The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What Color is My Horse? Quick Guide by Ancient Breed

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What Color is My Horse? Quick Guide by Ancient Breed

Post by BlackOak2 »

Psycho0912 wrote:maybe a dumb question, but I'm new to the game ^^
where can I find these 'signs' (like a/a for black) at my horse's profile? because I want to determine the colour of some of my horses, but I can't find the 'signs' anywhere :')
We can't genetically look for them yet. You must determine what your horse's colors are by actually looking at them (just like in real life). The genetics (a/a is actually for no agouti, not black), is real life genes that we also apply to the game.
A red horse (chestnut) will have genetics with no extension e/e, but a black horse can either have partial extension E/e or full extension E/E.

There are a lot of guides that we try to help find the keys to identifying horse colors and genetics. This particular one is to offer insight into the genetics that the Adoption Center horses can carry, by breed. The Adoption Center horses are limited to the genes you see posted here. For instance, a Tarpan horse straight from the AC can never have cream or pearl or champagne (among quite a few others).
Psycho0912
Visit My Farm

Post by Psycho0912 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Psycho0912 wrote:maybe a dumb question, but I'm new to the game ^^
where can I find these 'signs' (like a/a for black) at my horse's profile? because I want to determine the colour of some of my horses, but I can't find the 'signs' anywhere :')
We can't genetically look for them yet. You must determine what your horse's colors are by actually looking at them (just like in real life). The genetics (a/a is actually for no agouti, not black), is real life genes that we also apply to the game.
A red horse (chestnut) will have genetics with no extension e/e, but a black horse can either have partial extension E/e or full extension E/E.

There are a lot of guides that we try to help find the keys to identifying horse colors and genetics. This particular one is to offer insight into the genetics that the Adoption Center horses can carry, by breed. The Adoption Center horses are limited to the genes you see posted here. For instance, a Tarpan horse straight from the AC can never have cream or pearl or champagne (among quite a few others).
Oh I see, thank you :lol:
TrishaNS
Visit My Farm

Post by TrishaNS »

Where's the chestnut under Forest horse?
kaylankoda
Visit My Farm

Post by kaylankoda »

paige10
Visit My Farm

Post by paige10 »

kaylankoda wrote:Bravo Rose

What color is this guy? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1607364
He is gingery brown but he will definitely change colour through his years.

By Paige10.
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

non of that makes any sense
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Question: Is the "At/At, At/A, At/a (Wild Bay)" listed in Arabian supposed to be the A+ of Wild Bay, or the At of Brown?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

redster wrote:Question: Is the "At/At, At/A, At/a (Wild Bay)" listed in Arabian supposed to be the A+ of Wild Bay, or the At of Brown?
Arabians also come in wild bay in the AC, so those genes should be included: A+/A+, A+/A, A+/a
It's been quite some time, but I don't recall AC arabs coming in brown.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

BlackOak2 wrote:
redster wrote:Question: Is the "At/At, At/A, At/a (Wild Bay)" listed in Arabian supposed to be the A+ of Wild Bay, or the At of Brown?
Arabians also come in wild bay in the AC, so those genes should be included: A+/A+, A+/A, A+/a
It's been quite some time, but I don't recall AC arabs coming in brown.
Aha, gotcha. I knew it was a typo, I just didn't know which part. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 am