The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Different Colored Bays

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Different Colored Bays

Post by Gaagii »

Not sure if this should be somewhere else but this seemed most logical in a way.

Anyway has anyone figured out what's behind the different colors of bay? In real life it's supposedly the agouti gene.

Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Different Colored Bays

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gaagii wrote:Not sure if this should be somewhere else but this seemed most logical in a way.

Anyway has anyone figured out what's behind the different colors of bay? In real life it's supposedly the agouti gene.
On the game, we do have confirmation that it's agouti.
But in real life... it makes me feel like it's a co-dependent, incomplete style of some sort. But I haven't been able to figure out a different way to theorize it beyond agouti. Agouti seems... like it's missing something obvious. But I've always felt that way about the gene.

From what I've seen on HWO, there appears to be between 10 and 25 different base colors to every one of our base coats except black (so agouti and chestnut). Although in some of my recent gallery images, it also appears there is black that will appear from the background of the gallery images and black that won't appear from the gallery images... so there could be different base colors of black as well that's not attributable to dun.

I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but that's what comes to mind when you posed the question.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Re: Different Colored Bays

Post by Gaagii »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Gaagii wrote:Not sure if this should be somewhere else but this seemed most logical in a way.

On the game, we do have confirmation that it's agouti.
But in real life... it makes me feel like it's a co-dependent, incomplete style of some sort. But I haven't been able to figure out a different way to theorize it beyond agouti. Agouti seems... like it's missing something obvious. But I've always felt that way about the gene.

From what I've seen on HWO, there appears to be between 10 and 25 different base colors to every one of our base coats except black (so agouti and chestnut). Although in some of my recent gallery images, it also appears there is black that will appear from the background of the gallery images and black that won't appear from the gallery images... so there could be different base colors of black as well that's not attributable to dun.

I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but that's what comes to mind when you posed the question.
Nope, that's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 pm