will always change. Some horses will lose markings altogether. Some may only have minor changes. But they will always be different. The mane will give you an idea of what kinds of markings the horse will have on its head/neck once it gets its correct coat. In this case the horse has a mostly solid mane with one small white streak. This tells us that most of the horse's head and neck will be white, with a small patch of white touching the top of the neck just above the withers.

The only real way to know what color a glitch horse is under its glitch is to wait until it's 10-years-old, though we can make a few assumptions. For example, if the mane is black the horse will (most likely) be black-based - so bay, brown, or black. If the mane is red you can assume chestnut. If it's white you can assume palomino. If it's silver or cream or an oddly diluted color you can expect the horse to have some dilutions going on. But further than that it's impossible to tell until the correct coat comes in.
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

Silverine wrote:
Honeybunny#2 wrote:
Just to clarify the way the glitches work:

They are caused by the introduction of To into the game. Something about the way To is handled in the AC can cause the body color to be incorrect. The mane is the usual tell on glitch horses - if it doesn't match the body something is wrong. The tail may also be incorrect at times. (There is also the possibility of adopting a horse whose mane appears as though it matches the body color, but ends up being a different color. Like a bay turning into a black or a brown.) If you adopt a horse with a short mane and tail that grow out you can expect the body color to change when the mane and tail grow. If the mane and tail are done growing the horse will not change to its correct color until it reaches 10-years-old.

Because the glitch is caused by To, the paint markings on a glitch horse will always change. Some horses will lose markings altogether. Some may only have minor changes. But they will always be different. The mane will give you an idea of what kinds of markings the horse will have on its head/neck once it gets its correct coat. In this case the horse has a mostly solid mane with one small white streak. This tells us that most of the horse's head and neck will be white, with a small patch of white touching the top of the neck just above the withers.

The only real way to know what color a glitch horse is under its glitch is to wait until it's 10-years-old, though we can make a few assumptions. For example, if the mane is black the horse will (most likely) be black-based - so bay, brown, or black. If the mane is red you can assume chestnut. If it's white you can assume palomino. If it's silver or cream or an oddly diluted color you can expect the horse to have some dilutions going on. But further than that it's impossible to tell until the correct coat comes in.
:) All I can say is he is one handsome horse!
lemoncypress
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by lemoncypress »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2333670
he is the oddest color is he a glitch
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

lemoncypress wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2333670
he is the oddest color is he a glitch
Glitch horses are generally restricted to the AC (with one exception early on with a solid coat I bred that was born leopard).

This horse (without any newborn or one year gallery images) is most likely just a flat bay. Although I'm unsure about silver. And of course with leopard.

The reason that he has such a washed-out appearance is that leopard comes with varnish. Varnish changes some areas toward white and some areas toward black.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 am