The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Pony Project

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
ThePonyProject
Visit My Farm

The Pony Project

Post by ThePonyProject »

The Pony Project

The goal of this project is to create tough, strong, well conformed, even-tempered ponies. Ponies will be good "all around riding and work horses" with an aptitude for trails and cross country. They could be considered "survival ponies": Easy keepers, hardy, and healthy.

Confirmation

Ponies should be between 12-14.2 hh. The ratio between their legs and body should be 1:1. They should be stocky, with thick legs and a muscular, well balanced body. They should have level backs or be slightly uphill. These horses should be well adapted to survival in rough terrain, with good feet, good sense and able to tolerate cold temperatures.

Color should be Chestnut, Bay, Black, or Tobiano versions of those colors. For horses bred to work in wooded or darker areas, tiger eye should be present, or other variations that cause lighter eyes, as it allows better sight in the dark. Roan is uncommon but acceptable. Dilutions such as Dun, Cream, Pearl or Champagne may be seen as well. Varnish is not acceptable.

Game Specific

COI should not be above 12.5% (As a personal challenge for me). Focus on confirmation first, then breeders comments, and HGP last.
Last edited by ThePonyProject on Wed May 20, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThePonyProject
Visit My Farm

Re: The Pony Project

Post by ThePonyProject »

reserved
ThePonyProject
Visit My Farm

Post by ThePonyProject »

reserved
KYLEIGH396
Visit My Farm

Post by KYLEIGH396 »

ThePonyProject wrote:The Pony Project

The goal of this project is to create tough, strong, well conformed, even-tempered ponies. Ponies will be good "all around riding and work horses" with an aptitude for trails and cross country. They could be considered "survival ponies": Easy keepers, hardy, and healthy.

Confirmation

Ponies should be between 12-14.2 hh. The ratio between their legs and body should be 1:1. They should be stocky, with thick legs and a muscular, well balanced body. They should have level backs or be slightly uphill. These horses should be well adapted to survival in rough terrain, with good feet, good sense and able to tolerate cold temperatures.

Color should be Chestnut, Bay, Black, or Tobiano versions of those colors. For horses bred to work in wooded or darker areas, tiger eye should be present, or other variations that cause lighter eyes, as it allows better sight in the dark. Roan is uncommon but acceptable. Dilutions such as Dun, Cream, Pearl or Champagne may be seen as well. Varnish is not acceptable.

Game Specific

COI should not be above 12.5% (As a personal challenge for me). Focus on confirmation first, then breeders comments, and HGP last.
From experience, maybe work on stats and HGP first. These are your horses "genes" and will make breeding the confo easier. Just my 2-cents though.
ThePonyProject
Visit My Farm

Post by ThePonyProject »

KYLEIGH396 wrote: From experience, maybe work on stats and HGP first. These are your horses "genes" and will make breeding the confo easier. Just my 2-cents though.
Thank you! I'm just more concerned about developing the shape and breed characteristics I'm going for first. Perhaps not the best way, but for now it makes me happy.
KYLEIGH396
Visit My Farm

Post by KYLEIGH396 »

ThePonyProject wrote:
KYLEIGH396 wrote: From experience, maybe work on stats and HGP first. These are your horses "genes" and will make breeding the confo easier. Just my 2-cents though.
Thank you! I'm just more concerned about developing the shape and breed characteristics I'm going for first. Perhaps not the best way, but for now it makes me happy.
Ah! Well this is your project, don't let anyone get in you're way :D
ThePonyProject
Visit My Farm

Post by ThePonyProject »

Update

None of my horses have really reached the type I'm going for yet, but getting there! Here are the mares, stallions and foals that most closely resemble what I am going for.

Mares
~TTP~ The Fate's Chocolate Pudding

This Mare has a decent shape, and the recessive mane that I like.
Faults: Not uphill enough, needs thicker legs

~TTP~ Fateful Cocoa Van Rain

This Mare has a decent shape, better than the one above I think?, and the recessive mane that I like.
Faults: Not uphill enough, needs thicker legs

~TTP~ Lady Breeze

She has good shape, but needs to be thicker, a little more uphill

~TTP~ Smart Breeze

Needs to be thicker and with a more sloped coup

Salt Fog2

Same issues as above

~TTP~ Lady Foggy Sugar

See above

Stallions

~TTP~ Sugar Stockings

Good shape, needs uphill and thicker