The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

All Breeds Project - 292/328 Complete!

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Karabair, East Friesian - complete

Post by Corvus »

Karabair: (Arabian x Turkmene) x (Arabian x Mongolian)
Foals Bred: 24
I was thinking I'd use my Mongolian x Arabians I used for the Cheju on this but since those were crossed to my Reject line, they're actually pretty useless here since the Karabair should be more lightly built and horse-type rather than mid-range. So I'll actually get rid of those mares and breed Mongolians to normal Arabians, and that should give me a much better starting point. Also kinda sad I got rid of the Turkemenes I did have but it's fine.

I kinda like this breed because body size is supposed to be 0% to 30% and type is 100% to 70% horse. So not only are those nice, wide ranges, but since they go all the way to the end, I only have to worry about the one side. Height is pretty narrow at 14.3 to 15.2, but if that's the only variable that I've got to worry about, this breed is hopefully less frustrating than some others (and by that, I mean Poney Mousseyes).

9 Feb: My first foal was 4* and only 5% too horse. So close! I'd like to believe this means I should get a Karabair relatively quickly, but I know better. Especially since there's a narrow height range and one is too tall and one too short.

This is the mare I have at the moment.

Crown Avalanche

She's too short and too pony, although less than her foal was. But I believe in her. She can do it.

18 Feb: Avalanche has always taken her sweet, sweet time to have her foals. Probably 24-25 turns. So once, when it was time to return her to my main account, I thought, might as well get her a little closer. And guess what? She had her foal on my other account. And the foal was a Karabair. Ugh.

I didn't count that in my overall foal count, but he would have been the 6th foal if I'd returned my mare on time. Definitely not doing that again and I now have 3 Mongolian x Arabians, so hopefully one of them is successful soon enough.

19 Mar: I just bought/bred more horses and my original mare came through with another Karabair!

Success!

So now I'm overrun with all these mixes. Maybe I can use them for something else? If not, then I think I'll rehome as my farm is getting messy with so many random breeds and crosses.

Quest Complete 19 Feb 23!

East Friesian: (Andalusian x Anglo-Arabian) x Hanoverian
Foals Bred: 33
Since I'm able to do this one without having bred the Anglo-Arabian and I have Andalusians I'm not doing anything with, I'm gonna start on these, although not with much effort right now.

Whiskey Mast

So far she's my only Andalusian x Anglo-Arabian I've got and is only 2* although at least her height isn't off by all that much. So I'll breed her to Hanoverians. My Hanoverian is still a colt, but I might age him up quickly if the available studs run out of energy. I guess the bonus here is that my failures will give me half Hanoverians, and maybe I can breed up my own line of them who might work better for this breed.

As of right now, I'll just be breeding what I can, maybe breeding additional Hanoverians. If I get my Anglo-Arabian, I might breed that to a suitable grade horse and then cross that to an Andalusian since I feel that might help out a bit.

Also of use is this Andalusian mare

Bullet Tale

She's a 5* East Friesian, so I am breeding more crosses from her and hopefully one of them will be decent, although the studs available aren't too promising.

9 Feb: I have a few Andalusians who are 5* now and are being aged up. I also am breeding my Anglo-Arabian mare to a thicc grade horse because I need bulkier, ponier horses for this. My first half Anglo-Arabian wasn't great, although better than typical Anglo-Arabians, and if crossed to a decent Andalusian, it might give me something decent. I may also end up making half Hanoverians too because I don't think I have any good ones at the moment.

14 Feb: This was starting to become one of my longer projects since I didn't have too many horses that were great. So I was gonna clean up and get rid of some of my less than perfect horses and use my better horses to make better recipe horses and breed bulkier and ponier Hanoverians. I was going to finish up the one batch of mares already pregnant and here's the results.

Oak Sapphire

Restless Apple

Two East Friesians! And both are 4* for Oldenburgs, only being too short, which I think can easily be made up with the other breeds involved. There's only a total of 4 breeds bred from East Friesians so if it's not a crazy amount of work, I might try to get all those out of the way fairly quickly, otherwise, I'll freeze a mare or two.

Quest Complete 14 Feb 23!
Last edited by Corvus on Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Oldenburg - complete

Post by Corvus »

Oldenburg: (Andalusian x East Friesian) x (NAB x TB)
Foals Bred: 3
I've bred several Andalusian x East Friesian fillies and the first one is 4 years old. I also have started breeding a few NAB x TBs, but since there are available studs for that cross, I'm not super focused on those. But here's mare number one!

Magical Asterisk

I'm going to start breeding her immediately while the others age up. I plan on running 4 Andalusian x East Friesian mares to start with, and then adding in some NAB x TBs, especially if I get a good colt.

I can't believe this. Only my third foal and I got it.

Renegade Lioness

She's no good for a Finnish Universal, but I'll see if I can breed a few more Oldenburgs from her before I start on the Finnish Universals.

Quest Complete 18 February 2023!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Finnish Universal, Latvian Heavy Draft, Kabarda - complete

Post by Corvus »

Finnish Universal: Oldenburg x Finnish Draft
Foals Bred: 2
IT IS FINALLY TIME TO MAKE FINNISH UNIVERSALS. I don't know why this is my favorite breed as I've only ever seen pictures of them, but they're cute so. My Oldenburg isn't great, but I'll start breeding her anyway when she's old enough. In the meantime, I've had Finnish Drafts just chilling and waiting for me to make Oldenburgs so I've got a pasture full of them.

Crows Bring the Spring

She's slightly too horse but otherwise good for a Finnish Universal. She's older though, so I don't know if I'll have her long enough to breed a Finnish Universal, but it's okay if I don't because I also have her.

Happy Little Boozer

She's a 5* Finnish Universal, but not quite old enough to breed. Right now, I'm gonna keep her on this account while I work towards some other breeds.

AND SHE'S HERE

Hero In A Dream

It has been a long journey to get her. Gonna be keeping Finnish Universals even after I've bred everything from them and name them after various metal songs.

Quest Complete 20 Feb 23!

Latvian Heavy Draft: Ardennais x East Friesian
I've got East Friesians I'm doing nothing with and so might as well try for this? Right now, my two mares are busy making more East Friesians, but once they have their foals, I'll breed them to an Ardennais and hope this isn't one of those breeds that seems easy and takes a month.

lol that was fast

Latvian Heavy Draft

Quest Complete 19 Feb 23!

Kabarda: (Arabian x Mongolian) x (Persian Arabian x Turkmene)
Good news: I have plenty of Arabian x Mongolians from breeding Karabairs, and Kabardas and Karabairs need the same build so that's good. Bad news: I've got to make my own Perisian Arabian x Turkemenes.

Torn thy Daisy

Grabbed this Turkemene mare and bred her to a Persian Arabian. I've got a mate for the foal whether it's a colt or filly, but I'm hoping for a colt since I have so many mares. I should probably get a few Turkemene mares to speed this up, but I like to make things difficult.

First batch of foals and I got one! These last three breeds have gone by very quickly.

Kabarda

Still need this breed for a few things, but I think I'll do most of those later.

Quest Complete 20 Feb 23!
Last edited by Corvus on Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Hokkaido, Jaf, Kazakh - complete

Post by Corvus »

Hokkaido: Tarpan x Cheju
Foals Bred: 7
I have one Cheju so hopefully he works out.

No Monsters in the Sea

He's too short, but good everywhere else. The two Tarpan mares I have are also too short, but they might surprise me with a taller foal. If not, I am also breeding half and part Chejus so I can at least have a few more to work with.

All my foals were coming out too short and my mares are old so I picked up another Tarpan who I was aging up, but was gonna keep breeding my old mares because might as well and got a Hokkaido!

Intergalactic Queen

This means I can get rid of my Chejus now and my two old Tarpan mares will probably pass before I need them again, but I'll bring my filly back over to this account so I'll have her whenever I need a Tarpan again.

Quest Complete 22 Feb 23!

Jaf:(Persian Arabian x Turkmene) x Tchenarani
Foals Bred: 1
I accidentally bred Tchenaranis while making Persian Arabian x Turkmenes for Kabardas, and since I have some Persian Arabian x Turkemenes from that, might as well try to get Jafs out of the way. Right now, I have one Tchenarani mare

Heavenly Poppyseed

and two Turkemene x Persian Arabians.

Shameless Excalibur

Divine Shadow

I also have stallions for both, and a spare Tchenarani filly. I might have some more mares somewhere, but I also might have aged them out. My pastures are a mess at the moment and I'm trying to get some horses aged out or sold which means I sometimes forget where I've stuck a horse.

Another easy one!

Jaf

I actually got two on my first batch. My Tchenarani hasn't had her foal yet, so maybe I'll be 3 for 3. There is one breed to make from Jafs, which is a simple cross, to I'll age up my foals and hopefully get that checked off too.

Quest Complete 21 Feb 23!

Kazakh: (Arabian x Mongolian) x (Akhal-Teke x Karabair)
I have one Karabair stallion

Worst Luck

as well as a colt somewhere. I also picked up an Akhal-Teke instead of unfreezing one of mine, and she's almost old enough to breed. Hopefully my speed account will have space for her soon so I can breed and age up a foal or three pretty quick.

Akhal-Teke

I can't believe I've had such luck for so many breeds in a row. On my first batch of mares, using Arabian x Mongolians I had left over from other breeds, I managed to get a Kazakh!

Diving Speckles

There's only one of five breeds made from Kazakhs I could work on right now, so I think I'll age her up and freeze her, since I'm only holding one breed instead of two.

Quest Complete 22 Feb 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Konik, Timor Pony, Baladi - complete

Post by Corvus »

Konik: (Prz x Tarpan) x (Prz x Forest Horse)
Foals Bred: 5
I have my two older Tarpan mares bred to Przewalskis as well as one of my Forest Horse mares. I may have to breed the Prz x Forest to another Prz to get something better for Koniks.

So Prz x Tarpan makes Exmoor Ponies, and Prz x Forest Horse makes Obs. It was a pain to get the crosses for this, but I have a few. I have three mares and a few stallions, but this is the mare who is closest.

Searching Ember

She is a Prz x Tarpan and is just a touch too bulky. Unfortunately, my Forest Horse x Prz are too, but she might manage.

I also have this Prz x Tarpan stallion

Peeping My Falcon

He's 5* for Konik. My Prz x Forest Horse mare isn't great, but I think I might be able to get a Konik with what I've got. I think I have a bunch of foals that I'm aging up too, but they might be for Timors. Idk there's so many and I can't keep track.

And Falcon came through for me!

Twirling Desert

One more breed down, a lot more to go

Quest Complete 24 Feb 23!

Timor Pony: (Caspian x Tarpan) x (Caspian x Mongolian)
Foals Bred: 31
Once my Tarpan mares are available, I'll breed them to some Caspians. I'll start breeding some Mongolians to Caspians as well.

So I got my Mongolian x Caspians just fine, but since I struggled to get Tarpan x Prz for Koniks, I sorta forgot to breed Caspian x Tarpans. Which meant I had a ton of Caspian x Mongolian mares ready by the time I started breeding for the Caspian x Tarpans. And then I kept getting fillies so I have a mess of Caspian mixes right now.

Please let this one not take forever so I can just rehome these guys and not have to try getting them organized.

I had several mares, and in my last batch, I think there were close to 12. Or maybe more. But it was a lot. I had several near misses but I did get a Timor Pony.

Gold Maverick

Now to see if I can use these recipe horses for anything else. If not, I think I'll just rehome all of them instead of dealing with them sitting around forever.

Quest Complete 25 Feb 23!

Baladi: NAB x Arabian
My Arabians aren't really cut out for this, but I have one who is okay. Just not horsey enough.

Sienna

I'm not doing anything else with her so I'll try to breed a Baladi with her. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for suitable Arabians since my weird little rejects do have some non-reject foals.

Got a few okayish Arabians and one of them had this foal!

Baladi

Now to get rid of all my Arabians that look too normal

Quest Complete 23 Feb 23!
Last edited by Corvus on Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:32 am, edited 10 times in total.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Re: All Breeds Project

Post by Heartland2001 »

Corvus wrote:
Sales
Obviously, there will be a lot of horses used in this project, and I will be selling off horses as I go or just aging them out. So if anyone is also wanting to breed these horses, I may have recipe horses for sale. I will also sell off breeds I don't need any longer or ones that I don't plan on working on for a while.

I like to hold on to a few horses of breeds that I still need for other projects, but as it may be some time before I'm ready to use them, I may be willing to sell them to others who need them for projects or if they're working on developing that breed. My currently frozen breeds are: Sorraia, Dulmen, Akhal-Teke, Andalusian, Exmoor Pony, Bashkir

Current Horses To Sell/Age

These are the breeds and mixes that I am no longer breeding (or cute foals that weren't what I needed) and are up for sale or will be aged out. Anything on the crowlo account will be aged out fairly rapidly.

Abyssinian Mare
Part TB x Cleveland Bay Stallion 5* Norfolk Trotter, produced a Norfolk Trotter
Sumbawa Filly
Manipuri Pony Colt 4* Burma Pony
Tibetan Pony Stallion
Nigerian Stallion
Part TB x Arabian Filly
Part TB x Arabian Colt 4* Anglo-Arabian
TB Colt
Part TB Stallion
Part TB Stallion
Sumba Mare
Half Hanoverian Mare Produced an East Friesian
Mixed Andalusian x Anglo-Arabian Stallion 5* East Friesian, produced 3 East Friesians!
Mixed Andalusian x Anglo-Arabian Mare 4* East Friesian
Tchenarani Mare
Tchenarani Filly
Tchenarani Stallion
Tchenarani Stallion
Turkemene x Persian Arabian Mare
Part Turkmene x Persian Arabian Mare
Part Turkmene x Persian Arabian Stallion
Part Cheju Filly
Cheju Stallion
Do you have any phoney of mouseeye mares I could buy
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Post by Corvus »

Heartland2001 wrote:
Corvus wrote:
Sales
Obviously, there will be a lot of horses used in this project, and I will be selling off horses as I go or just aging them out. So if anyone is also wanting to breed these horses, I may have recipe horses for sale. I will also sell off breeds I don't need any longer or ones that I don't plan on working on for a while.

I like to hold on to a few horses of breeds that I still need for other projects, but as it may be some time before I'm ready to use them, I may be willing to sell them to others who need them for projects or if they're working on developing that breed. My currently frozen breeds are: Sorraia, Dulmen, Akhal-Teke, Andalusian, Exmoor Pony, Bashkir

Current Horses To Sell/Age

These are the breeds and mixes that I am no longer breeding (or cute foals that weren't what I needed) and are up for sale or will be aged out. Anything on the crowlo account will be aged out fairly rapidly.

Abyssinian Mare
Part TB x Cleveland Bay Stallion 5* Norfolk Trotter, produced a Norfolk Trotter
Sumbawa Filly
Manipuri Pony Colt 4* Burma Pony
Tibetan Pony Stallion
Nigerian Stallion
Part TB x Arabian Filly
Part TB x Arabian Colt 4* Anglo-Arabian
TB Colt
Part TB Stallion
Part TB Stallion
Sumba Mare
Half Hanoverian Mare Produced an East Friesian
Mixed Andalusian x Anglo-Arabian Stallion 5* East Friesian, produced 3 East Friesians!
Mixed Andalusian x Anglo-Arabian Mare 4* East Friesian
Tchenarani Mare
Tchenarani Filly
Tchenarani Stallion
Tchenarani Stallion
Turkemene x Persian Arabian Mare
Part Turkmene x Persian Arabian Mare
Part Turkmene x Persian Arabian Stallion
Part Cheju Filly
Cheju Stallion
Do you have any phoney of mouseeye mares I could buy
I unfortunately sold or aged out all that I had and just aged out my last Nigerians. I do have some short, pony like Arabians though if you wanted to try breeding some.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

Corvus wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: Do you have any phoney of mouseeye mares I could buy
I unfortunately sold or aged out all that I had and just aged out my last Nigerians. I do have some short, pony like Arabians though if you wanted to try breeding some.
I bought a breeding pair off of you but I've had no luck :(
Image Image
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Post by Corvus »

Heartland2001 wrote:
Corvus wrote:
I bought a breeding pair off of you but I've had no luck :(
They were an extremely frustrating breed to make. I had to breed a few generations of Nigerians and far too many Arabians before I was able to get them.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

Corvus wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: I bought a breeding pair off of you but I've had no luck :(
They were an extremely frustrating breed to make. I had to breed a few generations of Nigerians and far too many Arabians before I was able to get them.
I have bred them over and over with no luck :(
Image Image
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:43 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:43 pm