Community Forum

All Breeds Project - 289/328 Complete!

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Misaki Pony, Groningen, Spanish Jennet

Post by Corvus »

Misaki Pony: Arabian x Hokkaido
Foals Bred: 4
At first glance, this looks like an easy enough cross, but they are 70-90% pony, and Hokkaidos are 50-70%. Then to cross to an Arabian, which is very horsey, this isn't going to be the easiest. My Arabian rejects typically are 60% horse to 60% pony, so even they're not built for this. They do on occasion have foals in the 90% pony range so I at least can get those fairly easily.

I have one Hokkaido mare

Intergalactic Queen

And since there are no Hokkaido studs available, she's gonna have to get this done. She rates fairly well for Misaki except of course not being pony enough. I'll cross her to some Arabians, but will probably end up breeding half Hokkaidos from her that are ponier.

I have three very pony Arabian stallions, but they're not ideal. They're all above 90% pony, which is fine, but they're also either too short, too tall, or not bulky enough. But my mare is good in those areas, so it is possible to get a Misaki, but I'm still looking for a better stallion.

I was thinking I'd start trying to breed a few more Hokkaidos if this next foal wasn't a Misaki, and I got one!

Ruby Snowdrift

There's only 7 of these guys, so I'm thinking I'll breed a few? But I said that with Hequs and still have them and I don't have room for these too. At least, not to have a huge amount of them. But I don't need them, and there's also no studs with energy. Maybe I'll just slowly age her up and see what I want to do then.

Quest Complete 27 Feb 23!

Groningen: (Friesian x East Friesian) x Oldenburg
Foals Bred: 36
I do want to get Groningens out of the way, but I may need to breed Oldenburgs a bit before I do. Mostly because I want to have a few extras around for later projects. But the one I do have might be good for Groningens.

Renegade Lioness

She's going to be too tall, but otherwise, she's within range everywhere else.

I've already bred a Friesian x East Friesian and will make a few others, but right now just have one colt.

27 Feb: So I've just been breed Oldenburgs and didn't age up my Friesian x East Friesians until just now. So this is the only breed I'm working on right now. At least my Friesian x East Friesian mare is a 5* Groningen.

Internet Power

I don't have a perfect Oldenburg stallion for her, but I feel like she should be able to make a Groningen eventually. Hopefully.

And my next batch had another Groningen!

Second Attempt

So a bit annoying the first didn't work, but all is good! Also he looks like a strawberry roan and I like those so that makes it better.

Quest Complete 4 Mar 23!

Vanilla Bay

He's too short and too bulky. Height-wise, he might be a good match for Lioness, but she's about 55% bulk with 60% being the upper limit, so I think their foals will end up too bulky. I could probably breed him to some of my Friesians because most of them have no bulk, although I think they're also all too tall.

4 Mar: This should have been completed on the 24th foal, but because of a glitch, that Groningen didn't complete the quest for me. So I'm trying again. I have 9 mares I'm currently using. Last batch had a Groningen and one who was only 0.5% off so hopefully I get another one soon.

Spanish Jennet: (Arabian x Sorraia) x NAB
Foals Bred: 5
So I was going to breed some of my Arabians to a Sorraia and while looking for a stud, I happened to find a 5* Arabian x Sorraia. I bought a 5* NAB mare (and a filly, who is being aged up) so if I'm lucky, my first NAB mare will work out, but if not, I have another almost old enough and I did breed a few of my Arabians to Sorraias as well.

Didn't get one on my first batch, but my second came through for me!

Deputy Spur

Just bought a Spanish Jennet filly too so I can breed some for additional projects.
Quest Complete 27 Feb 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Spanish Barb, Yonaguni Pony, Yakut

Post by Corvus »

Spanish Barb: (Spanish Jennet x WAB) x (Andalusian x WAB)
Foals Bred: 7
I have 3 Andalusians who are 5* as well as a Spanish Jennet who is 5*. My mare is 0* so I think I'll age up the 5* colt and see if I can get a better mare, although there may be some WAB stallions that can help offset the deficiencies of my Jennets.

I got this Andalusian x WAB mare

Huckleberry Rainfall

She's a bit too tall, but not by much. I also have this Spanish Jennet x WAB stallion:

Black Magic Bloodline

He's 5* so hopefully Huckleberry has good luck with him.

And her first foal was a Spanish Barb!

Sequoia Dawn

Another breed crossed off the list, but one that I'm gonna need for a while.

Quest Complete 11 Mar 23!

Yonaguni Pony: Shetland Pony x Hokkaido
Foals Bred: 51
The last breed I need before I'm done with Hokkaidos! Only problem is that Hokkaidos and Shetlands are very different in bulk than what I need. I bred my original mare to a Shetland, but I'm also working on breeding some leses bulky Shetlands as well. I've got a few already that are at least better than what's available, but nothing super great yet. I'm also breeding some Hokkaidos that are hopefully a bit better too.

Intergalactic Queen

It'd be cool if she managed to make all 3 of the breeds that you can make from Hokkaidos, but given her age and how poor of a match she is for Yonagunis, it's probably not gonna happen.

And 51 foals later...

FINALLY

Quest Complete 17 Mar 23!

Yakut: (Shetland Pony x Tarpan) x Mongolian
Foals Bred: 22
This breed has nice, large ranges for bulk and ponyness and a pretty good range for height. I think Tarpans and Mongolians maximum range for bulk and ponyness is the end of the range for Yakuts, but every now and then, an extra bulky Mongolian pops up in my herd so if I get another one, I'll hold onto them instead of rehoming.

Blaze for Butterfly

This is my first Shetland x Tarpan mare I have. Not great, because she's barely bulky enough and too horse, but I'll see how she works out. I don't have a great Mongolian to pair her with, but a few are okay. I have some Shetland x Tarpan stallions, but none of my Mongolian mares are anywhere near where they need to be.

Had to spend some time breeding good recipe horses, but I did finally get a Yakut!

[horse=https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3817634]Amethyst Blitz[/horse]

Quest Complete 29 Mar 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Short Pause

Post by Corvus »

My pastures are currently a giant mess, so I'm going to stop breeding for new breeds for a while and try to get things sorted out. I'll probably be selling some of my horses off too or aging them out just to make sure I have plenty of pasture space going forward.
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Iomud, Zhemaichu, Flores Pony

Post by Corvus »

Iomud: (Kazakh x Turkmene) x (Akhal-Teke x Turkmene)
Foals Bred: 11
Got my farm sorted out and am now attempting to breed for Iomud. I have seven mares I'm working with. More than I was planning, but I wasn't getting any colts and there are no Kazakh x Turkmene studs on the market, so I just kept making more and more fillies. They're all aged up and ready to go.

My most promising mare is this Akhal-Teke x Turkmene

Dazzled Avalanche

She's a 5* Iomud and conveniently, I happen to have a 5* Kazakh x Turkemene stallion!

Restless Wisdom

Hopefully it doesn't take more than a couple rounds of breeding to get an Iomud, either from my 5* pair, or any of my other six mares!

On the second round, I got an Iomud colt!

Searching Shimmer

He didn't even come from my 5* pair! Neither of those two mixes for Iomud are needed for anything else, so I'll be selling them off once they've all had their foals.

Quest Complete 6 Apr 23!

Zhemaichu: (Tarpan x Forest Horse) x (Arabian x Konik)
Foals Bred: 4
I've bred a bunch of the recipe horses, but for these ones, I was getting all colts and no fillies. I eventually got a few fillies, and with everyone spaced out in age, I was breeding my mares and getting them almost ready for foals and then letting them sit so I can do em all at once. But I completely forgot about one of my mares being aged up and she had her foal on my other account. And of course, he turned out to be a Zhemaichu.

Success yet a failure

Given that the mare was 0*, hopefully this means that the breed isn't too hard to get and I'll get one when my hoard of mares has their foals.

Fortunately, I ended up with another Zhemaichu in that first batch of foals!

Catchy Fern

Quest Complete 9 Apr 23!

Flores Pony: Mongolian x Timor Pony
Foals Bred: 3
I have one Timor mare

Gold Maverick

She's not great for Flores Pony as she doesn't have enough bulk, but she could probably produce one eventually, especially since my Mongolians are all within the right range on bulk. I actually think Mongolians range on everything overlaps or is the same as Flores Ponies, so that's convenient.

Regardless of what Maverick's next foal turns out to be, I'm going to breed a few more Timor Ponies, because I'll need them for a few other breeds and I doubt she'll last long enough to make all of them.

I have a Mongolian mare who is 5* but she's pregnant. The plan was to pair her with a 4* Timor stallion that I have, but as it turns out, that wasn't necessary because one of my Timor mares came through!

Opalescent Display

One more breed down! And I believe I only have 4 more breeds to make with Mongolians! I am so close to being done with them!

Quest Complete 10 Apr 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Northlands, Taishuh Horse, Java

Post by Corvus »

Northlands: (Tarpan x Mongolian) x (Exmoor Pony x Konik)
Foals Bred: 1
My Koniks are mostly too horsey, but I have a 5* filly I'll use once she's old enough. I also have a stallion, and I'm gonna breed some of my horsey Koniks to him to see if I can get a few more better ones. There's a few decent studs available, so my plan is to use those rather than to dig up my Exmoors.

I might even be able to find a Tarpan x Mongolian out there to use, which would be nice to not have to make my own crossbreed, but I might make some anyway.

My attempts at making a Tarpan x Mongolian just gave me Dulmens and Huculs. By the time I finally did manage to get a crossbreed, my Exmoor x Koniks were aged up and ready to go, and several of them were 5* and there were good Tarpan x Mongolians out there for me to choose from. And what do you know? My first foal was a winner!

Blended Blizzard

Best part is that Northlands is an end breed so I can go ahead and get rid of him!

Quest Complete 22 Apr 23!

Taishuh Horse: Tarpan x Yonaguni Pony
Foals Bred: 52
I have one Yonaguni Pony

And he's awful for making a Taishuh. But I'm gonna breed my Tarpan mares to him anyway because they're not doing anything else, but I'm gonna make some part Taishuhs as well just so I have more to work with.

23 Apr: I have several Yonaguni Ponies now, including some that are 5* Taishuh. There was even a 5* Tarpan available, but still no luck. Currently have 10 mares, but will probably add a few more. If I get more 4 or 5* Yonagunis, I'll probably retire some of the mares less likely to work out. Guess this breed is another one that's gonna be a pain.

And 50-some foals later, here we go!

[horse=https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3836027]Kittens Spot[/horse]

Quest Complete 23 Apr 23!

Java: Timor Pony x (Arabian x NAB)
Foals Bred: 12
My Reject Arabians are already trying to make a decent cross for this one, although I did find one that might be okay on the market so I went ahead and bred my Timors to him, but if they're not successful, I'll probably wait until I can make a better stallion. Or get some Arabian x NAB mares because I have some Timor stallions that need something to do.

I didn't have very good horses for this, but got a Java anyway!

Chaotic Cherry

Quest Complete 14 Apr 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Bali, Noma Pony, Frederiksborg

Post by Corvus »

Bali: (Tarpan x Mongolian) x Java
I have one Java and she is a 4* Bali

Chaotic Cherry

And I have a 4* Mongolian x Tarpan

Platinum Fox

There is a 3* Java stud available, so I don't have to worry about not having my own. I'll probably go ahead and breed a few extra Javas just so I don't age mine up too rapidly and then not have one anymore.

Got one!

Required Icicle

End breed, so I can sell him. Gonna freeze a few Javas because there's 3 other breeds, but I think they all make additional breeds and I'm trying to not make things too messy here.

Quest Complete 27 Apr 23!

Noma Pony: Taishuh Horse x Tokara
My Tokara is only 3* as she's slightly too tall and a not quite bulky enough.

Opal Trinity

I am trying to get a small population of them going just for this project, so I might try to get them going before I really focus on breeding them, and then I won't need to age up my Taishuh so quickly.

Kittens Spot

My only Taishuh. He's 4*, and it's nice that I have a male Taishuh and female Tokara. It'd be nice if they'd work out together, but I'm not counting on it. Hopefully I won't need another Taishuh, but I can make some half Taishuhs if it's gonna take a while to get the Noma.

I'd been breeding up a bunch of Tokaras expecting this to take a while, but my third foal was a Noma Pony!

Silver Fog

I can now sell off my Tokaras and my Taishuh, and only one breed to make with the Noma!

Quest Complete 29 Apr 23!

Frederiksborg: (Spanish Barb x East Friesian) x (Arabian x Oldenburg)
Foals Bred: 8
I have one Spanish Barb x East Friesian filly. She's too short but otherwise 4*

Cinnamon Cloud

I haven't made an Oldenburg x Arabian yet, but I think I have a bunch on the taller side so hopefully I can get a stallion that's a good match for Cinny.

I ended up with several Oldenburg x Arabian mares and forgot to age up Cinny, but I finally did and her first foal was a Frederiksborg!

Candlelight Risk

Quest Complete 29 Apr 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Miyako Pony, Karabakh, Estonian Native

Post by Corvus »

Miyako Pony: Noma Pony x Mongolian
Foals Bred: 30
Of course my Noma is 0*

Silver Fog

My Mongolians will be on the bottom end of the scale for bulk and ponyness, so that might make things a bit harder, but I'm gonna breed some half Nomas that will be heavier and hopefully that'll work out better.

Took a little while, but I got one!

Spooky Nebula

And this is an end breed, so I can say goodbye to her immediately!

Quest Complete 6 May 23!

Karabakh: (Akhal-Teke x Persian Arabian) x (Kabarda x Turkmene)
I really dislike the breeds that have 4 parent breeds. I feel like they're typically harder, but fortunately, this breed is on the extreme end of being not bulky and horsey. And all 4 parent breeds are similar. So hopefully this one isn't too terrible, although this does mean I need to buy a few new horses.

I got this half Akhal-Teke filly who I'll age up.

Thundering Sham

And then I can breed her to this stallion

Jump Thoughts

I have this 5* Kabarda

Crackling Miracle

And I picked up this 5* Turkmene mare

Reckless Thorns

Only took 5 foals!

Silvery Surprise

This one was pretty painless, although I did make far too many recipe horses.

Quest Complete 1 May 23!

Estonian Native: Arabian x Finnish Universal
Foals Bred: 33
Kinda casually working on this for now. None of my Finnish Universals are great, but I'll breed a few to Arabians while trying to make some that are closer to what I need.

She's probably my best mare at the moment, but is only 3*

Little Dreamer

Most of my other mares aren't pony enough, and with Arabians being not ponyish at all, I'm definitely going to need that. Every now and then, I do get a ponyish Arabian from my reject line, so if I'll probably save a few of those if I get them.

I have had so many that were just a little bit off. SO CLOSE. And look at this weird Arabian

LOOK AT HER

I have 4 of them that are pony types. They should be able to make an Estonian Native pretty soon. A lot of them aren't quite bulky enough, but my Finns are too bulky, so it should all balance out.

The weird Arabian came through!

Orange Chickadee

Took a few more tries than I expected but that's one more breed down.

Quest Complete 7 May 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Russian Don, Vyatka, Kiso

Post by Corvus »

Russian Don: (Turkemene x Karabair) x (Anglo-Arabian x Karabakh)
Another 4 breed recipe. But gotta do this one to get to that last breed with Mongolians.

My two Karabair stallions are okayish. Both are not bulky and too horse, but not by huge numbers. Unfortunately, my Turkmene mare is 0* and also not bulky and too horse. I do have a Karabair mare, but she's even worse.

My Karabakh isn't great either. She's okay on bulk, but too short and too horse. I don't have an Anglo-Arabian, so depending on what's available for stud, this one might be a bit of a challenge. I think I'll unfreeze my Karabair mare and try to get a better Karabair, but will probably have to crossbreed. In the meantime, I'll age up my Karabakh and make that cross with hopefully a decent stud and then maybe breed to some of the Turkemene x Karabair studs available.

HOW?????

Troubled Valentine

I have no idea how this happened! I had no good matches and was just gonna breed foals and hope to get lucky and somehow THE FIRST FOAL WAS SUCCESSFUL! I can't believe it. I was fully prepared for this to be another 30+ foal breed.

Quest Complete 10 May 23!

Vyatka: Tarpan x (Estonian Native x Konik)
Step one: Age up my Estonian Native, who is only 3*. She's not bulky enough and too pony. None of my Koniks are bulky either, so that will probably be the difficult area, especially since Tarpans are also not that bulky

Pink Boy

He's my best Konik, but still over 15% less than what I need for a Vyatka. But maybe I'll get a cross that's on the bulkier side. I might also breed a half Tarpan that's bulkier. My best one is about 50%, so still not good enough.

So I should have had this one completed on foal one, but because the foal was born on the same turn as my Russian Don, it didn't count.

Oops

Oh well. At least the stud had energy still and hopefully it wasn't just dumb luck.

And here's one that counted!

Successful Trail

And with that, I'm done with the Konik breed so I can say goodbye to them! Except for Pink Boy, who was my first pink horse.

Quest Complete 11 May 23!

Kiso: Exmoor Pony x Noma Pony
I only have one purebred Noma at the moment, but am working on getting some more. Fortunately, the one I have is a 4* for Kiso.

Silver Fog

He's too short, and a few of the part Nomas I have are similar. There are some Exmoors available for stud that are within range, so hopefully I can get by with those.

End of the Line

With that filly, I am done with this entire line of Japanese horses! I'm putting her up for sale, as well as most of the other remaining Japanese horses I have. I am going to keep Misakis and Nomas for a bit though, as both were very low in number, so I'm gonna see if I can raise those a bit.

Quest Complete 11 May 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Tersk, Anglo-Kabarda, Lokai

Post by Corvus »

Tersk: (Arabian x Russian Don) x Kabarda
Since my first Russian Don was a colt, I picked up this mare

Draupadi

She's 4* for a Tersk, so that's good. I have a few more Russian Don fillies to age up, but I'm hoping I can get all the Arabian crosses I need from this mare. I have two Kabarda stallions I can use and both are 5* so this might be another easier one.

YES! ANOTHER ONE ON THE FIRST TRY!

Sullen Avalanche

The parents were both 5* so not a big surprise but I'm always happy when these are easy.

Quest Complete 13 May 23!

Anglo-Kabarda: Anglo-Arabian x Kabarda
Neither of my Kabarda stallions are good for this one, although he's the best of the two

Crackling Miracle

He's 15% too horse and a bit too short, but with the right mare, he might work out? I picked up an Anglo-Arabian mare and will breed a few more that are hopefully better for this.

And another one done!

Eternal Features

And Anglo-Kabarda is an end breed, so I don't even need to keep her!

Quest Complete 13 May 23!

Lokai: (Arabian x Iomud) x (Akhal-Teke x Karabair)
I have two Iomuds, and one is 4* as he's slightly too tall

Searching Shimmer

My Arabians aren't really great, but if there's a standard Arabian available, she should be able to balance the stallion out.

I have a Karabair x Akhal-Teke Stallion, but he's sadly only 2*.

Illuminated Velocity

Since he's too horse and too tall, I'll use my reject Arabians to make the other cross and hopefully make them shorter and less horsey. It'd be nice to be able to use him since I already have him, but he's also 19, so who knows how much longer I'll have him.

Lokai is complete!

Opal Emotion

Quest Complete 14 May 23!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Deliboz, Arenberg-Nordkirchen, Bashkir Curly

Post by Corvus »

Deliboz: (Arabian x Kabarda) x (Akhal-Teke x Tersk)
My Kabardas and Tersk are all 5* for Deliboz and it should be easy to get an Arabian who is as well. The only one I have that isn't 5* is my Akhal-Teke mare, as she's too pony. But with the others all having good ratings, that shouldn't be a problem. Or if it is, I can probably breed her to other Akhal-Tekes to get the size where I need it.

Hopefully with this one being all the way at the end of the scale on both size and type, I'll only have to worry about height.

And I was right! Another easy one!

Evergreen Greeting

Now I have everything I need to get the last Mongolian breed finished!

Arenberg-Nordkirchen: Dulmen x Zhemaichu
My Zhemaichu isn't great on her own, as she's only 3*

Catchy Fern

There is 1 Dulmen stud available who is 5* and with some energy, but I think I'll breed her to the one affordable Zhemaichu stud first so if this takes longer than expected, I still have horses to work with. He's only 2*, but as long as I've got a few Zhemaichus to work with, I can get them to work.

I also have a Dulmen mare who's been frozen for a while now.

Western Witch

She's 4* and just a bit too short, so hopefully I end up with some taller Zhemaichu colts, or at least some within range that I can pair with her.

And done with this breed!

Ice Freckles

Bashkir Curly: Bashkir x (Lokai x Yakut)
My Lokai colt is only 2* and way off on size and the available studs are not any better. My Yakut mare is 0* although she too bulky and too pony, where the colt is the the opposite, so there is a chance they'll make a decent foal! Might take a while though.

My Bashkir is also only 3* and she's too short and not quite bulky enough. If I can get a taller Lokai x Yakut, she might work, but I might also unfreeze her and breed a few extra Bashkirs. There's a few studs that might be useful on the market.

I started saving some of my half and part Bashkirs just to make sure I didn't run out of cheap studs, but just as the first batch was about to reach breeding age, I got her

Hooked Ambition

And I can put her for sale now, as I don't need this breed for anything. I think all three of the parent breeds can go as well so quadruple bonus!

Quest Complete 15 May 23!
Become a Patron!