The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

[E] Breed All Breeds Record [23/328 Complete || 305 To Go!]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Auction Notice (July 13, 2022)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hello, everyone who might be following this!

I'm putting some of these horses up for auction in a big farm-clearing sale. I've run out of room in my other farm and I desperately need the room back, as my next skill takes 21 days to unlock. Until I get more room to freeze horses as necessary, I'll have to pause.

I know that I'll have a Baladi or two up, along with a Tchenarani, Altai, and more!

Sales support this project by opening room for me to freeze horses along with funding future acquisitions to further my progress.

Pop by and check it out?

Link to sale: Click Here
Gabby Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Re: [E] Breed All Breeds Record

Post by Gabby Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:Ping :D
Just just back online to read your posts, and you are very welcome about selling you that mare! I remember putting her up bc I didn't need her anymore, then almost immediately I got an offer and was so excited!

I've been breeding Kathiawaris for a while now, so if you see one you like, lmk and its yours!

-Gabbs
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: [E] Breed All Breeds Record

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby Woodlark wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:Ping :D
Just just back online to read your posts, and you are very welcome about selling you that mare! I remember putting her up bc I didn't need her anymore, then almost immediately I got an offer and was so excited!

I've been breeding Kathiawaris for a while now, so if you see one you like, lmk and its yours!

-Gabbs
Will do!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 24: Baluchi, Altai

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've cleared just enough room in my farm to keep going, but I'll keep selling horses until all that're on my list on my sales post are gone or, failing that, rehomed.

Surprise surprise, my first turn gave me a lovely little Baluchi filly; exactly what I wanted! Any extra Baluchi that I get will be sold.

With Baluchi officially done, my next breed is Marwari. Marwari are Kathiawari X [Arabian X Turkmene]. I'll be checking the public studs for a suitable Arabian X Turkmene, and if there's not one that's three stars for eval then I'll look into making my own.

========================================================

I've finally bred an Altai colt, so I'm officially done with Altai!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Buyer's Interest

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote: -
Your Tchenarani Mare is now mature and up for offers. Sorry for the wait; I took a break while trying to make room in my other farm. She's going to be $1.5k (stud fee of the sire) + $500 (to cover feed while aging). The total is $2000.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Re: Buyer's Interest

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: -
Your Tchenarani Mare is now mature and up for offers. Sorry for the wait; I took a break while trying to make room in my other farm. She's going to be $1.5k (stud fee of the sire) + $500 (to cover feed while aging). The total is $2000.
Thank you so much
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 25: 2x Marwari, Abyssinian, Contest Announcement

Post by EclipticEnd »

First Marwari! A Cremello colt has been born. I'm going to keep breeding them until I get a filly.

Update: another Marwari colt. This one's Silver Bay with a Blanket. I'll probably sell one of these two since I don't need two studs and they make no other breeds.

Aaaaand finally a Marwari Filly. Marwari are officially complete! I'm now moving on to Deli!

==========================================

New Abyssinian filly. I was trying for a colt, but I actually don't have a mare saved I don't think, so this works out. She's got a gorgeous pattern, too!

It has in fact occurred to me that keeping a Stud and Mare is going to be a total of 656 horses, which is an absolutely insane number. I figure that I'll figure that issue out as I go; maybe I'll donate some of my breeds to people who are looking to improve and repopulate them?

==========================================

Also, a contest! After I finish these Marwari, I'm going to work on Deli. The contest is a guessing game as to when the first Deli foal will be born. Bonuses for everyone who gets the color right, too! There's a variety of prizes to choose from.

Contest Here.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Plan for Delis

Post by EclipticEnd »

Deli: Caspian X [Arabian X West African Barb]

My most suited WAB is [E] Opal's Teardrop at a 3* Eval. All of my other WABs are 2*. The issue seems to be Height, Body Size, and Type.

The ideal stats for Deli:
Height = 12.0 to 13.2 hh
Build = Light to Medium
Body Size = 10% to 30%
Type = 75% Horse to 55% Pony

My WABs' stats:
[E] Opal's Teardrop ♂
Height = 14.2hh || Build = Medium Light || Body size = 39.5% || Type = 70% Horse
[E] Glimmering Desert ♂
Height = 14.1hh || Build = Light || Body size = 49% || Type = 77% Horse
[E] Kaleidosope's Stars ♂
Height = 14.1hh || Build = Light || Body size = 35% || Type = 80% Horse
[E] Drop of Starlight ♀
Height = 14.1hh || Build = Light || Body size = 35.1% || Type = 83% Horse

I think I'm going to run an issue with Build; Light + Light tends to equal Very Light. Arabians very often tend to be Light or Very Light, hence the issue. I'll have to check the Public Studs and see if there's a heavier WAB that I can breed Starlight with to try for a heavier WAB for this project.

I don't yet have a list of Arabians or Caspians. Teardrop is a Stud, so I'll have to use an Arabian Mare. I have one or two; hopefully they Eval well for this, but I have a feeling that they won't. Most of the Arabians I'll find will probably be too tall (around 18hh), Light/Very Light, 5%-20% Body size, and 80%+ Horse type. My Arabian mare, as expected, is an N/A eval. I'll have to look in the market for any that might be good in even just one category.

Looking at the current public WAB studs, the only one at a 3* eval is Sage. I'll probably avoid the public WAB studs for this breed simply because they're no better than my own.

I've found some 4* eval Caspians, though the current public studs of that breed are pretty much completely below 37k HGP.

There are five WAB X Arabian public studs currently. Only one is a 3* eval; if needs must then I can fall back to getting a Caspian mare and trying from him.

Current plan: Find a suitable set of Arabian broods and start trying for some Arabian X WAB horses. Maybe I can locate some Part Arabians with heavier builds; I've been looking for those anyway.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Hiatus, Sort Of

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've put out an ad for heavier Arabians as that's gonna be an issue with multiple breeds (including Deli which is my current one). I've also taken to trying to make some myself; we'll see how that goes.

Until then I probably won't be working on a breed in particular unless I find a relatively easy one, so there'll be a pause in updates until I have the Arabian issue sorted.

Maybe Bataks? They're not used for another breed, so they're a quick one and done sort of thing.

Batak: Mongolian X [Caspian X Arabian]
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 26: Batak, News, Abyssinian

Post by EclipticEnd »

First Batak has been born; he's a colt.

==========================

I sadly haven't gotten any offers for the heavier Arabians I need, so I've started making them myself. It's going to be a long process, I think. I have one Arabian X Shetland that's a 5* Deli, but unfortunately won't work for breeding yet because of the Shetland status in their breed. It's very much a work in progress and I'm expecting it to take multiple times of breeding to pure then cross breeding, then breeding to pure again to get body types to stick.

I'm going to keep with Bataks until I get a mare, and then swap to another easy breed. Delis remain on hold.

==========================

FINALLY! An Abyssinian colt has been born. That marks Abyssinian gold star complete. With that done I open a slot for making Obs.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am