The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

[E] Breed All Breeds Record [23/328 Complete || 305 To Go!]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Re: [E] Breed All Breeds Record [10/328 Complete]

Post by Hilayla »

I have this mare sitting on my side who's 4* for Deliboz. You can have her if you think she'll help. She's pregnant but I don't care about the foal either.

EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: [E] Breed All Breeds Record [10/328 Complete]

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hilayla wrote:I have this mare sitting on my side who's 4* for Deliboz. You can have her if you think she'll help. She's pregnant but I don't care about the foal either.

Thanks for the offer! I think I'll do Deliboz at some point after Deli and Nigerians, though, so I don't need her at the moment. I appreciate the offer regardless.
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Re: [E] Breed All Breeds Record [11/328 Complete]

Post by Hilayla »

Oh, haha, I didn't even realize they were different breeds. I thought Deli was short for Deliboz. :D
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyTummy »

Hilayla wrote:Oh, haha, I didn't even realize they were different breeds. I thought Deli was short for Deliboz. :D
Same!!!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

RummyTummy wrote:
Hilayla wrote:Oh, haha, I didn't even realize they were different breeds. I thought Deli was short for Deliboz. :D
Same!!!
I figured that was the case. I didn't realize Deli were an actual breed and not just Deliboz either until I started looking through West African Barb uses. :lol:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 27: Heavier Arabians, Better Mongolians, Exmoor Complete

Post by EclipticEnd »

Update time! I've made a 4* Arabian for Delis. He's between 12-13hh, Medium Light, and Pony Type instead of Horse Type.

I'm going to repeat his parents and see if I can't get a mare as well, but it's wonderful progress! I have a feeling he'll be useful for other breeds as well. I'll probably put him up for public usage once I'm done with him.

==================================================

I've also been working on improved Tarpans that're more situated for Mongolians. I'm proud to announce that I have a 4* stud and a 5* mare for Mongolian. Both are above 40k HGP as well, and I'm hoping that they, paired with my high HGP Prze that I bought a while ago, will make some 40,000-50,000 HGP Mongolians.

==================================================

Speaking of Mongolians, I tried breeding my 5* eval with my 5* eval Prze, hoping to get started on more of those... And I accidentally completed the Exmoor Pony quest instead. I'm fine with this as they make more than a few breeds, but it was certainly a surprise; I didn't even know that Exmoor had finally appeared for me!

I went ahead and popped a gold star on the breed. I'm hopeful that with the two studs and a mare, I won't need to make more. They might unintentionally happen because they're apparently Tarpan x Prze and that's a recipe horse, but I won't be intending to make more.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 28: Current Deli Plan, Batak

Post by EclipticEnd »

I'll be using my 4* Arabian. He's male, so I'll have to use my 2* West African Barb mare; I don't have any other mares of that breed at this moment, so we'll just have to hope that they make something good.

The last component is a Caspian, either a Mare or Stallion. My two male candidates are 4*, 36,515 and 3*, 38,738 depending on what I can get away with. Unfortunately, I didn't find any public Caspians that evaluated at 3* or higher with an HGP above 38,738, so I'm going to be leaning heavily on the Arabian and WAB side to offer up some HGP for these foals.

I don't yet have any Caspian mares picked out. If someone reading this has any that eval well and are decent HGP (above 35k, preferably above 40k but I'm thinking that might be rare), then I would love to either loan them from you or buy them from you.

Edit: I've started breeding Arabian X WABs, we'll see what we end up with and go from there.

======================================

Also, Batak is gold-star complete! I got a filly, which means I've fulfilled my pair requirements.

======================================

I've decided to start putting out feelers for potential buyers for these rare breeds; I've realized I really have no use for them and I don't necessarily want my other account full of them to where I can't freeze anything else.

If you're reading about this and are wanting any breed in particular, regardless if I've done it or not, please let me know. I already have a person for Tibetans, Chinese Ponies, and Manipuris.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 29: Breeding again!

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've taken my lovely break from breeding and I think I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

Deli's will be started on the 3rd because I have a contest going for those. You can check my main log for the link, or find it in the Contest forum.

Obs are a thing that I am going to be starting today if I can. Obs are Przewalski Horse X Forest Horse. I have a Prze stud, but I'm not sure if he's a good eval. I'll have to look. If he's not then I'll check public studs for both Prze and Forest horses to see which has a better candidate. I'll then adopt the missing horse of the equation and get started.
Przewalski Stud = 2*, 55,689 HGP
Not the best, sadly. I'll have to peek through the public listings for alternatives.
Edit: More horses have been acquired for this specific breed and public studs have been located.

Also, Chinese Ponies! This is for you, Hilayla! And also because they are indeed in my list of current quests. The Chinese Pony is made by Przewalski Horse X Mongolian. I have both of those; we'll see if any eval well and I'll start that.
Mongolian Mare 1 = 5*, 39,170 HGP
Mongolian Mare 2 = 5*, 49,092 HGP
Mongolian Mare 3 = 5*, 46,703 HGP
Mongolian Stud = 3*, 49,745 HGP
Przewalski Stud = 5*, 55,689 HGP
Looks like I have some matches! Very exciting; they're decent HGP as well!
Chinese Ponies are used for Sumbas and Tibetans, so it'll be two more breeds before I can pass these guys off. We'll see what happens.

Lastly: the Crummy Horse quest. I happened to snatch one up in the market from Hidalgo which I'll be using for this. I'm using public studs as well. I'm hoping that I manage to get a low enough HGP before the mare retires, else I'll have to start from scratch. Challenge accepted!

(Currently editing this to add links and such, just a heads up)
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Update 30: Ob, Starting Bosnian Ponies

Post by EclipticEnd »

An Ob filly has been born! She's completed the Ob breeding quest. I'm going to get a colt and then both will be for sale.

Edit: I now have an Ob colt. I'm going to be putting both up for sale.

=========================================

With Ob done I'm moving on to:

Bosnian Pony: [North African Barb X Tarpan] X [Przewalski Horse X Tarpan]

3* Prze X Tarpan Colt
3* Prze X Tarpan Mare
3* Tarpan Mare
4* NAB Mare
3* NAB Mare
(I'll have to look through them one more time; I'm a bit busy and I think I missed some)

Not the most amazing evals, but hopefully I can get something from them.
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Re: Update 29: Breeding again!

Post by Hilayla »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Lastly: the Crummy Horse quest. I happened to snatch one up in the market from Hidalgo which I'll be using for this. I'm using public studs as well. I'm hoping that I manage to get a low enough HGP before the mare retires, else I'll have to start from scratch. Challenge accepted!

(Currently editing this to add links and such, just a heads up)
I'm not sure how low your gp is. I've been working on this as well. and have a guy that's 12 something HGP. I can put him up for stud or I might have something to maybe replace your mare. I tend to rehome anything that hits 13 right now so if you lose your mare or anything, I'll help out. In fact on my side I think I have sent some I'm not using as well.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm