Community Forum

Unique marking?? What is this called, how rare is it?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
sAddle_up
Visit My Farm

Unique marking?? What is this called, how rare is it?

Post by sAddle_up »

What is this marking? Can anyone explain how it happened? How can I breed markings like this?

edit 2
thanks for explaining how to add a horse :)

~PFF~ Oliver Twist
Last edited by sAddle_up on December 11th, 2020, 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Unique marking?? What is this called, how rare is it?

Post by Mlloftus »

sAddle_up wrote:[horse=]~PFF~ Oliver Twist[/horse]

(sorry if I put the code in wrong, I'll edit it or post a link.)

What is this marking? Can anyone explain how it happened? How can I breed markings like this?
You did end up putting the code in wrong, in fact you didn't put the code in at all.
Horse_Tainer07
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Horse_Tainer07 »

the code would be [horse=the last digits of their link like https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2826671 the last digits are 2826671]name...[/horse] so it would look like this... [horse=2826671*]Hi :>[/horse] without the *
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

If the replies haven't cleared up your understanding of how the coding works, my quicklinks (in my signature) has some good linked topics that can walk you through it, they'll be under the Newbie section.

I think I found your horse:

He is a silver bay with tobiano stockings and sooty on the rear. Not really rare, but still a nice color, isn't it? :mrgreen: The silver could have come from either parent, they both carry it. The main reason he looks like this, instead of having more his sire's color is that he lacks the dun gene that his sire carries... or appears to. I don't see any real signs of it at all. Thus you have achieved this nice red-colored bay horse. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
sAddle_up
Visit My Farm

Post by sAddle_up »

Thank you! I know how to add an image now.
BlackOak2 wrote:

If the replies haven't cleared up your understanding of how the coding works, my quicklinks (in my signature) has some good linked topics that can walk you through it, they'll be under the Newbie section.

I think I found your horse:

He is a silver bay with tobiano stockings and sooty on the rear. Not really rare, but still a nice color, isn't it? :mrgreen: The silver could have come from either parent, they both carry it. The main reason he looks like this, instead of having more his sire's color is that he lacks the dun gene that his sire carries... or appears to. I don't see any real signs of it at all. Thus you have achieved this nice red-colored bay horse. :D
Okay thank you! That clears things up. What would you call the irregular squareish marking on the hind leg?
sAddle_up
Visit My Farm

Post by sAddle_up »

Horse_Tainer07 wrote:

the code would be [horse=the last digits of their link like https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2826671 the last digits are 2826671]name...[/horse] so it would look like this... [horse=2826671*]Hi :>[/horse] without the *

okay thank you!!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

sAddle_up wrote:
Okay thank you! That clears things up. What would you call the irregular squareish marking on the hind leg?
I'm not sure there's a name for it. But it regularly shows up. :mrgreen: Many of these stockinged horses have this mark, so it's decently easy to maintain. I always thought of it like somebody grabbed the horse's leg and spray-painted the rest of the area white. :lol: And forgot to paint that section. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
sAddle_up
Visit My Farm

Post by sAddle_up »

BlackOak2 wrote:
sAddle_up wrote:
I'm not sure there's a name for it. But it regularly shows up. :mrgreen: Many of these stockinged horses have this mark, so it's decently easy to maintain. I always thought of it like somebody grabbed the horse's leg and spray-painted the rest of the area white. :lol: And forgot to paint that section. :D

ooh good to know!

haha
Become a Patron!