The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Beautiful Stallion, but what to call his color?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
huntingroxgirl1
Visit My Farm

Beautiful Stallion, but what to call his color?

Post by huntingroxgirl1 »

So I grabbed this handsome fella off the AC the other day, but I've been pretty stumped as to what to label his coloring as. Right now I've got it down as a Perlino + Splash White + Light dappling, but I'm not all that well versed in horse genetics (dogs are where I'm most familiar) so I would love some help figuring it out with those who know more so what they're talking about. I at first thought he was all white/gray, but upon closer inspection of his undersides I saw he actually has an area of very light cream coloring on parts of his body leading me to believe he may be perlino (but he does not have blue eyes and his tail is black with no hint of red soo.. he's just got my brain in a twist).

(First picture is a link to his profile)

------------------------
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Re: Beautiful Stallion, but what to call his color?

Post by Malakai10 »

huntingroxgirl1 wrote:.
Well, that's certainly confusing - I'm very inclined to think it a glitch. Try clearing your internet search history and cache and that and reload his page.

The problem is that any colour that causes that light a cream coat will not have a black mane/tail - and sooty will not darken a tail that much.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

huntingroxgirl1 wrote:So I grabbed this handsome fella off the AC the other day, but I've been pretty stumped as to what to label his coloring as. Right now I've got it down as a Perlino + Splash White + Light dappling, but I'm not all that well versed in horse genetics (dogs are where I'm most familiar) so I would love some help figuring it out with those who know more so what they're talking about. I at first thought he was all white/gray, but upon closer inspection of his undersides I saw he actually has an area of very light cream coloring on parts of his body leading me to believe he may be perlino (but he does not have blue eyes and his tail is black with no hint of red soo.. he's just got my brain in a twist).
This horse... is a glitch horse. Quite the unique and nice glitch! but still a glitch. Sometime at or before his tenth year, he should adopt his true color and by his black tail (usually it's a giveaway), I think he'll likely be a bay of some sort.

Take a look at this post, it has a variety of others like yours.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16190&p=100671

And also, his coat color won't be inheritable like this, it's simply a leftover from the compilation of other coats. The renderer had some sort of hiccup. Admin has been attempting to get this fixed, but hasn't yet figured out how to. The nice thing is, if it LOOKS wrong, it's generally a glitch, so they're pretty apparent.
The other nice thing is that there are coat collectors out there. If you can sell him before he changes his coat, you might get quite a hefty price tag from him, if the right person wants him.

One last thing, there's a number of color genes that haven't yet been added to the game. Splash White is one of them. The only paint genes that we have right now is tobaino and that is also responsible for our stockings and stars, etc.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
huntingroxgirl1
Visit My Farm

Post by huntingroxgirl1 »

Malakai10 wrote:.
BlackOak2 wrote:.
Ah you're probably right, I was afraid of that. Oh well, he'll be pretty while he lasts, I suppose :mrgreen: Thank you both for your help anyways!
.:Grace Star Ranch:.
Visit My Farm

Post by .:Grace Star Ranch:. »

huntingroxgirl1 wrote:So I grabbed this handsome fella off the AC the other day, but I've been pretty stumped as to what to label his coloring as. Right now I've got it down as a Perlino + Splash White + Light dappling, but I'm not all that well versed in horse genetics (dogs are where I'm most familiar) so I would love some help figuring it out with those who know more so what they're talking about. I at first thought he was all white/gray, but upon closer inspection of his undersides I saw he actually has an area of very light cream coloring on parts of his body leading me to believe he may be perlino (but he does not have blue eyes and his tail is black with no hint of red soo.. he's just got my brain in a twist).

(First picture is a link to his profile)

------------------------
Hey there! Would you consider selling or trading? I love him so much and would love to figure out a good exchange!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:36 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:36 am