The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What would these markings be called?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

What would these markings be called?

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

Hello all,
I am terrible at determining horse coloring/markings on HorseWorld, especially markings :? :lol: Can someone please tell me what the markings on this horse would be called? I was kind of thinking "chestnut appaloosa blanket" but that's probably NOT accurate :roll: Thanks!!
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3696664
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What would these markings be called?

Post by BlackOak2 »

horsegirl008~2 wrote:Hello all,
I am terrible at determining horse coloring/markings on HorseWorld, especially markings :? :lol: Can someone please tell me what the markings on this horse would be called? I was kind of thinking "chestnut appaloosa blanket" but that's probably NOT accurate :roll: Thanks!!
You have a 'fewspot' meaning that this horse has TWO of the Lp (leopard complex) switches.

I used to call this a broken-pattern. But underneath (you can already see) she has a full coat. Eventually, her coat will varnish out and you'll see the rest of it. :)

Calling it a blanket, is not wrong. Calling it an 'appaloosa' will get a bit of an argument around here. :lol: Appaloosa is a breed, whereas leopard is a color. That said, your horse comes from appaloosa... so. :mrgreen:

Of course, the way color naming works around here, you can call her a dalmatian coat if you wanted! :lol:

Entirely up to you.
I would call her a chestnut fewspot or a red fewspot.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Re: What would these markings be called?

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
horsegirl008~2 wrote:Hello all,
You have a 'fewspot' meaning that this horse has TWO of the Lp (leopard complex) switches.

I used to call this a broken-pattern. But underneath (you can already see) she has a full coat. Eventually, her coat will varnish out and you'll see the rest of it. :)

Calling it a blanket, is not wrong. Calling it an 'appaloosa' will get a bit of an argument around here. :lol: Appaloosa is a breed, whereas leopard is a color. That said, your horse comes from appaloosa... so. :mrgreen:

Of course, the way color naming works around here, you can call her a dalmatian coat if you wanted! :lol:

Entirely up to you.
I would call her a chestnut fewspot or a red fewspot.
Great, thanks! I think I'll call her a chestnut fewspot. Thanks again!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:18 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:18 am