The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Very confused

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Very confused

Post by Malakai10 »

This horse has left me very confused as to his colouring - he is definitely tiger eyed and champagne, his sire is a pearl carrier, his dam is potentially a pearl carrier and he might be flaxen as his legs look lighter than they should. So: tiger eye, apricot, flaxen? An might have inherited sooty dapple from his dam? And maybe dun from the sire?

TIS 1016 RSÆ Shadow's Apology Lioness
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Very confused

Post by BlackOak2 »

Malakai10 wrote:This horse has left me very confused as to his colouring - he is definitely tiger eyed and champagne, his sire is a pearl carrier, his dam is potentially a pearl carrier and he might be flaxen as his legs look lighter than they should. So: tiger eye, apricot, flaxen? An might have inherited sooty dapple from his dam? And maybe dun from the sire?
This might very well be a silverine or Totina question. But let's see anyway. :mrgreen:

Obviously, champagne.
Appears to be a triple dilute, at least double.
Tiger eye.
Looks to be closer to a brown color, but doesn't have the stomach discoloration.
Appears to have either silver, or flaxen.
There is dun in the line, so that could be contributing to the color.
I also see creams in the lines, as well as probably pearls.

I think, though of course, I can be entirely wrong, that this is a single cream paired with champagne on a bay base, of course with tiger eye. I see no real indicators of dun, so I'm scratching that off the list. And I don't think this horse is a triple dilute, because the color would be much lighter and closer to pseudo-white. Plus, black is off the table, for the same reason and with no indications of dapples.

*shrugs* It's fun to see the colors that stump us. :mrgreen:
Thank you for sharing.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Re: Very confused

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote:This horse has left me very confused as to his colouring - he is definitely tiger eyed and champagne, his sire is a pearl carrier, his dam is potentially a pearl carrier and he might be flaxen as his legs look lighter than they should. So: tiger eye, apricot, flaxen? An might have inherited sooty dapple from his dam? And maybe dun from the sire?
This might very well be a silverine or Totina question. But let's see anyway. :mrgreen:

Obviously, champagne.
Appears to be a triple dilute, at least double.
Tiger eye.
Looks to be closer to a brown color, but doesn't have the stomach discoloration.
Appears to have either silver, or flaxen.
There is dun in the line, so that could be contributing to the color.
I also see creams in the lines, as well as probably pearls.

I think, though of course, I can be entirely wrong, that this is a single cream paired with champagne on a bay base, of course with tiger eye. I see no real indicators of dun, so I'm scratching that off the list. And I don't think this horse is a triple dilute, because the color would be much lighter and closer to pseudo-white. Plus, black is off the table, for the same reason and with no indications of dapples.

*shrugs* It's fun to see the colors that stump us. :mrgreen:
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks!

I don't think he carries cream, though - I actively eliminated that from my lines a few generations previous and have been fairly careful about reintroducing it. I'll see if I have any chestnuts and apricots to breed him with - I think I also have a flaxen chestnut I could breed him with.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:29 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:29 am