The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Need Help Identifying a Champagne

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Courtney_
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Need Help Identifying a Champagne

Post by Courtney_ »

I'm terrible with champagnes, can anyone tell me what this guy is? Thanks in advance :)

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Need Help Identifying a Champagne

Post by Silverine »

Courtney_ wrote:
So right off the bat he appears to have a black base. Because of the silvery sheen all over him I would say that he also has at least one pearl. The question then becomes, is he double pearl or cream/pearl?

His sire is silver classic pearl, so he got a pearl from his sire. Great, we can stop considering the sire.

The dam is labelled as smoky cream but is actually Smoky Cream Dun (black + dun + 2x cream). In either case the only dilution she has to pass on is cream.

So this boy would be a Classic Cream Pearl - black + champagne + cream/pearl. He may or may not have dun. He's so pale and his dam's expression is so faint that it's hard to tell. I'm leaning towards no dun, though.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 am