The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Just want to share this little guy

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Just want to share this little guy

Post by EclipticEnd »

Not quite a pink, but he looks quite unique doesn't he? I'm pretty sure it's just a high expression of Mealy with a dark variant of Chestnut. The contrast is fun; I had to double check that the parents weren't Sooty when I saw him grown. I don't think they are, but I'm also a bit late to give them a good look and Varnish has stepped up on them. Regardless, I haven't messed around much with the Pangaré gene and the results so far have been quite interesting!
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Re: Just want to share this little guy

Post by horsegirl008 »

EclipticEnd wrote:

Not quite a pink, but he looks quite unique doesn't he? I'm pretty sure it's just a high expression of Mealy with a dark variant of Chestnut. The contrast is fun; I had to double check that the parents weren't Sooty when I saw him grown. I don't think they are, but I'm also a bit late to give them a good look and Varnish has stepped up on them. Regardless, I haven't messed around much with the Pangaré gene and the results so far have been quite interesting!
He's so cute!!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Very nice!
But I'd definitely say sooty from the top. The mane and tail looking almost not red is highly suggestive of sooty.

These are always interesting to see though. :P
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
brightspace16
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

EclipticEnd wrote:

I like him!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 am