The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Struggling to figure out the color.

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Bergstaden
Visit My Farm

Struggling to figure out the color.

Post by Bergstaden »

Hello, i am struggling to figure out what color my horse really is. I know she is Champagne, but that's where my knowledge ends :( I'm guessing she's got either cream or pearl, or both? Double dilute?

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3561648

I hope the link works, when I tried the coding [ horse=1234]Horses Name[/ horse](with the correct name in the middle and no spaces) a deceased red horse with a completely different name showed up. Am I doing something wrong or does it not work? :?: :oops:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Struggling to figure out the color.

Post by BlackOak2 »

Bergstaden wrote:Hello, i am struggling to figure out what color my horse really is. I know she is Champagne, but that's where my knowledge ends :( I'm guessing she's got either cream or pearl, or both? Double dilute?

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3561648

I hope the link works, when I tried the coding [ horse=1234]Horses Name[/ horse](with the correct name in the middle and no spaces) a deceased red horse with a completely different name showed up. Am I doing something wrong or does it not work? :?: :oops:
:)
Okay, you see your code: [ horse=1234]Horses Name[/ horse]
That number: 1234
Belongs to an actual horse here on the site, albeit a rather early horse.

Do you see your link now though: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3561648
That number at the end?: 3561648
That's called the horse ID number. This is the number you wanted.
[ horse=3561648]Horses Name[/ horse]

So it'll look like this:

And if you put your horse's name in there as well:
Bergstadens Champagne

So, now. These AC horses can be a bit difficult at times, especially because they have no foal picture. But I think I agree with you. You definitely have the champagne down. And I think I agree that this is a double triple dilute (the champagne is considered one of the dilutes). It also appears it's a bay (differently colored lower legs, although this isn't a tell-all, in this case, it's a clue). And there's also roan.
Although, because this is a triple dilute, this silver hair is more likely due to the dilution and not actually the silver gene.
I don't suspect this is a cream and pearl, I would expect just a bit more richness to it... but that's a much taller mountain to see over. A solid foal with or without only champagne would tell that tale of pearl.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Bergstaden
Visit My Farm

Post by Bergstaden »

Thank you so, so much! :) Trying to get a hang of this, but it really isn't easy :P
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Bergstaden wrote:Thank you so, so much! :) Trying to get a hang of this, but it really isn't easy :P
It's a process, for all of us. :D

Take it one step at a time and we'll be around to try our best to help you along. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Bergstaden wrote:Thank you so, so much! :) Trying to get a hang of this, but it really isn't easy :P
Just to put his out here as a little tip, you can always use the " button thats in the corner of a message so people can get the message immediately

Hope this helps :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:09 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:09 pm