The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Historical Logs

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Historical Logs

Post by Hawkeye »

This old Thread was used for my breeding projects at the time i was working with Belgians, Spanish Barbs and Grade Horses. Now i will post only at my main farm log

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after plaing this game for a looong time, years worth of hiatus and no clear interest in mind, i've decided to stay working on funny random projects of my interest, and upload my progress on this log.

I have several projects going on in parallel and i will list all of them and the goals i've met already.
GRADE HORSES
There is a type of horse i really like. A good mixture of draft and riding, the jack-of-all-trades farm horse! Since im not invested on a particular breed, i've decided to achieve this specific conformation through the grade horse. Im not sure on the specific numbers yet, so at the beginning i will just evaluate them as forest horses. The tobiano markings and seal brown coat is another aspect that i'm developing. These are my goals:
  • *Have a herd of grade horses with tobiano markings
    *GP 50k or higher
    *All mares must be Seal Brown Tobiano
    *Breed a 60kGP colt - i've just achieved this! His name is All Star:
  • *All mares must have at least GP 55k now
    *Get rid of the Feathers - What can i say i don't like them!
    *Get closer to the 5* Forest Horse Evaluation
Once i've achieved all of these goals i will reevaluate my progress and see what should i do next, but will probably be stuff on the sort of:
  • *Keep growing the COI
    *Keep growing GP
    *All good report - Still get some bad strenght reports, a draft horse can't have that!
CHESTNUT TOBIANO BELGIANS
Thats literally it. Just chestnut belgians with tobiano Markings. Since part of my deal is doing stuff on my own, i will start doing the same idea as i did to the grade horses to get the tobiano makings. Only ever breed a no tobiano horse with a tobiano horse in which both parents are also tobiano. For that reason i've decided to use Mister Marshmallow over here:

I think he is pretty handsome and quite what im looking for in my belgian bloodline. With him i will breed a herd of half belgian mares (and maybe a quarter of belgian mares as well?) My goal is just have a something% tobiano belgian pop out. So this is what im doing:
  • * Have a herd of half belgian mares
    * Have a couple of half belgian colts
    * Breed my half belgian mares with Mister Marshmallow and se if i can get a tobiano foal
SPANISH BARB
I'm from northeast Brazil - that's where 'Leão do Norte' comes from. A local horse breed here is the Nordestino, and i need Spanish Barbs to breed Nordestinos. I don't know if i actually WANT to breed Nordestinos, but for now i've noticed the market for Spanish Barbs is poor - i don't like how they all are Dun, and there's almost never a choice at the market - I find that to be weird since its a recipe for so many popular breeds, so i've decided to built a herd of my own! Its simple really:
  • *Have a herd of purebred Spanish Barbs
    *Introduce the Tiger eye - Again, just for fun
    *breed out the dun color
CASPIAN
Now thats the funny one. I've got a bunch of Caspians from the Adoption Centre, and i will see how far i can go just by breeding Adoption Centre Caspians - speaking of which i might buy any AC Caspians that have some interesting aspect for my current goals:
  • *No reds herd
    *Have at least 1 horse with positive stats on Strenght, Stamina, Mov or Tempo - They're all bad how come?
    * 35k or higher herd
Last edited by Hawkeye on Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Re: Leão do Norte - Grade Horses and more farm log

Post by Hawkeye »

HALL OF FAME #1
Miúki - Belgian x FH Mare
Dama de Ouro - Grade Horse Mare
Alecrim - Grade Horse Stallion. He's stunning
LN All Star - Grade Horse Stallion. He's not only beautiful but my 1st 60k GP colt.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Update #1

Post by Hawkeye »

GRADE HORSES
Not much happened for now. The list looks like this:
  • Have a herd of grade horses with tobiano markings
    GP 50k or higher
    All mares must be Seal Brown Tobiano
    Breed a 60kGP colt
    All mares must have at least GP 55k now
    Get rid of the Feathers
    Get closer to the 5* Forest Horse Evaluation
About the 5* Forest Horse confo: Its getting a bit trickier to do so, and im considering changing the breed altogether already. I think they should be bulkier than Forest Horse.
CHESTNUT TOBIANO BELGIANS
Sooo... Im thinking about just tobiano belgians right now. They could be red dun, brown dun, chestnut or seal brown. But they also must have tiger eye! The old list looks like this:
  • Have a herd of half belgian mares
    Have a couple of half belgian colts
    Breed my half belgian mares with Mister Marshmallow and se if i can get a tobiano foal
The new list is:
  • Herd of 4* and 5* Belgians
    All good breeders report
    Get the belgian percentage growing
SPANISH BARB
  • Have a herd of purebred Spanish Barbs
    Introduce the Tiger eye
    breed out the dun color
CASPIAN
  • No reds herd
    Have at least 1 horse with positive stats on Strenght, Stamina, Mov or Tempo:
    AVARAGE STAMINA : Hereditary Hope
    AVARAGE TEMPO: Caspian Rosalind
    AVARAGE MOVEMENT: Framboesa
    35k or higher herd - almost there!
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Post by Hawkeye »

Its been a while, and a lot has changed.
GRADE HORSES
The new breed standard will be the Norman Cob. In real life they seem like a good example of what i want. A horse that can be both ridden and used as light draft/carriage. I was dissatisfied with all colts born from All Star, the only one i've kept is LN Golias who's way too big. All my mares are too big as well, and their fillies, so that's a problem. I've decided its time to bring outside genetics and found a stallion in the market to breed. I've bred him with 3 of my mares and i'll post the result later on.
BELGIANS
Got bored with that, so i've dismantled the whole operation. Surprisingly, the Caspians are way more fun.
SPANISH BARBS
Its going well. Honestly there is not much else to it. Im slowly approaching the purebred, trying to learn from my mistakes with the Grade Horses and keeping more than one stallion. Im also taking my time to be sure all horses are at least 4* Spanish Barbs and subjectively pretty as well. Im really proud of my current pool of Stallions. My youngest one, SB Castelo, has a good report and 50k+GP, pretty color and appearence, if not for the neck. I think its too long. And my two older ones, SB Vermelho and SB Majestic really look the way i expect my Spanish Barbs to look like. Vermelho has a bit of too long neck as well, but Majestic just looks perfect to me (hence the name!)
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Those Spanish boys are lookin' good. Nice job!
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Coming back

Post by Hawkeye »

So, i've dropped the game and will keep doing so, but for now im interested is coming back to it. I will get rid of my Grade horses project and focus on my Caspian and Spanish Barbs.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Caspians Update

Post by Hawkeye »

I was checking on my herd and trying to remember where i was. I've identified 5 promising foals to develop by Caspian bloodline. I've named all of them and won't be breeding any of their mothers anymore. I'm actually selling them (for a dollar) if anyone's interested. Game economy is kinda broke so money is meaningless for my project.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

Hall of Fame #2 and great achievements

Post by Hawkeye »

SPANISH BARBS

It's time to celebrate!

My plans and machinations have come to fruition. Not only i've got my first generation of Purebred Spanish Barbs, but they are conforming to my personal standards. Here they are:
Now i will be slowly developing this lineage. Including:

- Adjusting them to be 5* Spanish Barb
- Fixing the Tiger Eye throughout the bloodline
- Develop HGP
- Selling purebred mares, stallions and foals
- Put stallions for stud.

CASPIANS

About my Caspians. Im still trying to keep the bloodline completely separated from the "rest of the game" that is, only using sires and dams from the adoption center. However, im interest in exploring this aspect of playing with genetics that so unique to this game, therefore, im adopting some Shetland and Tarpan stallions that carries the spotted gene, and im making cool spotted Caspians! Yay! So yeah, thats it.

HALL OF FAME #2

Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

The Return

Post by Hawkeye »

A lot happened since my last log. At that time i was getting quite invested with the Caspians and entered a breeding project that combined precisely what i was looking for. I will be doing updates both here and there from now on (link is here!). I've also bred some Nordestinos and gotten obsessed, completely abandoning my Belgian and Spanish Barbs. One last thing is that i've adopted some Tarpan from AC and tried to get a leopard/near leopard Tarpan, but i think there isn't the gene in my herd (?), i just don't know if any progress will come... I'm actually thinking about dropping that altogether. If someone ever managed to get a leopard horse from blanket/snowcap horses please tell me how to do it i've never seen it before!. So anyways, next i will be posting a separate log for each breed and keep editing it as i go along.
Hawkeye
Visit My Farm

CASPIANS

Post by Hawkeye »

Ancestral Caspians
This is my main post to update my Caspian breeding project. My current requirement are as follows:

Colors: Grey on black, brown or flaxen chestnut - No dun gene!
Size: 11.0hh to 12.3hh
Starter Horses:

Horses from AC that i've used to develop this breeding project:

Stallions
1. Ancestral Sorcerer
2. Ancestral Blondie

Mares:
1. Ancestral Rose
2. Ancestral Midnight
3. Ancestral Coffeebean
Milestones:
40,000HGP horse: Gold Promise
45,000HGP horse: Midnight Lullaby
50,000HGP horse
55,000HGP horse
60,000HGP horse
65,000HGP horse

100% Caspian with gray gene: Sweet Marshmallow

First green Agillity: Midnight Conquer
First gold Agillity:
Farm Logs
02/06/2023: Official post published. More achievements and details will be added.
03/06/2023: First Gray 100% Caspian
07/06/2023: First 40,000 HGP Caspian
18/08/2023: First 45,000 HGP Caspian
20/08/2023: First green agillity Caspian
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 am