The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

᭙ashington Estates Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

᭙ashington Estates Log

Post by K's Eventing »

ӄ》K's Eventing Log
Greetings, I am Katie, KJ or K for short. I breed horses for Eventing/English competitions. The breeds I primarily work on are Warmbloods, they need a bit more popularity on the platform. A little bit about me is I own seven animals with my wife. A Quarter horse × Akhal-Teke named Flecha Rose, a Dutch Warmblood × Thoroughbred named Red, a Quarter horse × Akhal-Teke foal named Bekham, a goat named Shelby, a ram named Sebastian, a pig named Petals, a calico named Millie and a beagle named Pecan. If you count passed on horses as well, a Holstein named Pepper, and an Irish Sport Horse named Sargent Bonnet (Sarge). I have been doing Cross Country since I was six years old and now have retired to teaching my daughter how to ride.I created this Log to keep track of all the horses I will have bred, and track my progress on breeding. The mascots of Washington Estates are located here, yes the goats count. To keep this organized I would greatly appreciate it if you did not post on the forum, Thank you!

Current Projects:
᭙ashington mascots
Austrian Warmbloods
Last edited by K's Eventing on Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

9/18/22

Post by K's Eventing »

I decided to start breeding Holstein and Austrian Warmbloods from AC stock.

So far I have bought a North African Barb x Arabian to breed to a Thoroughbred:
Nab×Arab
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

1/15/23

Post by K's Eventing »

Hello, again! So I have not been on to do anything, because I was moving, but I have given some thought and have decided to join the Rare Breed Re-population community! After doing some very time-consuming Information, also known as clicking a link to breeds wiki, Austrian Warmbloods have a population under 100. Mind-blowing! So I signed up as a Specific Breeder for Australian Warmbloods, today. Not only that, but I have decided I will be breeding these from AC stock. Yes, you heard me right, AC stock.
So I have created an entire diagram of breed creations leading up to Austrian Warmbloods. Now every horse on my farm is up for sale, so whoever is reading this you are welcome to check them out!
I will put the chart down below. The next part is getting all required AC stocks and separating them into their pastures.
Wish me luck and hope my grinders give me enough Pony Tokens.
-K
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

1/16/23

Post by K's Eventing »

Entry number...I don't know. I have successfully started breeding for Austrian Warmbloods! Yay! this will be a fun breeding project! I have decided to start breeding on Nonius because the makeup looked easy. Nonius is a breed that will be crossed with a Thoroughbred to get the first half of the makeup breeding for Austrian Warmbloods.
I have bred a Tarpan×Belgian cross and a Forest horse × Belgiancross, then once they are both breeding age I will then breed them and hopefully get a Norman Cob.
The Norman Cob will then be crossed with a Norfolk Trotter to get a [Norfolk × Norman] and that will be crossed with a [Arabian × Andalusian] to get a Nonius.
Now explaining it, I think I might be eating too much grain. :lol:
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

1/24

Post by K's Eventing »

Day...something?
I have re-homed the horses *forehead slap*. What was going through my head? I don't know, definitely not "No, KJ, don't!!"
So I am starting over from scratch! Same thing as previous posts just with different base horses!
Another update, my grinder died, so if whoever is reading this has one for sale feel free to ping me! (Separate forum please)

KJ signing off!
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

2/5

Post by K's Eventing »

Small update, no progress.
I keep breeding for Cleveland Bay, not Norman Cob. :lol:
[Belgian×Tarpan]×[Belgian×Forest Horse] makes a Norman Cob, I keep trying to breed a Cleveland Bay with this recipe. No wonder I am not making progress!

-KJ

Edit:
Got a good product!! So close to a Norman Cob!!
Horse 1

Horse 2
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

2/8

Post by K's Eventing »

Big achievement today!!!
After a day or two of breeding, we successfully have our very first Norman Cob!!! Bad news, 2*. Why must you do this to me horses!
Next Step: Cleveland Bay
Norman Cob

Edit:
Norman Cob filly! : D
Norman Cob 2

I might breed these two together to hopefully get a 4*, if not she is 3* so there is hope!
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

3/4/23

Post by K's Eventing »

I haven't been on much, a lot in my life has happened recently so I have been trying to recover from that. I have just started getting back into breeding. Today I successfully bred a 5* Norman Cob Filly and have just bred the Arabian × North African Barb for the Cleveland Bay.

Norman Cob 5*
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

4/5/23

Post by K's Eventing »

So, I accidentally bred a Baladi. Okay, oops. :lol:
Baladi
K's Eventing
Visit My Farm

Re: ᭙ashington Estates Log

Post by K's Eventing »

Hello! It's been a bit!
I have successfully bred a Norfolk Trotter! Which means all that is left to breed is an Andalusian!
The Norfolk will be bred to my Norman Cob to create a cross
[Norfolk Trotter × Norman Cob]
And once the Andalusian is bred it will be crossed with an Arabian to create a cross
[Arabian × Andalusian]
These two crosses will be paired and with some luck I will have my first base horse for the Austrian Warmblood!

Edit: The only problem is The Norfolk Trotter is 2* for Nonius
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 pm