The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

[E] Breed All Breeds Record [23/328 Complete || 305 To Go!]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 44: Latvian Harness Horse

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've bred a Latvian! I've been working on that for a while now with the RBRC. The breed isn't in my quests so I will have to revisit it in the future, but breeding a sub-100 population breed is always a fun accomplishment.

I'll be keeping her in order to breed more Latvians for the RBRC. They'll then be distributed to members, and extras will be offered to the public.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 45: Sorraia

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've got my first Sorraia! He's a Bay Dun colt. Hopefully he'll be the first of a few; at the very least I'd like a filly to breed to him because my planned Minis will use Sorrias in multiple breeds. I'll update this post with any new additions that I might get before my next breed.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 46: Carthusian

Post by EclipticEnd »

Here she is! I've started working on a small variety of breeds now that I can really focus on the Miniature line. Sure, she doesn't have the best HGP, but I'm not too focused on that for these Carthusians and I'll take what I can get. Breed improvement can always happen in the future.

Carthusians are used exclusively to breed Andalusians. That's not really needed since I found some up for sale, but they're good to have just in case the group that I have don't get the job done. I'll probably breed for a colt and call these guys done for now. Any fillies are going to be sold or will replace this one if they're better in HGP, so if you're interested then let me know.

After these I'll be working on Garranos.

I sadly haven't had any luck breeding more Sorraia, probably because my recipe mares just aren't that great compared to their male counterparts. That's alright, though, because I found some up for sale that I've started breeding with my colt. I'm not looking to breed everything from scratch when it comes to the Miniatures because I know I'll have to redo them in the future; they're not part of my current quests. That's fine, though! It gives me the opportunity to improve.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 47: Garrano: In Progress

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've started taking more turns and I'm now working on the Garrano breed. That is Sorraia X [Arabian X Sorraia]. I already have some Arabian X Sorraia crosses. I'm going to be breeding them together to get a better evaluation. I have a 5* Sorraia that I'll probably end up freezing for this as she's getting very old.

I've also been making Andalusian X Arabian crosses in preparation for Criollos which will be the next step; I'm working on making those better as well.

Not much else to report right now.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 48: Garrano

Post by EclipticEnd »

We've got our first Garrano. She's not the best HGP, certainly, but I'm changing my efforts to instead breed the breeds and then increase HGP on the ones that I'm using for things. The 44k HGP therefore isn't an issue as it'll be improved in the final breed that I'm working towards.

Still working on Criollos.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 49: Criollo

Post by EclipticEnd »

First Criollo has been bred! She was a bit of a surprise; I wasn't expecting to get one from that pairing and was moreso just giving it a test to see how close my stock were to producing one. I suppose I got my answer!

It looks like I'll be continuing that pairing. Maybe I'll get a colt as well? If so then I won't really need all of the other horses that I've been improving evaluations on. So be it if that's the case.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 50: Falabella

Post by EclipticEnd »

First Fal!

One of hopefully many. She's at 57,247 HGP, Apricot coat with dark eyes.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 51: Miniature

Post by EclipticEnd »

Here's the first Miniature foal!

Not too bad. 61,317 HGP, Pearl coat with Tobiano and Tiger Eye. Pretty happy with that!

I'll be freezing him once he's adult.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:15 pm