Community Forum

Wild Horse Ridge Stables Farm Log (PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: Wild Horse Ridge Stables Farm Log (PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM)

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Important Abbreviations I use (Will start using as of 9 / 28 / 2020)

abbreviation = the meaning of the abbreviation
Measurement Units and Time units

yr = year
yrs = years
mth = month
mths = months
min = minute
mins = minutes

Stud and Sale related

prst = Private stud only
pst = Public stud
prs = Private sale only
ps = Public sale
Competing Related

comp = Competition
lvl = Level
lc = Local comp

Temperament Related

bp = Bombproof
ca = Calm
et = Even-tempered
temp = Temperament
sp = Spirited
hs = High Strung
Conformation and Breeders Report Related

confo = Conformation
br = Breeders Report
gd = Gold
gr = Green
Rd = Red
nh = Not highlighted
spd = Speed
str = Strength
stm = Stamina

Weight Related

wt = Weight
vf = Very fat
fa = Fat
fl = Fleshy
mfl = Moderately Fleshy
m = Moderate
mt = Moderately Thin
t = Thin
vt = Very thin
p = Poor
Other

Tb = Thoroughbred
oc = Owner's Comments
HGP / hgp = Horse Genetic potential
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on September 28th, 2020, 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Horses that need training

Training required: Tells how far the horse needs to be trained to
Age Requirement: Tells how fast in game time the horse needs to be finished training which is also including the weight, temperament, and other requests I've put down for that particular horse.
Real world time requirement: Tells how fast in real world time the horse needs to be finished training which is also including the weight, temperament, and other requests I've put down for that particular horse.
Required Weight: Tells where I want the horse's weight to be at once the horse has been trained
Required Temperament: Tells where I want the horse's temperament to be at once the horse has been trained
Other special training requests: Tells any other requests I want to have done.

Racehorses

Horse #2676114 ♂

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2676114
Training required: Fully trained. All stats must be to at least 99.3% and stamina to 99.8%
Age Requirement: In under 3 years
Real world time requirement: 1 week or less
Required Weight: Moderately thin
Required Temperament: Just below High Strung (Once temperament reaches high strung, get the temperament down to spirited. The minute the horse turns spirited from high strung is the temperament I'm looking for).
Other special training requests: Pictures taken every 6 months or yearly. Speed and strength up to at least 99.4%

Horse #2464329 ♂

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2464329
Training required: Fully trained. All stats must be to at least 99.3% and stamina to 99.8%
Required Temperament: Just below High Strung (Once temperament reaches high strung, get the temperament down to spirited. The minute the horse turns spirited from high strung is the temperament I'm looking for).
Other special training requests: Pictures taken every 6 months or yearly. Speed, agility, tempo, and strength up to at least 99.4%

Horse #2842586 ♂

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2842586
Other special training requests: Pictures taken every 6 months or yearly. Speed, agility, tempo, and strength up to at least 99.4%

Horse #2842573 ♂

[urlhttps://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2842573][/url]
Other special training requests: Pictures taken every 6 months or yearly. Speed and strength up to at least 99.4%

[horse=][/horse]

[horse=][/horse]

Grinders

[horse=][/horse]

Required Weight: Moderate
Required Temperament: Usually born bombproof so temperament will very likely not change.
Other special training requests: Pictures taken every 6 months or yearly.

[horse=][/horse]

Required Temperament: Usually born bombproof so temperament will very likely not change.

[horse=][/horse]

Trakehners

[horse=][/horse]

Required Temperament: Calm
Other special training requests: Pictures taken every 6 months or yearly. Movement, balance, and tempo to at least 99.4%

[horse=][/horse]

Other special training requests: Pictures taken every 6 months or yearly. Movement, balance, and tempo to at least 99.4%

[horse=][/horse]

[horse=][/horse]

Last edited by PeacefulOreo on July 21st, 2021, 6:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Awards and Major Competition wins

For: Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint
Link to contest/competition: viewtopic.php?p=244215#p244215

For: Breeders Cup Sprint
Link to contest/competition: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28673&start=70#p244679

For:
Link to contest/competition:

For:

For:

For:

For:

For:

For:
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on November 24th, 2020, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

Post by PeacefulOreo »

PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

"I wanted to show people that if you work hard, never give up, and believe in yourself, you can achieve success." - Karen Chen

https://imgur.com/a/UsB553C (Yes, this is an actual photo of part of my legs and Jackson Excel skates)

How I got into skating and when I started

Back in 2018, I really enjoyed watching the Olympic figure skating. After seeing the figure skaters on the 2018 Winter Olympics, I started imagining myself as a figure skater. Then on December 24th, 2019, my parents, brother in law, sister, and I all went ice skating. I didn't get as far as I had hoped (I was hoping to be able to skate around without needing to hold onto anything) on Christmas Eve 2019. Then my dad said he would sign me up for skating lessons and then I had my very first skating lesson on January 11th, 2020. I found that I really enjoyed doing my skating lessons. Ever since then, I've been taking lessons.
The program I was taking my lessons through

Learn To Skate USA (LTS for short)
Basic Levels

I was originally put into the Adult Level 1 but then once I passed Adult Level 3, I was put back into the Basic levels and put at Basic 4. I think it was to keep me from being with the super young kids.
My Instructors

I've had a total of 6 official LTS instructors and 1 instructor who wasn't an official instructor (basically someone I can turn to for extra help and any figure skating advice that I need). I found that I pretty much liked all 6 of them except for one who I think is better with the younger children.
My Current Level

Learn To Skate USA Free Skate 1 in the Jr. Club
What new people and stuff skating brought into my life

Skating has brought into my life a bunch of people that I've become good acquaintances all the way to good friends with. It's also helped me keep active and has become a stress relieving activity as well as the passion of the sport itself (Yes figure skating is a sport just as much as football, basketball, and hockey is. I'd argue that figure skating is more of a sport than golf is).
What I love about figure skating

1. Feels like I'm flying
2. It challenges me
3. A great stress reliever
4. Learning all kinds of new skills
5. Introduces me to new people
6. Keeps me active
7. Mastering hard skills boosts my confidence and overall moral
8. I can do it during any season because of the indoor ice arenas
All Skills (All mastered, still need to work on, and haven't learned yet)

Basic 1 Skills (Just going to go ahead with the Basic even though I was started at Adult Level 1, most Basic 1 skills are similar to the Adult 1 skills but just one or two extras)
1. Falling and getting up from a fall (mastered)
2. Forward marching (mastered)
3. Two foot glides (mastered)
4. Dips (mastered)
5. Forward swizzles (mastered)
6. Snowplow stop in place (mastered)
7. Two foot hop in place (bonus skill)
Basic 2 Skills (Most Basic 2 skills are similar to the Adult 2 skills but just one or two extras)
1. Scooter pushes (left and right)
2. Forward one foot glides (left and right)
3. Rocking horse (mastered)
4. Backward swizzles (mastered)
5. Backward two foot glides (mastered)
6. Forward to backward two foot turns in place (mastered)
7. Moving snowplow stop (mastered)
8. Curves (bonus skill, mastered)
Basic 3 Skills (Most Basic 3 skills are similar to the Adult 3 skills but just one or two extras)
1. Skating forwards, using the blade correctly (mastered)
2. Forward half swizzle pumps on a circle (both directions)
3. Moving forward to backward two foot turns (one direction is far better than the other)
4. Begin backwards one foot glides (both left and right)
5. Backward snowplow stop (pretty much mastered)
6. Forward slalom (mastered)
7. Forward pivots (Bonus Skill. Have counter clockwise but haven't tried clockwise in a long time to see how good I'm at it anymore)
Basic 4 Skills (Here was where I was put from Adult 3 to Basic 4)
1. Forward outside edge on a circle (both left and right)
2. Forward inside edge on a circle (both left and right)
3. Forward crossovers (one direction is far better than the other direction. Crossing my right over my left is the best side)
4. Backward half swizzle pumps on a circle (both directions)
5. Backward one foot glides (got both left and right)
6. Beginning two foot spins of up to 2 revolutions/spins (going counter clockwise but is unusual for a left handed person)
7. Forward lunges (Bonus skills, needs tons and tons of work on both legs :lol: )
Basic 5 Skills
1. Backward outside edge on a circle (both left and right)
2. Backward inside edge on a circle (both left and right)
3. Backward crossovers (unlike my forward crossovers, both directions are good)
4. Forward outside three turn (doing it on my right is doing well however can't say the same for the left leg :lol: )
5. Advanced two foot spins of at least 4 revolutions/spins (I can very easily get up to 4 rotations/spins so long as I keep my whole upper body under control, keep my weight in the right spot, get a good pivot into the spin, and don't hold back from letting myself spin)
6. Hockey stops (Needs tons and tons of practice, keep wanting to do the snowplow stop with the one skate :roll: :lol: )
Basic 6 Skills (I pretty much skipped having to pass this level as my LTS instructor said I was ready for the more advanced figure skating program)
1. Forward inside open mohawk from standstill (have attempted on my own, much struggles lol)
2. Forward inside three turns (I have "accidentally" done one when I was trying to do my forward outside three turns)
3. Moving backward to forward two foot turns (have attempted, very close, need to be able to keep gliding forwards after the turn)
4. Backward stroking (I can for sure do it but I find myself being lazy and only doing the backward swizzles and backward swizzle pumps :roll: )
5. Beginning one foot spin of 2 to 4 revolutions/spins (I have gotten 2 revolutions/spins when doing two foot spin and then lifting up my one foot for the one foot spin)
6. T-stops (Haven't tried these yet, may try them sometime on my own at a public skating session)
7. Bunny hop (Can do but needs work on making it look more graceful)
8. Forward spiral on a straight line ("Self taught", though isn't too much to it other than balance, coordination, and flexibility. I can do it with my left leg raised but I have to do a ton of work on with raising my right leg)
9. Shoot the duck (not actually shooting the duck. Having my right foot on the ice with my left foot extended is the easiest side)
Other skills not mentioned on the Basic 1 to Basic 6
1. Side toe hop (Going to the right is mastered but I seriously need to work on the ones going left XD )
2. Waltz jump (can do from backward crossovers if I don't hesitate)
3. Toe loop jump (have landed it twice but needs a ton of work yet)
4. Salchow jump (have gotten very close to landing it)
5. Half lutz jump (haven't attempted yet)
6. Half flip jump (haven't attempted yet)
7. Axel jump (haven't attempted yet)
8. Lutz jump (haven't attempted yet)
9. Flip jump (haven't attempted yet)
10. Loop jump (haven't attempted yet)
11. Backward crossover entry to one foot spin (have made many attempts and haven't gotten the spinning down yet)
12. Chinese Spiral / Catch-foot spiral (can do but need to work more on flexibility to get leg up higher. Having my left foot in the air is my better side)
13. Power pulls (have attempted but haven't successfully gotten some good power pulls)
14. Power 3 turns (Three turn, backward crossover, mohawk to face forward, and repeat. Have attempted but needs plenty of work)
15. Backward to forward three turns (have attempted, needs plenty of work yet)
Future Plan

I've not really figured out for sure whether I want to compete or not. My current goal (As of February 2021) is to learn a variety of different jumps, spins, and spirals. Though I think I would enjoy being in a show if the ice arena I go to ever does any (Because of COVID-19, the ice shows aren't 100% for sure decided on whether it's going to happen soon or not, basically still up in the air as the saying goes Update: Had an ice show on May 1st, 2021).
The type of figure skates I have

My dad ordered off of Amazon both Jackson Ultima Soft skates and a Jackson Ultima Excel, one pair for me and one pair for my mom. My mom and I found out that we didn't like the Jackson Ultima Excel skates because it was hard to control where exactly we were going and were constantly tripping over the toe pick (even after having the skates sharpened at the ice arena). I had learned from a good figure skater friend of mine (The good figure skater friend is a guy and hehehe, I may have a crush on him ;) :P ) that the ice arena didn't do a good job of sharpening figure skates and recommended a professional to us. I used to use the soft skates until mid to late December (we took both pairs of figure skates to the professional that we had been recommended to go to and the guy, the professional, there said the Excel skates had a terrible sharpening job which was the cause for why my mom and I were struggling to control where we were going). The guy also highly recommended to me to move up to the Excels which I did and found that I like much better once he had sharpened my skates (I also think part of why I struggled to use the Excels before was because I wasn't as experienced when I first tried them compared to how experienced I am when I then tried the skates on late December). Now the only problem I'm having is that I feel like my feet are doing a little bit of sliding around and my heels are doing a little bit of lifting when I lift up my feet which I'm thinking is because we didn't go get the skates fitted by a professional so I'm hoping to get that problem fixed soon (my dad was talking about getting me a new pair of skates soon as I'm going to be getting into the even more advanced stuff, hoping we'll go to the professional to get my skates fitted even though that is going to be far more expensive than just buying off of Amazon but having the proper fitting skates is crucial to both doing certain skills and for protection from any foot/ankle injuries).

Update: I got fitted for new skates and have been using my new pair, Jackson Ultima Elles, for about a month now. My Jackson Elles are a size 6 and have a 35 ankle support (the higher the ankle support number is, the stiffer the leather is, also allows you to safely do more rotations in jumps the higher the ankle support number is, which means having to use more strength to be able to bend your knees) compared to my old pair of Jackson Excels of a size 7 and a 5 ankle support.
Latest updates

February Update: Link
Final Thoughts

I definitely think anyone at any age is able to learn how to skate, they just have to be willing to do it and put the work/practice into it. There are definitely pros and cons to both learning really young and starting at a later age. I personally know of several figure skaters who started figure skating young and figure skaters who started at a later age.
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on July 21st, 2021, 6:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Wild Horse Ridge Stables Top Quality Thoroughbreds

Brand

♛✯₩ⱧⱤ₮฿✯♛
About

Marks the highest quality Thoroughbreds bred by Wild Horse Ridge Stables.
Stallion Requirements

1. Purebred Thoroughbred
2. Both parents are purebred Thoroughbred
3. Justify must be in the Pedigree
4. Gold Speed comment on breeders report
5. Gold Stamina comment on breeders report
6. Good Strength comment on breeders report
7. Gold Intelligence comment on breeders report
8. No red comments on breeders report
9. 61+ Speed Conformation
10. 29+ Strength Conformation
11. 42+ Stamina Conformation
12. 62,000+ HGP (Horse Genetic Potential)
13. Light horse type build
14. Fastest racing time must be under 2 minutes. Untrained fastest racing time must be under 2:13.50 minutes
15. Has produced at least two foals that meet the requirements above. If horse has no progeny, all values decrease by $2,500,000.
Mare Requirements

1. Purebred Thoroughbred
2. Both parents are purebred Thoroughbred
3. Justify must be in the Pedigree
4. Gold Speed comment on breeders report
5. Green/Gold Stamina comment on breeders report
6. Average/Good Strength comment on breeders report
7. Gold Intelligence comment on breeders report
8. No red comments on breeders report
9. 57+ Speed Conformation
10. 27+ Strength Conformation
11. 40+ Stamina Conformation
12. 59,500+ HGP (Horse Genetic Potential)
13. Light horse type build
14. Fastest racing time must be under 2:04.00 minutes. Untrained fastest racing time must be under 2:14.50 minutes
15. Has produced at least two foals that meet the requirements above. If horse has no progeny, all values decrease by $2,500,000.
Stud Value

Stallions that have met the requirements to have the brand will have a base stud value of around $3,000,000
Brood Mare Value

Mares that have met the requirements to have the brand will have a base brood mare value of around $6,500,000
Sale Value

All horses that have met the requirements to have the brand will have a base sale value of around $8,000,000
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on November 17th, 2021, 5:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Become a Patron!