The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

.⚝. Show Jump Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Eugene
Visit My Farm

Re: .⚝. Show Jump Log

Post by Eugene »

Mini Update!

.⚝. Fools Overture is officially my first mare to score below 03:07.00 in L. 10 competitions, scoring 03:06.75!

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That's, fourth batch? since you started on this particular data gathering? Or is this fifth? Generation 8, 9 or?

Actually, that's quite quick. If such a thing could work on any discipline, then we'd have a base formula for aiming for those fastest scores. I think we already knew it could be quick, but didn't have any solid evidence on how quick, besides the horses themselves.

And, of course, congratulations. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Eugene
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

BlackOak2 wrote:That's, fourth batch? since you started on this particular data gathering? Or is this fifth? Generation 8, 9 or?

Actually, that's quite quick. If such a thing could work on any discipline, then we'd have a base formula for aiming for those fastest scores. I think we already knew it could be quick, but didn't have any solid evidence on how quick, besides the horses themselves.

She's gen 9. And yeah, compared to the dressage project this is taking very little time! Crazy what thinking through breeding decisions does.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Eugene wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:That's, fourth batch? since you started on this particular data gathering? Or is this fifth? Generation 8, 9 or?

She's gen 9. And yeah, compared to the dressage project this is taking very little time! Crazy what thinking through breeding decisions does.
Indeed! I would assume that some of the disciplines would be quicker than the others, if only because some of the stats are easier to develop than others. But with a template, then it'll be easier to develop.

So, 9 generations for development into a records-area scoring mare is mind-blowing! Okay, maybe not mind-blowing, but... still intimidating. :lol:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Eugene
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

We have reached Gen 9!

Here is this generation's colt data (horses selected for breeding are highlighted)

And the fillies

Boy howdy is strength difficult to breed for! The herd is teetering on the edge, and hips are becoming more sloped, but not quite enough to impact strength. I've already begun breeding for G10, and I'll tell you right now it's going to be tight. Lots of average/middling strength comments, despite the parents having positive comments themselves! Unfortunately culling all fillies born with average comments likely won't be feasible, since there may not be enough born with above average comments.

On the bright side, the colts look great. There is already another 'Olympics' comment colt, so I can afford to be more strict with them. Hopefully scores will measure up to their on-paper stats.
Aubergine
Visit My Farm

Post by Aubergine »

Well, this is exciting! I was absolutely not expecting to log in after work today to see that Year of the Cat has broken into the 03:05.00s!
.⚝. Year of the Cat
Eugene
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

This has been by far the most exciting generation yet! As you may have seen in the previous mini-update, .⚝. Year of the Cat smashed the previous L. 10 World record scoring 03:05.36! I suppose technically that means I’ve achieved my initial goal of breaking the L. 10 record, so I’m setting a new goal of breeding a horse with green strength. If Year of the Cat can score that well without a green strength comment, imagine his score if he had one!

Thankfully there were far more decent mares than I initially predicted, here they are below,

And here are the stallions.

Of the mares, I have elected to hold back Paddlewheel Thumpin', Fools Gold, Berserker, Badonkadonk, Snow Queen, Rising Sun, Royals, and Truce.

Of the stallions, I'll hold back Year of the Cat (obviously), Go Ask Alice, Mockingbird, and Maverick.

There were some minor changes this time around regarding how I trained/decided on what temperament to compete with them at. After reading h0rsey’s post about range I started being a bit laxer about what local scores the horses got before I started testing in player-made competitions. For the most part, this worked out well. If I noticed that horses were scoring above a certain threshold, I knew they wouldn’t get the best scores and could adjust their temperament.

Another change I’m thinking of is training to 99.8-9 in each skill, that way they don't start competing until they're adults. A recent post by BlackOak reminded me that they aren’t technically fully grown in-game until they’re 5ish, so it would make sense to test them out at that age. In terms of missed breeding time, I usually have enough eligible foals well before the mares age out so missing a year or two of breeding time shouldn’t be an issue (just wait, I’ll get nothing but duds now I’ve said that).

As for next gens goals, similar to last time. Gold balance is required. Green agility is a must-have in colts and a bonus in fillies. ‘Good & strong’ or better for colts, anything positive in fillies. ~55+ balance, ~40+ strength, agility and speed conformations can do whatever they would like.
Eugene
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

Gen 11 has finished competing! You all know the drill, here are their genes and scores compared. Highlighted horses got held back for breeding.

Colts

Fillies

It's a bit hard to look at this time, but generally, there is more green at the top than at the bottom. The 'Olympics' strength comment is becoming more common (60.5 in the Str BR column), though still no green strength! Hopefully in the next few generations that should start happening.

Just one notable horse this generation, Honky Tonk is a mare born with the 'Olympics' strength comment! She didn't throw anything super exciting, but she's proof that higher strength comments are coming.

My goal for this coming generation is to
- find some other studs to breed into the line and bring the COI down
- Be more selective with who gets to breed
- be more selective with which colts I keep especially
Eugene
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

Generation 12 Data

Mares

and stallions

Kuchuk and Big Idea were also held back for breeding, despite not being highlighted.
Aubergine
Visit My Farm

Post by Aubergine »

Whoop it's been a minute! Here is the data from Gen 14.

Fillies

Colts

I've been more selective (primarily due to having less free time) with which foals I keep vs. cull. I'd rather choose from a smaller pool of better horses than need to train and test a bunch of duds. This does have the unfortunate side effect of causing COI to climb higher than it has been. There aren't too many show jumping horses on the market that aren't directly related to this line, but I'll keep looking.

Here's an exciting filly from the upcoming G15. She looks great on paper, but time will tell if that translates to player-made competitions.

.⚝. Gumption
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:54 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:54 am