The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

SolarSolstice Master Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Bleostic
Visit My Farm

Re: SolarSolstice Master Log

Post by Bleostic »

Hi I have a sunmba mare u coukd buy
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Bleostic wrote:Hi I have a sunmba mare u coukd buy
Is she purebred and above 37k HGP? If so then I'd be willing to buy her.
Bleostic
Visit My Farm

Post by Bleostic »

Yes she is her name is red beauty I think and she's bred by gabby woodkark so she is special she is up for offers but has an offer for one tgousand so be quick
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Oops, I bred too many mares. I have some Tibetans. I don't think any are for sale but I can put up a stud for you if need it. That goes for any of my horses. I'm lazy about putting my boys up. Just let me know. I just rehomed my Sumbas yesterday because they had been for sale for a while and I needed the room. I'll keep you in mind if I end up with more.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Hilayla wrote:Oops, I bred too many mares. I have some Tibetans. I don't think any are for sale but I can put up a stud for you if need it. That goes for any of my horses. I'm lazy about putting my boys up. Just let me know. I just rehomed my Sumbas yesterday because they had been for sale for a while and I needed the room. I'll keep you in mind if I end up with more.
Bleostic wrote:pinging for edit
I wanted to mention that I freed up space again. I'm not planning to breed or buy anything or even take a turn for a while because it's evaluation time again.

Edited again: to apologize for quoting instead of editing. I mix up those buttons all the time. :lol:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Bleostic wrote:Yes she is her name is red beauty I think and she's bred by gabby woodkark so she is special she is up for offers but has an offer for one tgousand so be quick
Offered.
Bleostic
Visit My Farm

Post by Bleostic »

Hilayla wrote:
Hilayla wrote:Oops, I bred too many mares. I have some Tibetans. I don't think any are for sale but I can put up a stud for you if need it. That goes for any of my horses. I'm lazy about putting my boys up. Just let me know. I just rehomed my Sumbas yesterday because they had been for sale for a while and I needed the room. I'll keep you in mind if I end up with more.
Bleostic wrote:pinging for edit
I wanted to mention that I freed up space again. I'm not planning to breed or buy anything or even take a turn for a while because it's evaluation time again.

Edited again: to apologize for quoting instead of editing. I mix up those buttons all the time. :lol:
Hi why quote me????
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

It was an accident. I hit quote instead of edit. Sorry.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Current Updates || Master Log

Post by EclipticEnd »

It's very late for me right now and I should be asleep, so forgive any typos and grammatical things. I'll sleep soon, I promise, just waiting on something to finish before I do.

Current updates to my myriads:

===================================================================

All Breeds: I'm up to 18/328 breeds completed. That's some good progress, I think! And it's no wonder that I'm running out of room, considering I've been trying to make a Mare and Stallion of each breed (that's 36 already!) and have multiples of some genders.

I've decided to start training up these horses in the hope that they might increase interest in sales. I'm not sure if that'll work, because some of the breeds simply aren't great; they're not where they need to be for competitions, and their stats are too low to be good grinders. Alas, i'm trying my best. I don't really want to rehome them after I've spend so long trying to create them. There's a lot of horses that need training, though. I might have to end up looking for a trainer to help out; I can only do so much at once, especially when I'm actively breeding as well as training.

There's some, at least, that I think will have potential to do well. I have Trakehners, for instance, that I know would sell if only I put them up. Unfortunately they're used in multiple breeds! I also have hope that my Abyssinians might be worth something; they're relatively good stat-wise if I remember right. They might make good racers? Who knows.

I've also started selling some of my recipe horses. Well... culling and selling. I desperately need the room, so I've gone through some of the crosses that I have multiples of and singled out the ones that have been passed in their usefulness. 5* Abyssinians? No longer needed, so they're either to be sold or culled depending on if I need the room and if someone asks for them fast enough.

I don't think that sale has much attention. Perhaps there aren't as many people taking up this challenge right now as I'd thought? Oh well, all I can do sometimes is offer an opportunity; it's up to others to take it.

As for Mongolians, no progress. Kind of.

I'm currently working on a Mongolian buy request; I think it's for a Mare? I can't remember right now. I have a pair working on that; I'm using a very special Tarpan of mine. Special because she is, in fact, not a dun and is simply bay. Of course, she's paired with a dun, but the foal will be heterozygous; maybe the buyer will appreciate that? But it also might not mean much if there's not a non-dun stud for her to be paired to. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

That bay is also one of my higher HGP Tarpans that isn't necessarily related to the stud that I'm using for that Mongolian, so hopefully it'll check the COI (not sure what that % is right now) and get a high 40k-55k HGP.

Any extra Mongolians will be kept for the Maelstrom project.

Speaking of that, no progress. I'm not sure that I'm even set on calling it the Maelstrom project.

I think I might want to go for non-dun Mongolians? Just for a bit of variety. I've been working with bay duns for so long that when I click into the color spot, bay dun automatically pops up as the first autofill choice.

As much as I love grullas, I don't want to overdo them and begin to tire of the color. No, I think I'll try to go for a variety. Pearl is almost an interesting choice, but I'm not sure where to get pearl, and I'm not sure that I really want to delve into that dilution as I never really have. It'd be something new to learn, and if it's anything like champagnes then it might be an absolute pain for me.

I'm sticking with either Western or Racing Mongolians. It's still depending on the build I end up with after crossbreeding for color and stats. Both could be good, but that'd be two groups to keep track of, and twice the horses to have to house. I can already imagine getting overwhelmed with one group, so maybe two isn't a good idea.

I also do have a build of horse that I prefer in this game, but I'm not sure that I could duplicate it well. It was more of an accident when I made it, and it included the use of Belgians; kind of a horse-type draft build. I don't think I want to duplicate it for Mongolians if only because it might be hard to do so as well as maintain with accuracy; I'm also not sure that there's any conformation benefits to it, and that's something I'm going to have to start considering.

Speaking of conformations, I have a new goal. I'm saving up PT for a year's worth of Premium. It's going to take absolutely forever, and I'm well aware of that, but it is what it is. I'm sure that starting a big project like the Maelstroms is going to create a ton of confos, and I don't want to bother anyone with waves of links.

I have just over 100 right now. I know that with a good grinder, I can make quiet a bit in quite a short time. Sadly I had enough for a month of premium, but at that time I hadn't even considered premium and went instead for colorful tack. No regrets... sort of. Anyway, I made 500 in the time that it took me to do all of the public training, which was maybe a couple of weeks. Not sure what I started at, but if I can find a good grinder then maybe I can do it again.

I wonder if the PT yield from Local Shows is random or a hidden trait that a horse might pass on? I'll have to look into that; if it's random then so be it, but if it's possibly a trait, then maybe I should consider breeding my grinders once I find a nice one. We'll see.

I think the last thing to mention has to do with training. Not only am I training my random and rare breeds, I'm also still training for my grinder auction. I want to get maybe three horses trained up for it before I start on it again; in the time between those auctions I'll be able to champ some of the other trained horses, and I'll eventually pause again to train up more.

I wasn't expecting the lack of that sales slot to be as much of a problem as it is on my freeze account. I've realized that it's hard when you only have one slot and you have three horses to sell or transfer, especially when you're not sure when the buyers will be active, and very especially when those buyers go completely AWOL for weeks at a time.

I think I'm going to have to implement a rule again where I only allow transactions if there's a transfer within a few days, simply because I can't not have a slot open for a week at a time with the uncertainty that the buyer might happen to be online when the horse is down for a transfer, and therefore not offer for another week or more.

Anyway, that's a lot of text and my timer is up! Time for me to get some sleep, so I'll come back and possibly add more tomorrow if anything else crosses my mind to update on.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

New update time!

I've taken a break from the actual turn usage parts of the game, such as breeding and training. I'm working right now on selling horses. It hasn't been going super well, to be honest.

I have the following to sell:
-8 Cleveland Bays that I'd bred at one point and impulsively bought back despite not having a use for them
-4-ish Belgians that aren't really anything special
-3-4 Thoroughbred studs that I've been purely using for the stud fees and actually have no personal use for
-1 pretty old Thoroughbred mare that I'm probably just going to age out actually
-1 Akhal-Teke mare that I was going to keep, but I might just sell and make more of when I need to
-3 Tchenarani that I might end up keeping for Jafs (not sure)
-1 or more Arabians (I need to go through them and decide)
-3 Obs
-Possibly some Turkmenes? I need to eval check them
-Kathiawaris if they don't eval well for Indianbreds
-2 Baluchi
-2 Abyssinian
-Possibly some North African Barbs (have to check evals)
-1 Sumbawa
-1 Deli
-3 Sumba (all colts)
-3 Exmoor Pony

Total = 36 or more

It's a big list. It'd be bigger but I have someone for my Tibetans and Chinese Ponies (thank you so very much, take all the time you need to get them).

I also have a bunch that I intend to train myself and sell which I didn't count into the above number. They're going to remain frozen until I start using turns again, which will depend on when I can open up more room.

I very unfortunately might have to start rehoming some of the horses that I've bred. I didn't want to do this, especially with the breeds under 200 in population, but I think a lot of them don't have a niche of buyers. It is what it is.

All of those listed horses are in my secondary freeze account, which you can find linked on my farm's page. If you're interested in any of them, send me a ping in the Horse Sales forum. For now I'm going to keep getting them trained and sold as well as I can.

=======================

Other update is that I've taken the time to redo my farm's layout a bit, and I've went on a decorating spree! All of my barns are completed with walls and doors, and I've filled my pastures with foliage. I'm very happy with it!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:34 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:34 am