The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

ƑƐ Flawless Ease

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ƑƐ Flawless Ease

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
I'll put the four up now. No charge, consider it a welcome back gift. :D

On another note, Silverine did us a favor (since you're still very early on it) and wrote out a quest recipe work-graph that should save the most amount of room while getting the breeds done in the most straightforward and quick manner. Good luck on that project, it's taken me... it's coming up on a year, at the end of this month, that's when I started it. I'm almost FINALLY done. What an undertaking...

And as a final note, that belgian Wb mare that you'll soon own, may still be the *only* one available for quite some time, unless you find a private one from another senior player. :mrgreen:
That's what I would call a generous welcome back gift!

The breed quest is like another bullet point on my to-do list for maybe the next five years. Silverine's page is so helpful and hopefully, I get started sooner rather than later (I can't be as quick as you in breeding...I don't even age my horses until I'm sure that every horse in every pasture is at the stage that I want to it to be so a year as a time frame is too short for me). Hats off to you though for sticking with and almost finishing!

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of people's warmblood lines are pretty private so thank you again! <3
I'm not as quick a breeder as some, but I also do know what you mean.
The Warmbloods just aren't yet as popular as some of the others, so they don't yet get much attention.

Let me know if or when you want that last one put up for stud. I'll make note to send him your way after I'm done with him myself. Hopefully it won't be too much longer, but the hungarian Wb quest isn't yet open. With so few left though, it shouldn't be too long.

And of course feel free to give me a ping for other things if you find yourself in need. I might have something else hanging around somewhere. :mrgreen:

And if you haven't already took notice of them, in my quicklinks in my signature there's a link to all of our newspapers, they're at least a good read. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

And I'm done (again)! Now I can finally get rid of this huge list of crosses I need to breed which has given me a headache for such a long time (I refuse to copy all the links).

[ Dutch Warmblood ♂/♀ x Swedish Warmblood ♂/♀ ] ♀/♂ x [ Danish Warmblood ♂/♀ x Belgian Warmblood ♂/♀ ] ♀/♂ = American Warmblood
[ Thoroughbred ♀/♂ x Hanoverian ♀/♂ ] ♂ x [ Gelderlander x Selle Francais ] = Belgian Warmblood
[ Thoroughbred x Trakehner ] ♂ x [ Gelderlander ♂ x Groningen ♂/♀ ] ♀ = Dutch Warmblood
[ Thoroughbred ♂/♀ x Hanoverian ♂ ] ♂ x [ Arabian ♂ x Trakehner ] = Swedish Warmblood ♀
[ Thoroughbred ♀ x Frederiksborg ♂/♀ ] x Trakehner = Danish Warmblood
Thoroughbred ♀ x Holstein = Hanoverian
[ Arabian x North African Barb ] x [ Akhal-Teke x Galloway ] = Thoroughbred
Exmoor Pony ♂ x [ Exmoor Pony ♀ x Friesian ♂ ] ♀ = Galloway
Forest Horse x [ Arabian x Andalusian ] = Friesian
Przewalski Horse x Tarpan ♂ = Exmoor Pony
[ Sorraia x Carthusian ] x [ Sorraia x West African Barb ] = Andalusian
West African Barb ♂ x Sorraia = Carthusian
[ Arabian ♂ x North African Barb ♀ ] ♂ x [ North African Barb ♀ x Forest Horse ♂ ] ♀ = West African Barb
[ Tarpan ♀ x Mongolian ♂ ] ♂ x [ Tarpan x West African Barb ] = Sorraia
[ Thoroughbred x Trakehner ] x [ Norfolk Trotter x Cleveland Bay ] = Holstein
Thoroughbred ♀ x [ Arabian x North African Barb ] ♂/♂ = Cleveland Bay
[ Turkmene ♀ x Mongolian ♂ ] x [ Arabian ♂ x Thoroughbred ♀ ] ♂ = Trakehner
[ Thoroughbred ♂ x Cleveland Bay ] ♀ x Cleveland Bay = Norfolk Trotter
[ Norman Cob ♂ x French Anglo-Arab ] x [ Norfolk Trotter ♂ x Thoroughbred ♀ ] = Selle Francais
[ Navarrin Horse x Limousin ] x [ Arabian ♀/♀ x Thoroughbred ♂ ] = French Anglo-Arab
Anglo-Arabian ♂/♀ x Boulonnais ♂ = Limousin
Spanish Barb x [ Arabian x Forest Horse ♂ ] = Boulonnais
[ Spanish Jennet ♀ x West African Barb ♂ ] ♂ x [ Andalusian ♀ x West African Barb ♂ ] ♀ = Spanish Barb
[ Arabian x Sorraia ] x North African Barb = Spanish Jennet
[ Arabian ♀ x Oldenburg ♂ ] ♀ x [ Norfolk Trotter ♂ x Andalusian ♀ ] ♂ = Gelderlander
[ Andalusian ♂ x East Friesian ♀ ] ♂ x [ North African Barb ♀ x Thoroughbred ♂ ] = Oldenburg
[ Andalusian ♀ x Anglo-Arabian ♂ ] ♂ x Hanoverian = East Friesian
[ Tarpan ♂ x Belgian ♀ ] x [ Forest Horse ♀/♂/♂ x Belgian ♂/♀ ] = Norman Cob
Anglo-Arabian ♂/♀ x West African Barb ♂ = Navarrin
Thoroughbred x [ Arabian ♀ x Thoroughbred ♂ ] ♀ = Anglo-Arabian
[ Friesian ♀/♀ x East Friesian ] x Oldenburg = Groningen
[ Spanish Barb ♀ x East Friesian ♀/♂ ] ♀/♀ x [ Arabian ♀ x Oldenburg ♂ ] ♀/♂ = Frederiksborg
[ Przewalski Horse ♀ x Tarpan ♂ ] x Tarpan ♂ = Mongolian
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

I finally passed 55,000 HGP in my American Warmbloods after 12-ish generations of inbreeding and the occasional horse from my Trakehner line to bring the movement up. It's ironic how I spent so long trying to keep the horses in my Trakehner line above 62 in movement but I keep getting 60+ movement foals by accident in my AWs.
  • Lower COI% -
    • Not a high priority because it really doesn't matter to me but I would prefer new blood to speed up my progress and to keep my AWs between 60 - 80% COI.
  • Look for good studs -
    • Go through Horses for Sale or Stallions at Stud for studs that match my AWs. Preferably with green movement, 3* AW, 55+ movement, 40+ balance, high HGP, and no sooty colors.
  • Remove sooty and graying gene -
    • The sooty and graying most likely came from one of the crosses I used to make one of the warmbloods because I haven't introduced any new lines aside from my Trakehners (but that was after I found the sooty and graying genes). I'm pretty sure that most of them don't have the gene because I rehome most of the ones that do but some of the studs that I breed the most to are definitely sooty.
  • Focus on stats after confo -
    • Once the confo is steady around a certain point, I'm going to concentrate on getting better movement stats and keep balance where it is right now.
  • STOP PURCHASING ARABIANS -
    • I already have 4 barns and 2 pastures full of Arabian foals that I'm probably never going to train or get trained and spent have over $200,000 on them.
I can't go back to yesterday—because I was a different person then.
—Alice, Alice in Wonderland
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote:...
I'm jumping in ruining your beautifully kept farm log again. :P

I have finally finished the last recipes that call for this warmblood, the dutch one. :D So if you're interested, you can take him straight from the boarding facility. I'm not expecting any monetary value, it's part of the welcome back, gift package from earlier. :D

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

BlackOak2 wrote:

I have finally finished the last recipes that call for this warmblood, the dutch one. :D So if you're interested, you can take him straight from the boarding facility. I'm not expecting any monetary value, it's part of the welcome back, gift package from earlier. :D
Haha, it's far from beautiful! At this point, I think I just made it my horse diary!

He looks amazing! I'll take him with my side. Maybe I'll just make a third line of American Warmbloods to keep my COI down ;).
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Haha, it's far from beautiful! At this point, I think I just made it my horse diary!

He looks amazing! I'll take him with my side. Maybe I'll just make a third line of American Warmbloods to keep my COI down ;).
With such a small pool to pull from, that might be a better idea then breeding out to grades every couple generations. :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

BlackOak2 wrote:
With such a small pool to pull from, that might be a better idea then breeding out to grades every couple generations. :lol:
Yeah! I swear I've looked through over 20 pages of stallions up for stud and only found a few that I liked.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Yeah! I swear I've looked through over 20 pages of stallions up for stud and only found a few that I liked.
I know that trek! :? And you gotta open Every ... Page of EVERY horse! to see the stats you really want to look at. It gets intolerable after just a short time, but it irritates more if you don't finish... :|

Oh! The Breeder's Lament!

Oh, that's a good horse name! :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

BlackOak2 wrote: I know that trek! :? And you gotta open Every ... Page of EVERY horse! to see the stats you really want to look at. It gets intolerable after just a short time, but it irritates more if you don't finish... :|

Those are the only times when I wish there were more filters! Going through the market is kind of calming (or is it just me lol).

That is a good name! I'll make it the name of my first AW from my third line, if I ever get around to making it :D.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: I know that trek! :? And you gotta open Every ... Page of EVERY horse! to see the stats you really want to look at. It gets intolerable after just a short time, but it irritates more if you don't finish... :|

Those are the only times when I wish there were more filters! Going through the market is kind of calming (or is it just me lol).

That is a good name! I'll make it the name of my first AW from my third line, if I ever get around to making it :D.
Ah! That sounds like a plan. :D

That market search, sometimes I'm alright with it and find it interesting to see what's there, but there are other times... that are more like pulling teeth than they are seeing what's interesting. That might be when the quality of the horses is really lacking, it's not a small blood pool but the owners have decently high prices. When I'm not going to get what I want with your stud, I get part of what I want with my stud, but your stud will fill in that area and yet you want... how much??? And of course, they're ALL that way. :| That's when it looses it's interest.

It also would help if the net would load faster! :mrgreen: Always helps when it's faster loading! :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am