The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

cryptic Dun?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

cryptic Dun?

Post by Nazarach »

So, i have this lovely horse marked as silver brown... after talking with someone about mealy(-like) expressions on legs/feetlocks of a horse I'm a bit unsure if he is solely brown, or - what I fear, might be a cryptic dun carrier? silver on solid does not cause faded feet ... or am i just being rash and it's a somewhat off-colored mealy of the foal coat?

lemoncypress
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: cryptic Dun?

Post by lemoncypress »

Nazarach wrote:So, i have this lovely horse marked as silver brown... after talking with someone about mealy(-like) expressions on legs/feetlocks of a horse I'm a bit unsure if he is solely brown, or - what I fear, might be a cryptic dun carrier? silver on solid does not cause faded feet ... or am i just being rash and it's a somewhat off-colored mealy of the foal coat?

it is still to young to tell around 1 year to 2 you can easyly find th color
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: cryptic Dun?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:So, i have this lovely horse marked as silver brown... after talking with someone about mealy(-like) expressions on legs/feetlocks of a horse I'm a bit unsure if he is solely brown, or - what I fear, might be a cryptic dun carrier? silver on solid does not cause faded feet ... or am i just being rash and it's a somewhat off-colored mealy of the foal coat?
Unsure.
The coat should eventually reveal the dun, IF it's there. Should start turning a bit 'steely' if that's the case, as early as 8 months it might start seeping through.

I think what you're seeing is just foal pangare. I've seen it do some odd things to foal coats from time to time.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 am