The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

SolarSolstice Master Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: SolarSolstice Master Log

Post by EclipticEnd »

Some notes to self:

For the RBRC, I want to make better Arabian x Forest Horse [50%] recipe horses. I'll be evaluating for Dole Gs and I'm looking to make a couple of 4* mares at the least, with the missing factor being [Height = too short] to balance my Thoroughbred x Friesian [50%] colts which are 4* yet too tall.

I'm not going to worry about COI; obviously the less the better, but in this case I'm pretty sure that most of these horses aren't very low to begin with. I'm going to attempt to keep as high of an HGP as I can, not that their current HGPs are amazing.

Twilight (Mare) has made one Dole but isn't ideal. While I can blindly hope that another'll appear, I'd rather get better horses to get faster results in the future.

I have two FA colts at the moment.
Heart
---❌ 16 (14-15.1) ||❌ ML (ML-MH) ||❌ 78 (45-65) ||❌ 76h (60h-60p)
---HGP = 50,146
Breeze
---❌ 12.3 (14-15.1) ||⭐ MH (ML-MH) ||❌ 37 (45-65) ||❌ 69p (60h-60p)
---HGP = 46,237

I have six FA mares at the moment.
Beauty
---❌ 17.1 (14-15.1) ||⭐ M (ML-MH) ||❌ 31.05 (45-65) ||❌ 67p (60h-60p)
---HGP = 46,566
Twilight
---❌12.2 (14-15.1) ||⭐ M (ML-MH) ||❌ 23.4 (45-65) ||❌ 62p (60h-60p)
---HGP = 50,872
Magic
---❌ 15.1 (14-15.1) ||⭐ ML (ML-MH) ||❌ 74.25 (45-65) ||❌ 67h (60h-60p)
---HGP = 49,717
Whispers
---❌ 15 (14-15.1) ||❌ MH (ML-MH) ||❌ 35.55 (45-65) ||❌ 80p (60h-60p)
---HGP = 40,833
Seafoam
---❌15.3 (14-15.1) ||⭐ M (ML-MH) ||❌ 27.45 (45-65) ||❌ 66p (60h-60p)
---HGP = 51,185
Jingle
---❌15.3 (14-15.1) ||❌ MH (ML-MH) ||❌ 33.3 (45-65) ||❌ 75p (60h-60p)
---HGP = 48,901

The overall issue is mostly Size and Type. Size is either under or over, and type is usually too high in Pony. While this is useful for balancing the Horse type of Friesian x Thoroughbreds, I have two that are in the green for Type and so it's more of a detriment.

I imagine that I'll be using Magic with public studs due to her high Type value; Arabians are usually way low in that category and I imagine public studs will therefore be majority below as a result. I think I'll try to breed Heart to the other mares and see how that goes? I could very well get some issues in the Build category, but it's worth a shot. Whispers might be a decent match with Heart, though the resulting foals might be a bit tall.

There's not much in the way of public studs intended for Doles. I've found three studs with energy that have a 2* rating and that's it. Of them, this one's probably the best. I'm not willing to pay that fee for this, though, as the result isn't guaranteed to be useful. It looks like I'll be using my own stock as well as I can.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Other news!

I've been working on the Crummy Horse Quest while waiting on things to age out. So far my lowest HGP is at 10,553!

I'm very curious as to what the lowest that anyone's gotten to is; I think I read at one point that this quest seems like it can't be done, but it's possibly been assured that it can be? I feel like I'm making decent progress, and insofar it seems possible. The quest specifies that the horse may be 10,000 HGP max, which is only 553 HGP away! I've got that filly as well as a colt that're both under 11k, so maybe those two can whittle down the difference even more.

I'm going to keep working on it; we'll see where things go! Assuming I can get below 10k I might farm quite a few foals to send out to help other players. I'd also like to set up a public stud at that point. Progress should be encouraged, I think, and it's always worth trying to test where the boundary lines are (within reason).
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Some updates:

I've since made multiple Doles. I've added them to my All Breeds log for anyone curious as to what they look like.

I've managed to transfer my first generation of Tarpans and Grade Horses to my freeze account. I'll be leaving them there until I can get premium so that I can start with Confo things. One year is 5000 PT, which is a lot. I'm currently at around 700, so I'm getting there very slowly.

I'm also making more Heavy/Pony Arabians so that I can have two similar but unrelated horses; this'll help add genetic diversity in future breeds.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

EclipticEnd wrote:One year is 5000 PT, which is a lot.
Hey, Ecliptic!
There is no difference in the discount between the 6 month subscription (2500 PT) and the 1 year subscription (5K PT). I'm not entirely certain if you were aware of this, but now you know! You're about a third of the way to a 6 month subscription.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:One year is 5000 PT, which is a lot.
Hey, Ecliptic!
There is no difference in the discount between the 6 month subscription (2500 PT) and the 1 year subscription (5K PT). I'm not entirely certain if you were aware of this, but now you know! You're about a third of the way to a 6 month subscription.
That's very true! I'll have to keep that in mind.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Another update on how things're going!

RBRC: I think we've completed Dole G.s off the checklist. I've personally contributed 3 fillies and 1 colt. I think the endgame for what we're currently working on will be Latvian Harness Horses since there's only two in the game at the moment. Next on the list here is going to be making some 100% Doles via crossbreeding that evaluate near perfectly for North Swedish Horses just to get some of those going, and then doing the same thing to match the Lat eval.

Crummy Horse Quest: My current stud is under 10,900 HGP, and my current lowest Mare is 10,493 HGP (though she's still a filly right now). Progress is going well, but I really need one of my mares to give me a lower HGP colt so that progress can keep being made.

Maelstroms: Currently halted. I'm enjoying doing some mindless breeding for the RBRC and as I'm doing the Crummy Horses as well, I don't have room to do a bigger project such as the Tarpans or Grades.

Training: Also halted still; internet's iffy at best still and it takes so much longer to do things when I have to train each turn. I'd rather focus on breeding and slowly make my way through my own list of foals before I open back up to anyone else. I really need to get them all done and sold so that I can have more room in my freeze farm.

MISC: I've started on making more Heavy/Pony Arabians so that I can have an unrelated batch to my current stud. Once done I might make more Dole G. horses to help with some genetic refreshing in the RBRC group, but I'm not sure. It'll depend on what progress I've made by then. I'm not evaluating these Arabians for anything in particular, just aiming for 14-16hh, medium-heavy, 30-60% size, and maybe 50-70% pony type. That seems like a reasonable midground.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Another update on how things're going!

RBRC: I think we've completed Dole G.s off the checklist. I've personally contributed 3 fillies and 1 colt. I think the endgame for what we're currently working on will be Latvian Harness Horses since there's only two in the game at the moment. Next on the list here is going to be making some 100% Doles via crossbreeding that evaluate near perfectly for North Swedish Horses just to get some of those going, and then doing the same thing to match the Lat eval.

Crummy Horse Quest: My current stud is under 10,900 HGP, and my current lowest Mare is 10,493 HGP (though she's still a filly right now). Progress is going well, but I really need one of my mares to give me a lower HGP colt so that progress can keep being made.

Maelstroms: Currently halted. I'm enjoying doing some mindless breeding for the RBRC and as I'm doing the Crummy Horses as well, I don't have room to do a bigger project such as the Tarpans or Grades.

Training: Also halted still; internet's iffy at best still and it takes so much longer to do things when I have to train each turn. I'd rather focus on breeding and slowly make my way through my own list of foals before I open back up to anyone else. I really need to get them all done and sold so that I can have more room in my freeze farm.

MISC: I've started on making more Heavy/Pony Arabians so that I can have an unrelated batch to my current stud. Once done I might make more Dole G. horses to help with some genetic refreshing in the RBRC group, but I'm not sure. It'll depend on what progress I've made by then. I'm not evaluating these Arabians for anything in particular, just aiming for 14-16hh, medium-heavy, 30-60% size, and maybe 50-70% pony type. That seems like a reasonable midground.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

It's been a week, so here's some more updates:

Heavy Arabians: Still working on this. I haven't been giving it the full attention that I should be, so not a lot of progress is honestly being made. I have a lot that have some of the characteristics that I want, but none are 100% Arabians yet.

Crummy Horse Quest: This has expanded past what I was expecting it to. I have five pastures dedicated to this at the current moment; I was only ever intending three at most. Regardless, it's a work in progress. I have a running theory that certain horses have a higher disposition to throw lower HGP foals than other horses and I'm somewhat casually testing this as I go; I have multiple studs now that I'm swapping between, and I can definitely say that one of them likes to have lower HGP foals and another likes to make higher HGP foals. Maybe it's probability, though. My current lowest mare is at 10,493 HGP and my current lowest stallion is at 10,860 HGP, though he's not yet mature. I'm hoping to eventually get a 10,600 HGP foal and from there maybe make my way lower, but I've been getting fillies by a large majority.

Training: I've temporarily opened training back up. It seems to be going okay, though I'm taking longer than I used to to train horses. That's partially due to all of the breeding and foal-checking that I have to do each turn, though.

MISC: I'm still working on making some Doles for North Swedish breeding as well as some Forest Horses. It's going kind of meh, but again I'm not giving it the full attention that I should be. I'm waiting to do Maelstrom things until I can have premium going, so that's on indefinite pause.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Another update:

Crummy Horse Quest: I'm going to start freezing mares below 10,700 HGP. Once I have a pasture full (12 in all), I'll let all of the current mares age out. Once they're aged out, I'll bring the sub-700 group back to this account and continue forward. The ideal thing would be to get a colt below 10,800, even more ideally below 10,700. I haven't had much improvement on the colt slide of things; it's been nonstop fillies or else above 11k HGP. In other news with this project, I've started up a breeding community geared towards this quest. If you want to give it a shot, check it out. There's a link on the main post here. I'm giving away some of my current herd to help other players jumpstart their own.

Heavy Arabians: I've called it quits on this I think. I don't have the focus to maintain this as well as the Doles and the Crummys, plus I simply don't have the room for the broods. I have the broodmare skill maxed out and I'm still hitting the limit sometimes, so I have to stop something. I already have a few heavier arabians, so I can worry about getting new genetic ones later when I'm not so limited in space.

Doles: Still a work in progress. I'm getting closer. I have a couple of Dole crosses that're 4* for Lat and 4* for Norths. It's just a waiting game for them to reach maturity and have their own foals.

Training: Still doing this. I'm very slow right now and I'd apologize but I did note that I probably would be. It's currently closed; I've taken three horses to do and I'm on the last horse right now. I've decided that I can do training, but only very casually. I might just focus on training my own horses since I'm taking longer than I'd like for public training.

MISC: I think once the RBRC gets to their goal of Latvian Harness Horses (I assume that's what we're working towards right now), I'll probably take a break from that to do some more breeding quests of my own. As it is, none of the ones I'm breeding for this community are counting because they're normally done further down the line. I also have a bunch of horses just sitting in my freeze account, waiting to be used. I'd like to get them done with and sell them off so that I an have more room.

MISC2: I'm also considering making a grinder herd for myself. I haven't been using the best grinders recently and I don't overly like taking great horses from the Market that someone else could legitimately use for their projects. I'll have to decide how I want to do that as well as what breed to use. From what I understand, 65k+ HGP is ideal for grinders as that should be around level 10 local comp. I don't much want to manually work up to that HGP, so I might see what's high in the market and snag a breeding pair. I might do Thoroughbreds rather than Arabians because I'd like to keep them in a barn, and for Endurance Arabians that might be hard to maintain a bombproof temperament. Ideally I'd do a high strung breed which would be a racing discipline, and TBs are the first thing that comes to mind. Although, Tchenarani could be fun to try to improve to that level, and are something I've been thinking about? We'll see.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Current updates:

Crummy Horse Quest: Took a small pause from this simply because I'm out of room on both of my farms. It's going again now, but I'm not keeping any horse above 10,700 HGP unless it's a colt, and only if it's from 10,800-10,700 in that case. I have a good few mares frozen in the event that I can't get any lower before the current group ages out.

Doles: I'm hitting the 100% Dole breed. Now it's just aging those 100% horses to mature and fine-tuning the evals to be exactly what I need.

Currently done with training for a little while at the least. Might do some training for myself if I run low on grinders, though. I do want to get a North Swedish before New Years, preferably a Latvian done as well so that I can clear out my farm and get to work on other things.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:48 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:48 am