The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

[E] Breed All Breeds Record [23/328 Complete || 305 To Go!]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 21: Current Progress and Roadmap, Kathiawari, Altai, Baladi

Post by EclipticEnd »

Progress and roadmap time!

I have currently completed 8 of 328 breeds quests, all of which are noted on the main post. I've still got a long road ahead of me.

For those who might be wondering what I mean when I say when the quest appears or the horse didn't count when talking about breeds, there's 328 total breed quests (not counting the AC breed ones). Only a small fraction show up under player quests at a time because 328 quests would completely fill up the screen, so you have to make room in order for more to pop up. If that quest isn't showing when you make a breed, then the breed won't count to the quest. As such, you have to be watchful as to what you're making, or you'll have to redo a lot of breeds.

Since I'm making things in the rather nonsensical way of whatever grabs my attention in my quests, I'm going to be redoing multiple breeds when the quests pop up. I'm alright with that, though. For those of you who want to be efficient and/or make all of the breeds without using public horses, Silverine's Guide has things in good order for that. Even if you're going about it like I am, I recommend bookmarking their guide as it's great for seeing what horses make what breed, what breeds make no other breeds, etc.

Now for my roadmap: Kathiawari make Baluchi, Marwari, and Indianbred.

Now that I have Kathiawari and West African Barb mares, I'm going to start on the Baluchi (Kathiawari x West African Barb). Baluchi only make Baluchi, so I'm going to make a colt and a filly and sell any extras. They'll complete the Baluchi quest and I'll be able to move on.

Marwari are on my current quest list, and Indianbred isn't. As such, I expect I'll move on to Marwari after Baluchi. Marwari are also the end of their line, so I'll be doing the same as the Baluchi; getting a pair, completing the quest, selling any extras, and moving on. I'll have to check if Indianbred are in my quest list at that point; if they aren't then I'll be freezing my Kathiawari horses until that breed pops up.

I'm going to continue trying for Albanians until my broodmares retire or hit 30 years of age. If I still don't have one at that point then I'll scrap that breed for now and work on something else. Albanians are the end of their line anyway, so I don't need to hurry and make some to make something else. I'm pretty sure my current mares just simply aren't well suited enough for the breed, and I have no problem with trying again some other time with a better base.

After Baluchi, Marwari, and (maybe) Albanians, I'll go back to West African Barb breeds.
WABs make the following breeds:
Baluchi, Choctaw Indian Horse (Line End), Deli (Line End), Pinia (Line End), Lusitano (Line End), Nigerian, Bhutia, Sorraia, Carthusian, Andalusian, Navarrin Horse, Spanish Barb

Baluchi will be done of course. Deli, Nigerian, and Sorraia are on my current quest list, so they'll be next in no particular order; I'll have to see what horses I have that eval to those when the time comes.

Deli: Caspian X [Arabian X West African Barb]
Nigerian: West African Barb X [Arabian X West African Barb]
Sorraia: [Tarpan X Mongolian] X [Tarpan X West African Barb]

I don't want to go too much further in planning past that; I'm not sure what quests will pop up next as others are completed. My rough roadmap is as follows:

To Do:
-Baluchi
-Marwari (Done with Kathiawari after this stage)
-Deli (Continue with West African Barb breeds)
-Nigerian
-Sorraia
-???

=====================================

I've finally bred a Kathiawari filly myself! That was a painfully long grind. She's lovely, though, with a great blanket and white front legs; she might offer good tobiano patterning with the right stud.

Also, another Altai filly! While I was hoping for a colt, I'm not gonna say no to her. She's a lovely Red Dun Snowcap.

And another Baladi filly. I'm really trying for a colt, but that's alright. Might make breeding other things go faster when the quests appear.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Buyer's Interest

Post by EclipticEnd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: thankyou so much if there's anything i can ever do for you let me know :D
Your Tchenarani filly has been born
Your Kirgiz colt is breeding age. He's a beauty, too! A lovely Sooty Dunliano. I have him frozen and up for offers for you. Your Tchenarani colt will be up soon as well. They'll both be $1.

Edit: He's also up for offers now.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote: -
You'll have to free up a spot; you have too many horses for me to transfer the Tchenarani colt.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
You'll have to free up a spot; you have too many horses for me to transfer the Tchenarani colt.
OK one sec
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
I have room now :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:
I have room now :D
Sorry, got distracted. He's transferred.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: I have room now :D
Sorry, got distracted. He's transferred.
Thank you so much :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 22: Kathiawari, Baluchi Progress, Altai

Post by EclipticEnd »

Another Kathiawari filly! Her dam is now frozen; I'm trying not to make more Kathiawaris, so I'm going to freeze my Baladis as they pop.

============================================

Progress on Baluchi: the fabulous Kathiawari from Gabby has reached breeding age and has been bred with my West African Barb. With luck a Baluchi will be born soon!

============================================

Another Altai filly. If only I'd had this filly luck with my West African Barbs, I might've already been done with the Baluchi breed by now!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 23: Baluchi, Baladi, Space Issue

Post by EclipticEnd »

Meet my first Baluchi, a gorgeous little colt. First try! Quest complete and I have a stud! I'll keep going for a filly (won't say no to more colts though). It is undeniably satisfying when things work out quickly.

==========================

Also, I finally have a Baladi colt. I can now stop making those!

==========================

And I've now come across an issue. With all of my old project horses taking up a lot of room, I don't have room for other horses in my secondary farm. I'm going to have to thin things out, as my next upgrade on that account will take an entire 21 days to complete, and I can't start it until tomorrow.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Note To Others

Post by EclipticEnd »

If you're also doing this challenge, regardless if you're documenting it like I am, then well done! It's an ambitious challenge, but also a rewarding one.

If you find yourself stuck on anything, or might want to borrow/buy a horse because you're having a terribly difficult time on any of the breeds (including those I haven't done), you're welcome to come by and ask! I'm all for supporting the community, as well as bringing the interest of other breeds back up.

I might not have the exact recipe horses for whatever breed you're working on, but I might be able to either breed one or find a stud and offer advice. You're also welcome to check my farms for any that might evaluate well to your breed, but note that some of my horses are very dear to me and won't be loaned out.

That being said, I'd love to help if you need it, or I'm happy to chat about it!

Good luck and Happy Breeding!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:13 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:13 pm