The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Pink Pinto?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

Pink Pinto?

Post by MysticSunflower »

Hi! What color would you experts classify this stallion as? Tobiano? I swear on my screen he looks like he has a pink sheen.
And I'm not sure if there is a special classification for the mane and tail being different colors?

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3742812

Thank you!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Pink Pinto?

Post by EclipticEnd »

MysticSunflower wrote:Hi! What color would you experts classify this stallion as? Tobiano? I swear on my screen he looks like he has a pink sheen.
And I'm not sure if there is a special classification for the mane and tail being different colors?

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3742812

Thank you!
You have a Grey Mealy Flaxen Chestnut Tobiano.

The pink sheen you were seeing comes from the transition of the horse going from the red Chestnut color to Grey. The tail's a different color due to the white Tobiano spotting in that area; that's normal. Anytime there's white where the mane/tail starts, that part will be white. Your horse also has Tiger Eyes which are why the eyes are greenish-yellow instead of brown.
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

Re: Pink Pinto?

Post by MysticSunflower »

How cool! Thank you for the information!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 am