The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Black Oak Farm Sales - Revolving Stock Only

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farm Sales - Revolving Stock Only

Post by BlackOak2 »

A lot of turnover in the Revolving Stock Barn.

Including a mare that's a daughter of a record holder. Some of these are much older and may be aging out quick.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45
Visit My Farm

Post by WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45 »

Hi Black Oak. I realized that you bought some of my horses a little bit ago. I was looking over your farm and realized how you do not have many horses in some pastures at the moment. I have sold some of my rather bad horses over the past week, but I have many good ones with golds and greens. So, I was wondering if you would like to partner with me to get you more horses. I PROMISE THIS IS NOT A SCAM!! I would breed some of my best horses that you can choose, and as a result, you would get the foal. I would only charge you 1,000 dollars for a horse, MAX. Please reply soon so I can know your answer.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45 wrote:Hi Black Oak. I realized that you bought some of my horses a little bit ago. I was looking over your farm and realized how you do not have many horses in some pastures at the moment. I have sold some of my rather bad horses over the past week, but I have many good ones with golds and greens. So, I was wondering if you would like to partner with me to get you more horses. I PROMISE THIS IS NOT A SCAM!! I would breed some of my best horses that you can choose, and as a result, you would get the foal. I would only charge you 1,000 dollars for a horse, MAX. Please reply soon so I can know your answer.
BlackOak2 wrote: Look Above ^^
Remember to ping them so they don't miss your reply :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Remember to ping them so they don't miss your reply :)
Thank you, Gabby_Woodlark. In this case, my farm log, I'm subscribed to (for future reference). But it's always good to remind people. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45 wrote:Hi Black Oak. I realized that you bought some of my horses a little bit ago. I was looking over your farm and realized how you do not have many horses in some pastures at the moment. I have sold some of my rather bad horses over the past week, but I have many good ones with golds and greens. So, I was wondering if you would like to partner with me to get you more horses. I PROMISE THIS IS NOT A SCAM!! I would breed some of my best horses that you can choose, and as a result, you would get the foal. I would only charge you 1,000 dollars for a horse, MAX. Please reply soon so I can know your answer.
:D
Just because a person doesn't have too many horses, doesn't necessarily mean they're running low.

That said, I'm currently running a pangare color guide's project and have only a handful of horses for two reasons. One, I do not need a ton of them to get the color images I need. And two, having too many means that I'll run out of room as I await for the babies to hit yearling status and then their 5th year, for some more adult pics (if and where needed).

But after all that, I'm currently working around some PC issues, so I haven't been able to play this past month (month? maybe three weeks?). So my online time in total has resulted in about an hour a day, if that.

I do market cleaning from time to time, as well as purchase, train-up and use grinder stock. If I purchased some rather poor-looking horses from you in the past, it was likely to clean the market and offer to you both the room we all need on our farms from time to time and offer you some monies to keep you going.
The horses I currently have on my farm (other than the belgian stock) are for age-outs that I picked up from the market for market cleaning.

It is rare I partner with anybody for much of anything on this game. It takes up too much of my time and pulls me away from my own projects. I will, occasionally, aid members in their projects, helping them understand some concept or developing their own lines.
So, if you're looking for some aid, as long as it only requires me to guide you in the forum (and not aid you in direct gameplay, like training some of your horses or competing them, etc) then that I can offer to you. But a partnership to build my farm back up to some sort of 'full' status? No, I'll have to decline. :) I have way too many other projects that I need to tackle, that're waiting in frozen status.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45
Visit My Farm

Alright, thank you for answering. :D I do not mind at all that you declined, and I totally understand if you have a lot on your plate right now. But some aid would be helpful, in training mostly. I have tried to train horses in the past, but they run out of energy too quickly. :( I recently just sold quite a bit of my bad horses and saved some of my good/better horses. So, would the better horses with golds and greens go through training faster?
(P.S. I'm sorry if I offended you by saying you don't have many horses at the moment.)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45 wrote:Alright, thank you for answering. :D I do not mind at all that you declined, and I totally understand if you have a lot on your plate right now. But some aid would be helpful, in training mostly. I have tried to train horses in the past, but they run out of energy too quickly. :( I recently just sold quite a bit of my bad horses and saved some of my good/better horses. So, would the better horses with golds and greens go through training faster?
(P.S. I'm sorry if I offended you by saying you don't have many horses at the moment.)
You didn't offend me. :) Besides, the only way to know an answer, is to ask the question. 8-)

Training doesn't really go faster with better horses. But there are some tricks to getting them done faster. First and foremost, both in training the horse and in player skills, you'll want to focus on stamina. Player skills, it's also important to do the saver courses. You max out the stamina and the saver courses and you'll take about two or maybe three years off of your total horse training.
During training, you need to focus on training the horses' stamina first. That will take you in the realm of 75 to 80% of the entire training time. So if you train your horse in 6 years, then you'll be training stamina for about 5 years before tackling the other stats. And once stamina is trained up, those other stats train up in a blink of an eye.

If you have no or virtually no player skills done for training, it'll take you somewhere in the realm of 6 to 7 years to train a horse fully. With about half of the player skills done (a random amount of those training skills), you'll train in about 4 to 5 years. With all or just about all of the training player skills done, you'll be able to fully train a horse in under 3 years. Most of us accomplish the 2 years, 2 months if we're paying attention.

Some people find it easier not to start training a horse until they're a yearling. In this way, you won't need to worry about the foal gaining or losing weight and not earning the energy needed every turn. So if you have problems keeping a horse within weight restrictions (for a foal, this means 'gaining weight') then you may want to wait for their yearling birthday.

Whenever you start training a horse, it's easiest to start them on pasture and supplementing their food with yellow corn. During training, you don't have to keep an eye on their weight, it just helps to get them to competitions faster. But if you're feeling brave, you can start a yearling (or older) in a barn. Put them on 100% weight gain to maintain weight. Most of your competitions are in the moderate to moderate-thin range. So that will be easiest to maintain on 100% weight gain.
To lose weight but maintain energy levels (refill energy levels with each turn), use yellow corn at 95%. Yellow corn will also lift temperament toward high strung (eventually).
To gain weight, you'll probably need to use 100% weight gain and then whatever your choice of alternative at 5%. I would suggest yellow corn or performance.

But, overall, tackle one thing at a time. Start any horse you have, of really any age in a pasture. Make sure the horse has at least 100% feed intake. Focus on stamina training first, that'll be 25 minutes on the lunge. In fairly short order, a turn or two or three, you'll be able to do the 30 minutes on the lunge. Focus on using as much of the horse's energy you can each turn. So if the 30 minutes uses 60% and the 20 minutes uses 30%, but the ten uses just 20%, then use the 30 minutes at 60% and the two ten minutes to total 40%. It'll leave a little bit of room now and again. :D

And finally, attempt to use easier setups in training, when you focus on your other stats to keep the fatigue somewhere under 20%.

Did you get all of that? :D It's really not too difficult, but explaining it is a bit long-winded.
Did I suggest something that hints at where you might be missing a step? Let me know!

Your horses do look decent. If only for grinder stock, a good grinder can sell quick and for a bit of money, especially if it's trained. And age is... less important, for a grinder horse as it is for other type horses. So even if you're a little slower getting a horse trained (say 9 years), it can still earn you quite a bit of money (think at least 50k for a basic grinder). And when I put up random, market-bought grinders that happen to be around that age, they don't sit with me too long. A day or two and that's them sitting around for awhile. :P

I say grinder, to remind you that a grinder is a baseline for sales with what you're producing (HGP level, greens, golds, BR, etc.). You can only go upward from there. Proven grinders to competitors to breeding stock... yeah... 8-)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Oh, do you have a grinder for your farm? That's important to help you through your turns and training. Use whatever extra time in your day to finish up with locals with that grinder. They'll earn you random turn drops and random PT drops. So they'll keep you going for a little before you banked turns disappear.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45
Visit My Farm

I don't have a grinder at my farm, how do I get one?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WARRIOR_HORSE_CAT45 wrote:I don't have a grinder at my farm, how do I get one?
There's one on the market I can send you to immediately. Another player asked for one and I sent them there, but they haven't yet applied a pickup. So... there is a time limit on these things. :)

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3303751

Apply a $1 to pick that grinder up. I'll forward the information that you're going to pick up that horse instead of the other player.

It is expected that the proceeds from that grinder will pay for it's successive grinder with only a few exceptions. If you need more information on grinders, I recently authored a help-guide highlight grinders specifically as well as how much a grinder can earn in it's lifetime.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:02 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:02 pm