The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

[E] Breed All Breeds Record [23/328 Complete || 305 To Go!]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 7: Mongolian, Akhal-Teke, West African Barb Progress

Post by EclipticEnd »

Next update:

I bred another Mongolian (colt). I'll be freezing all of my colts for later use once they're breeding age. I think I'll make more Trakehner recipe studs via the mares; I'm not sure what all else uses Mongolians and I'll look it up later.

As well as a surprise Akhal-Teke Filly! I'll be letting her age up before freezing her; I'm not at the moment sure if they're used for anything in particular, but I'll check that later. If nothing pops up then I might sell her. She's got a pretty unique coloring; Silver Red Dun with a Blanket if I remember right. We'll see what happens.

As for my work towards West African Barbs... I read from Silverine's Breeding Guide that Part horses work just the same as half and half, so long as only the one breed is named. I'll be testing that with this group. I've halted breeding any more pairings for this breed, but I've made enough. More than I probably need. :lol:
Silverine's Examples wrote:Arabian X Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
Part-Arabian X Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
Arabian X Part-Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
Part-Arabian X Part-Turkmene CAN produce Akhal-Teke
(Arabian X [Other Breed]) X Turkmene CANNOT produce Akhal-Teke
Arabian X (Turkmene X [Other Breed]) CANNOT produce Akhal-Teke
(Part-Arabian X [Other Breed]) X Turkmene CANNOT produce Akhal-Teke

I have the following Arabian x North African Barbs and Arabian x Part North African Barbs:
-[E] Wild Envy (Filly, 2Y2M, 4*)
-[E] Midnight Dream (Filly, 1Y1.5M, 0*) Not Ideal. Maybe I can balance her stats out with just the right stud? We'll give it a shot.
-[E] Blackened Thorns (Colt, 1Y2.5M, 0*) Not Ideal. Same as above.
-[E] Dazzling Envy (Filly, 2M, 4*)
-E] Kaleidoscope's Teardrop (Colt, 1M, 5*) Ideal!

And the following Forest Horse x North African Barbs:
-[E] Jewel of Nevada (Colt, 2Y5M, 4*)
-[E] Lightshow (Filly, 2Y, 4*)
-[E] Phantom Tears (Colt, 2Y2M, 3*)
-[E] Stars In Opal (Filly, 1Y5M, 5*) Ideal!
-[E] Nebula (Filly, 11.5M, 4*)

I'm very hopeful that Teardrop and Opal will be a good pair. We'll see once they're older! Not sure about Dream and Thorns; worst case scenario they'll produce none and I'll save Thorns for something else.

I think that's all I have to report for now. I'm just waiting for everyone to age up and then trial runs will start. I'm probably going to keep Teardrop and Opal if the WAB quest doesn't mark as complete. Same with any of the others that successfully breed a WAB. It's very exciting! I'll update again when I have more news.

Edit: One of my Mongolians grew up and I've decided to start on Albanians. They're not used to breed another breed, so it's something I can quickly do and then store away or get rid of.

Edit 2: I'm freezing all of these until they're all breeding age. That way I'll better be able to figure out pairs.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 8: Akhal-Teke

Post by EclipticEnd »

Another accidental Teke. Same as the other, I'll probably age her up and either freeze her for breeding things if applicable or sell her. Her mom's one of my favorite Turkmenes whom I'm expecting to retire soon, so I might just keep her for the legacy.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 9: West African Barb Progress

Post by EclipticEnd »

My WAB group are all finally mature, so I've started breeding them. I'm doing two at a time, predictably starting with Opal and Teardrop as a pair and Dazzling and Nevada as another. I'm pretty confident that Opal x Teardrop will be a reliable pair with them both being five stars in eval. Very excited to see the result!

I'm going to make some color predictions for fun:
I think Opal's foal is going to be... a Metallic Silver Dapple Tobiano Dun.
I think Dazzling's foal is going to be... A Silver Bay Minimal Tobiano Dun.
We'll see how close I end up! I should get at least one Dun and I'd be surprised it one of the foals aren't Silver.

Anyway, I need: 1x WAB Stud and 1x WAB Broodmare at the very least. Any extras are bonuses. I figure since I have all of these recipe horses, I'll test them all to see if they'll make a WAB. It's always good to have backups! Plus one WAB might be better evaluated for Baluchi than another, and that's one of my targets since I have a Kathiawari Stud bred already.

As for my Albanian group, I have a Tarpan x Mongolian colt that's going to mature soon; I'll freeze him when he does, along with any others. I've just realized that I've only bred one Turkmene x Mongolian for this group, and it's a colt. I'll have to look into breeding more or else acquiring a filly/mare from the market.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 10: Albanian Progress, Tchenarani

Post by EclipticEnd »

Update: My Albanian recipe horses (colts mainly) have been maturing and I've been moving them to my frozen farm. Still need to get more Arabian x Turkmene fillies.

Also:
I've idly made a Tchenarani filly while working on the "Have a Real Old Horse" Quest. Didn't count for the breeding quest sadly, but I'll keep with them until either my old horse retires or completes the age quest.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 11: Kirgiz, West African Barb Progress, Tchenarani

Post by EclipticEnd »

Quite a surprise! I've accidentally completed the Kirgiz quest while making some Trakehner recipe horses.

Amber is a Buckskin Dun, a welcome change from the nonstop Bay Duns that I've been working with from my Mongolians, even if it's just the difference of a Cream gene. Kirgiz don't make another breed, but they're a name that's always interested me.

Maybe they'll be a future breed that I'll invest in after this. Regardless, I still want a colt and so I'm going to keep my eye on my Trakehner group that's slowly forming, just in case.

============================

Edit, just because I don't want to do another update post already:

Both of my current WAB group mares have popped, but neither were WABs so they were rehomed. Both were Silver Bay Duns with minimal Tobiano. I've re-bred them to their respective studs so we'll see if one's born this next time.

============================

Another edit:

I have another Tchenarani filly. Deadly Riches is soon to pass 28 years of age, but I'm going to keep going until I get a colt so long as she doesn't retire before then.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 12: West African Barb

Post by EclipticEnd »

Big news! A West African Barb colt has finally been produced, unsurprisingly by Opal and Teardrops. He's a Red Dun Tobiano, probably with hidden Silver genes.

He's a colt, which is great and an issue at the same time. I can add him to my stud collection which is a plus, but I need a filly for breeding a Baluchi. An additional issue is that he's only two stars for Baluchi. His height's off, his build is too heavy, and he's a bit too bulky.

This, however, has given me the realization that I actually have no idea if my Kathiawari stud is any good for breeding those as I never checked... So I just did. Luckily he's four stars, just too tall though he hasn't matured into his height completely. He hits just about in the mid-ranges of all of the tests.

The new WAB might not be a good fit for Baluchi, but hopefully a future one might be.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 13: Tchenarani

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've decided to limit updates to one per day, so I'll be editing this one as necessary.

I've finally got a Tchenarani colt. My lovely mare has passed 28 years of age and completed the age quest, and I think I'm going to freeze her in my other account as she's a proven Tchenarani breeder. Eventually that quest will pop up for me, and I'll have her give me one last colt before letting her pass on.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 14: Trakehner, Tchenarani Update, Kirgiz Update

Post by EclipticEnd »

Update for today:

Trakehner filly! Didn't count for the quest, but I have confirmation that I can make them so I'll save that recipe horse for later.

-----------------------------

[E] Frostbite, a Tchenarani Mare, has reached maturity. Maybe I'm biased, but she's quite gorgeous. I do love Duns. :D

I'll be keeping her frozen until further use.

-----------------------------

[E] Amber, my Kirgiz Mare, has also reached maturity and is frozen.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 15: West African Barb

Post by EclipticEnd »

Good news! Another WAB colt has been born, and this one's four stars for Baluchi. This is good, but it means I'd need a Kathiawari mare, and I do not have one. Sounds like I'm going to be producing more of those! I'm going to keep going with WABs as well. There's quite a few breeds that need them as recipe horses, so I figure diversity is important as some might eval better than others.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Note To Self (Just some Java breed analysis)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Quick interruption from the normal stuff with a little reminder post/information storage for myself (and possibly RummyTummy if it helps them). This might be a longer post, so buckle up.

They're working on Javas, which are [NAB x Arabian] x Timor Pony.
They're looking for a suitable NAB x Arabian Mare, so I assume they either have a Timor or are using a Stud Ad one (11 total, only 2 with energy atm). The issue is that NAB x Arabians are difficult to make fit the Java Eval without some veeeery choice breeding.

The Evaluation requirements for Javas are as follows:
Height: 11.0 - 12.1 HH
Build: Medium - Medium Light
Body Size: 30% - 50%
Type: 65% Horse - 60% Pony

The two available Timor studs are:
Stud 1: 4*
Height: 13.1 HH Too tall.
Build: Medium Great!
Body Size: 47% Bulkier than needed!
Type: 58% Pony Type Good, I think?

Stud 2: 5*
Height: 11.0 HH The absolute minimum!
Build: Medium Great!
Body Size: 30% The absolute minimum.
Type: 55% Pony Type Good, I think?

I'll be honest, I'm not too certain how Pony/Horse types work, but I think the lower the percentage for Pony Type, the closer they are to Horse Type (and vice versa). Ergo, to combat the NAB x Arabian Horse type, a larger percentage of Pony Type may be better.

NAB x Arabians tend to be too tall, Very Light, <30% Body Size, and highly Horse Type. At the current moment I only have two that are 2* Evals, and none higher than that. Both, unfortunately, are currently being used for WAB breeding.

As such, I'm looking into possible studs from the Stud Ads as well as Mares in the Market that are either NAB or Arabian in breed. I'm making a list below to reference again later. I'm going for what'll best fit for a possible cross while still being decent in HGP. Expect this post to be edited multiple times as I add to these lists. Note: Not including any horses that're Very Light; they simply won't work for this.

I'm thinking that what I'll end up trying for is two to three stars for eval; four will be difficult, and five near impossible. I think that Height will be doable; match an Arab with a shorter NAB, Build probably won't and will have to be offset by the Timor side simply because NABs and Arabs are both Light, horse-y breeds, Body size might barely be a possibility if I can pair the right two together, and Type is going to be iffy at best because, again, they're both Light, horse-y breeds.

Arabians:
Studs: Note: no longer adding any without two possibly vaguely acceptable Eval stats
-AD | Win-Dixie || 19HH, Light (not Very Light), 23% Body Size, 82% Horse Type || Breed with Short, Medium, Bulkier, less HT
-૨ɱ Shy Début || 18.1HH, Light (not Very Light), 25.5% Body Size, 88% Horse Type || Breed with Short, Medium, Bulkier, less HT
-Sandy Private || 14.1HH, Light (not Very Light), 14.5% Body Size, 84% Horse Type || Breed with slightly shorter, Medium, Bulkier, less HT
-૨ɱ One Big Harbour || 20HH, Light (not Very Light), 20% Body Size, 83% Horse Type || Breed with Short, Medium, Bulkier, less HT
-a8 Just an Angel || 18.2HH, Light (not Very Light), 27.5% Body Size, 89% Horse Type || Breed with Short, Medium, Bulkier, less HT

NABs:
Mares: I'm possibly too picky with these as I'm trying to keep a higher HGP; maybe check again if this list doesn't work out
-Champagne Ace || 44.55% Size and 77% HT, but Newborn. Probably too tall as well; looking for short to balance out the Arabians.
-Clinking Winter || Medium Light (!!!) and 69% HT, but probably too tall and too small according to size. Also only 1 month old.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:23 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:23 pm