The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Badger Face in need

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
foal.lover
Visit My Farm

Badger Face in need

Post by foal.lover »

Hey, I want to start a badger face line but can't find any for sale or for stud. If you have a stud I can use or a horse I can buy then let me know!!!!
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Re: Badger Face in need

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

foal.lover wrote:Hey, I want to start a badger face line but can't find any for sale or for stud. If you have a stud I can use or a horse I can buy then let me know!!!!
What a badger face line?
Flower.Prince
Visit My Farm

Post by Flower.Prince »

Horsechronicles12 wrote:
foal.lover wrote:Hey, I want to start a badger face line but can't find any for sale or for stud. If you have a stud I can use or a horse I can buy then let me know!!!!
What a badger face line?
A Badger Face is a face marking that looks like a badger! You can search 'Badger face face marking' for a better picture! Since I am not the best at explaining it! :)
Flower Acres
Live. Ride. Love.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Flower.Prince wrote:
Horsechronicles12 wrote: What a badger face line?
A Badger Face is a face marking that looks like a badger! You can search 'Badger face face marking' for a better picture! Since I am not the best at explaining it! :)
Ok lol
hat creek
Visit My Farm

Post by hat creek »

i think i have one in my aging pasture
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Not too sure you'll be able to find one of those on HWO yet. All of our face and leg markings are directly caused by Tobiano and although there are a lot of markings and areas that are covered by Tobiano, the badger face marking itself may be specifically a head and leg marking gene (we haven't gotten those released to us yet).

I've seen a lot of unique markings from tobiano, just not too sure you'll be able to get one that looks like a badger... perhaps only close, i.e. a half-and-half face marking.

For those of you unsure, here is a few real life badger face markings.

This last one, it's the horse on the left.

Definitely good luck! :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:Not too sure you'll be able to find one of those on HWO yet. All of our face and leg markings are directly caused by Tobiano and although there are a lot of markings and areas that are covered by Tobiano, the badger face marking itself may be specifically a head and leg marking gene (we haven't gotten those released to us yet).

I've seen a lot of unique markings from tobiano, just not too sure you'll be able to get one that looks like a badger... perhaps only close, i.e. a half-and-half face marking.

For those of you unsure, here is a few real life badger face markings.

This last one, it's the horse on the left.

Definitely good luck! :mrgreen:
That's pretty!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
foal.lover
Visit My Farm

Post by foal.lover »

BlackOak2 wrote: Ping
This is what I am more looking for

Unfortunately this line has fully died off, I was just wondering if there was any more living horses with that face marking
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

foal.lover wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Ping
This is what I am more looking for

Unfortunately this line has fully died off, I was just wondering if there was any more living horses with that face marking

Oh! Congrats! That's a nice representation too!

There are paint breeders out there that do have a lot of different markings. Frost may even know some keys to get there. Take a look into the pedigree and see what you can find, not for living relatives, but for hints to look for, to breed it yourself.

Good Luck!
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 pm