The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Hil's Hooplah and Hullabaloo

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Re: Hil's Hooplah Summer 213

Post by Hilayla »

First I put up some Chinese Pony and Manipuri stallions so I can breed Mongol on my other ranch. I'm still working on a few breeds here that use them so I'll be cross-contaminating ranches for a minute.

Then I used up my turns trying to get to spring.

Autumn 213 gave me a new Burma filly! Her parents are gonna be immediately re-bred. I wanna boy.

After going to get her picture, I realized she's from the outside stud I used not from my manipuri breedings. :lol: I didn't think I had tried for one with the Manis. I think I will keep using this stud until either another one comes up or have Pure Burma boy of my own.

Her half sister/niece :? is creamier though only 80% Burma.

I had to take another turn to repeat those breedings and now I am out of turns. It's autumn and I need to cull more Chinese Ponies anyway so I have that to start while waiting for turns to renew.

I decided to Procrastinate on the Chinese Ponies since there are soooo many and I've sorted The Manis instead. Anything that was not at least 4* for Burma or Zaniskari was sorted into three pastures of below 50 HGP, 50-55 HGP and 55+ HGP. I might end up culling anything below 50HGP.

Then I did the same thing with my Tibetans, albeit with slightly lower HGP. I have a couple of mares that will be sold or retired after they foal. Culling is getting easier this way. I have now run out of ways to avoid sorting my Chinese Ponies. I do have 2 more turns to take now though.

I took those turns and started sorting and realised most my Chinese Ponies are evaluating high for Sumbas so decided to sort by HGP instead. What I actually did, however, was breed a bunch of Chinese pony mares to a Mongol stud that will hopefull produce at least one Sumba. I've probably made one of these before so if I have already done this quest I maybe just might cull these a lot since I think I've created all the breeds they make. I'll have to double check.

I did divide up the Chinese Ponies but I also don't need them anymore. I'm thinking I am going to slowly start putting them up for sale, retiring or rehoming them. At least anything under 37 HGP. I have too many full pastures of them.

That's it for today, I think.
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Re: Hil's Hooplah Winter 213

Post by Hilayla »

I did not log out. I sorted through my Tibetans and evaluated them for all possible breeds. More turns came up and I got a Zaniskari foal! Repeated the breeding.

Superflash
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 am