The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Frost Farm’s Public Arabian Project

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Frost Farm’s Public Arabian Project

Post by Howl »

Competition Quality Arabians

Hello everyone, I’ve decided to dedicate this account to something very special for the community. A line of Racing Bred Arabians and a line of Endurance Bred Arabians. Now I know some of you may have no interest in this and some of you may be chomping at the bit to get your hands on them but I’d like to introduce this project with the reasoning behind it.

Hwo is an amazing game, while I openly express frustrations I may have with it I also appreciate its uniqueness to other browser based horse games.

Its uniqueness also makes it fairly complex and sometimes that complexity is difficult for new or casual game players. I wanted to create a line that was enjoyable but simplistic and accessible to everyone. I looked at what the community was interested in, what was popular and asked for the opinions of currently active players and here’s what I’ve come up with. I really hope you all enjoy it. :)

Why Arabians?
Arabians are one of the Adoption Center breeds making them easily accessible to all players at any time.

Why Racing?
Racing is just about the most popular discipline in this game. It is incredibly competitive and many players enjoy breeding specifically for racing. While Thoroughbreds are normally the more popular breed for this discipline it is not exceptionally easy to breed a new Thoroughbred through breed creation and many new or young players may find themselves frustrated creating a line without access to new blood right away. Racing is a discipline I would consider moderate and those just joining the HWO community may find themselves overwhelmed trying to breed a Racing Thoroughbred.

Why Endurance?
Endurance is a very beginner friendly discipline, it’s popular enough to have competitions available to enter but not absolutely full of the best bred horses people have poured years of play into. A new player could easily compete in Endurance competitions and make an acceptable profit.
Adoption Center Arabians come with a multitude of Endurance qualities include Stats, Build, and Breeder Report. They’re an excellent choice for adding new blood to an existing Endurance line or breeding your own. This makes getting new blood for your Endurance line easy and accessible.

Additional Help
If you are a new player you may not fully understand the feed system in this game and how it effects weight and temperament.
Below I’m going to list a condensed guide on what is needed to compete these horses successfully. This is not a very in depth guide as I don’t want to overcomplicate things here. You can find very detailed guides in the guides section on the forums should you need them.

Barn Or Pasture?
Yes, where you keep your horse is very important.
Horses kept in the pasture will be on a grass fed diet and one feed of the players choice. Their diet in a pasture is difficult to control and will change day to day. This is acceptable for Foals or Broodmares. Basically stock that is not competitive.

For Endurance stock in a pasture I would recommend 50-60% or less Performance feed.
For Racing Stock in a pasture I would recommend 75% or more Yellow Corn feed.

Horses kept in a barn will not receive grass but can be over or underfed. You will see a total percentage of feed that reflects the 1-4 feeds you choose to feed your horse. If the total feed is red your horse is being fed more food than they can digest and you should adjust the feed until it is no longer red. A horse fed a diet that shows red will loose weight anytime energy is used such as breeding or training. A horse with a red diet will not loose much weight if no energy is used.

If the total feed % is under 100% the horse will loose weight. If the total feed is 100% the horse will not loose or gain weight this is ideal for competitive horses. If the feed total is above 100% the horse will gain weight.
Weights are:
Very Fat
Fat
Fleshy
Moderately Fleshy
Moderate
Moderately Thin
Thin
Very Thin
Poor

Why Is Feed Important?
Feed in HWO effects weight but is also effects a horses Temperament. Temperament is very important to how a horse performs in competitions.
Below the feed selection you will see 3 bars with various amounts of green filling they are
Protein
Fiber
Sugar

The only important bar for now is Sugars if the Sugars bar is passed the line and appears dark green your horses temperament is going to increase. If the Sugars bar is not passed the line and is a dull green your horses temperament is going to decrease.
Temperaments from top to bottom are:
High Strung
Spirited
Even Tempered
Calm
Bombproof

Please note as it is important a horse born Bombproof is almost always stuck Bombproof. These horses do not make good racing stock for competitions or breeding. If you have chosen racing you may want to avoid foals born Bombproof.
Bombproof is however the easiest Temperament to achieve in your breeding stock. Now I’m sure you see why racing is a moderately complex discipline. Fear not, Bombproof is perfect for Endurance!

What is important for Each Discipline?
Down below I will put the correct
Build Type, Weight, Temperament, and Stats for both Racing and Endurance. Please note that to have a successful competition horse they will need to fulfill these. For example a bombproof horse is not going to perform well in Racing and a high strung horse is not goIng to perform well in Endurance. For best results you will need to compare your horse to the guides below.

Endurance Arabians
Build Type: Very Light
Weight: Moderately Thin
Temperament: Bombproof
Important Stats In Order:
Stamina
Speed
Agility
Tempo

Racing Arabians
Build Type: Light
Weight: Moderately Thin
Temperament: High Strung
Important Stats In Order:
Speed
Stamina
Strength
As states above Racing is a bit more complex than Endurance however this is a beginners guide and will be kept simplistic.

Closing Thoughts?
While this project is aimed at ease of engagement and success for a more casual playing experience I would love to encourage all experienced players to engage with it as well. I would love to see experienced players scooping up well bred foals to train for the community, Using these lines to enhance their own projects, and just in general add more engagement to the community.
Below I will list available Studs, Sales, and a section to answer any questions.
Last edited by Howl on Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Stallions

Post by Howl »

I have listed the barns stallions will reside in once available, I will also attempt to list spot light stallions as available.

If any stallions lack energy please let me know I will refresh them asap

Available Endurance Studs:
In Training Or Aging Out
Frozen/Competitive Stallions

Available Racing Studs:
In Training Or Aging Out
Frozen/Competitive Stallions

Endurance Spot Light Stallion:

FF War Of Broken Homes

Price Per Studding: 2.5k
Competition Status: Active
W/P/S: 96.1%
Best Score: 19.03
COI: 87.23%
Personal Opinions: I would have liked for his Stamina to be a bit higher but otherwise his stats are lovely. His Breeder Report is fabulous and his HGP is pretty good. This boy has stunning markings and his height and build are perfection he’ll cross wonderfully to AC mares.

Racing Spot Light Stallion:

FF Brackish Coast

Price Per Studding: 5k
Competition Status: None
W/P/S: N/A
Best Score: Local 02:02.01
COI: 101.09%
Personal Opinion: The Racing line Arabians are still heavily a work in progress however I’m very very pleased with this boys Breeder Report so far. His stats are wonderful as well, Beautiful mane and tail too! His HGP is low and his COI is high but that’s expected right now.
Last edited by Howl on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Sales

Post by Howl »

For now Most sales will be foals, I encourage all experienced players to scoop up affordable foals for training and reselling at affordable prices for the community. I will eventually be selling trained horses but with the project being so new I have to focus on refining the quality of the line first.

Available Endurance Bred Sales:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/187168
Colts And Fillies added throughout the day. They sell quickly so check in frequently or you can ask to be PMed or Pinged when new foals are about to be added.

Available Racing Bred Sales:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/187169
Colts added infrequently through the day. The rare filly as well. This project is not as far along and doesn’t yet produce the highest quality like the Endy line does.

Trained Competition Stock:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/166567
The horses in this barn are stored on my freezer acct and can not be left up for sale as its not premium. If you’re interested in one of these horses please link them below and I will place the horse up for offers for you. At this time horses from this sale barn are limited one per player. Not one per account. Limited one per player. -thx

Last edited by Howl on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Pings

Post by Howl »

Questions? Quote This.
Last edited by Howl on Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Answers and Updates

Post by Howl »

Answers & Updates:
Here I will repost any questions and answers that develop on this forum in case they may offer any future assistance to those who may have the same question.

I will also be posting any relevant updates as this project takes off.
Answers:

Updates:
October 11th 2022
Currently I have 3 Endurance stallions in training who should be up for stud soon (within 24 hours). They will be competing as well so players can judge the quality of the studs for themselves.
The Racing line is a bit behind the Endurance line but I hope to have a couple of studs trained up in the next few days.
I have been putting a few colts in the sales barn for $1,000 but at this time they are more high quality grinder material than high quality competition material. Quality is expected to increase daily.

October 14th 2022
There are now 4 Endurance bred stallions frozen available for stud and I have been listing some temporary studs in the aging barn as well. There are a few temporary Racing bred stallions available. The quality is improving in breeder report and hgp so we should see better times. COI has temporarily increased (not to high) but thats expected for now. Once established I’ll start adding some AC stock back in. There are foals for sale through out the day, mostly colts but I’ve been throwing some nice fillies in there too. I‘ll try and get some trained sales up soon but I’ve been focusing on getting some proven studs up first.

November 21st 2022
Well there was a big gap of no update as real life got a bit crazy and I had to add in a lot of AC stock and do a bit of breeding management. That being said there will be new foals for sale and new studs going up today and for the foreseeable future. I’m very excited about the progress the Endurance line has made and I would consider these horses fully competition quality. They should make great assets to bloodlines and competition strings.
As for the Racing line they’re getting there. I’ll have new foals and studs up now but I do find their hgp is still low their COI high and their times could be a bit better. I’ll be working on lowering COI raising HGP and getting a better competition quality to them now that the Endurance line has reached its goals.
Last edited by Howl on Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TPHolding
Visit My Farm

Post by TPHolding »

Howl wrote:
Questions? Quote This.
I just want to say thank you for doing this :D
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Howl »

TPHolding wrote: I just want to say thank you for doing this :D
:D Thank you <3
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Frost Farm’s Public Arabian Project

Post by Howl »

Updated
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Howl wrote:
Questions? Quote This.
Would you be open to selling this stud to me? https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3754665
He was my old horse a while back, and I was surprised to see him still alive! I must have sold him to you in January. If you'd sell him, name your price and I'll buy him if it isn't too high.

Thanks!
Howl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Howl »

Hannah771 wrote:
Howl wrote:
Questions? Quote This.
Would you be open to selling this stud to me? https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3754665
He was my old horse a while back, and I was surprised to see him still alive! I must have sold him to you in January. If you'd sell him, name your price and I'll buy him if it isn't too high.

Thanks!
$1
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 pm