The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

ƑƐ Flawless Ease

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ƑƐ Flawless Ease

Post by Fallon »

BlackOak2 wrote: Ah! That sounds like a plan. :D

That market search, sometimes I'm alright with it and find it interesting to see what's there, but there are other times... that are more like pulling teeth than they are seeing what's interesting. That might be when the quality of the horses is really lacking, it's not a small blood pool but the owners have decently high prices. When I'm not going to get what I want with your stud, I get part of what I want with my stud, but your stud will fill in that area and yet you want... how much??? And of course, they're ALL that way. :| That's when it looses it's interest.

It also would help if the net would load faster! :mrgreen: Always helps when it's faster loading! :lol:
The worst part is when I find a horse on the market that is perfect and matches everything I was looking for but it's only up for offers and the owner hasn't been online for months (lol I first wrote alive by accident).

Or when I find a stud that is great but it's private. It's so awkward asking to use private studs when the only way to see them is by seeing private on the ad and still clicking it (because curiosity kills the cat ;)). I genuinely hope every time I ask if I could use their private stud, they don't ask how I knew their horse was perfect for my projects because I wouldn't know what to say :lol:.

There's too many people on my internet! But it gets the job done :D.
I can't go back to yesterday—because I was a different person then.
—Alice, Alice in Wonderland
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Ah! That sounds like a plan. :D

That market search, sometimes I'm alright with it and find it interesting to see what's there, but there are other times... that are more like pulling teeth than they are seeing what's interesting. That might be when the quality of the horses is really lacking, it's not a small blood pool but the owners have decently high prices. When I'm not going to get what I want with your stud, I get part of what I want with my stud, but your stud will fill in that area and yet you want... how much??? And of course, they're ALL that way. :| That's when it looses it's interest.

It also would help if the net would load faster! :mrgreen: Always helps when it's faster loading! :lol:
The worst part is when I find a horse on the market that is perfect and matches everything I was looking for but it's only up for offers and the owner hasn't been online for months (lol I first wrote alive by accident).

Or when I find a stud that is great but it's private. It's so awkward asking to use private studs when the only way to see them is by seeing private on the ad and still clicking it (because curiosity kills the cat ;)). I genuinely hope every time I ask if I could use their private stud, they don't ask how I knew their horse was perfect for my projects because I wouldn't know what to say :lol:.

There's too many people on my internet! But it gets the job done :D.
'alive for months' That seriously sounds like something I'd type too. And sometimes it seems like that. If they're not online, they don't really exist for us.

I, as a rule, avoid the private studs, unless I already have previous good communication with the owner. I don't even look for that reason! (I suppose my inner cat is long deceased! :lol: ) Even then, I tend to hesitate. Sometimes it takes too much effort to try to ask on the forums, you know, typeing out the quote coding, making shire the name is right... spelling (I'm leaving this sentence misspelled so you can see it's Glory!)... and then waiting until they may or may not get back to you, meanwhile, to turn? or not to turn? It takes too much effort for me to go after a private stud.

Oh, and those offers only sales! They grind on my nerves. When I search, often just to avoid them, I'll just do a search for $1 to some random upper number and it takes all of those annoying offers only right out of the equation. (Thank you years of searching horse sale sites for that experiences! Not that I ever bought, I just liked to ogle) Except if I'm looking for something specific from certain types of breeders.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

BlackOak2 wrote:
'alive for months' That seriously sounds like something I'd type too. And sometimes it seems like that. If they're not online, they don't really exist for us.

I, as a rule, avoid the private studs, unless I already have previous good communication with the owner. I don't even look for that reason! (I suppose my inner cat is long deceased! :lol: ) Even then, I tend to hesitate. Sometimes it takes too much effort to try to ask on the forums, you know, typeing out the quote coding, making shire the name is right... spelling (I'm leaving this sentence misspelled so you can see it's Glory!)... and then waiting until they may or may not get back to you, meanwhile, to turn? or not to turn? It takes too much effort for me to go after a private stud.

Oh, and those offers only sales! They grind on my nerves. When I search, often just to avoid them, I'll just do a search for $1 to some random upper number and it takes all of those annoying offers only right out of the equation. (Thank you years of searching horse sale sites for that experiences! Not that I ever bought, I just liked to ogle) Except if I'm looking for something specific from certain types of breeders.
Wait...so I was dead to you for years? A betrayal I never expected :lol:.

You're too good for us BlackOak2! I can't relate with never peeking, but I can relate with the spelling. I won't leave any spelling mistakes for you to find because it would make this sentence too hard to read. The simple truth is just that I'm too lazy to press down harder on my keyboard ;).

I'm late to the show! I've only started searching from $1 not too long ago. And it's fine, we can ogle together!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Wait...so I was dead to you for years? A betrayal I never expected :lol:.

You're too good for us BlackOak2! I can't relate with never peeking, but I can relate with the spelling. I won't leave any spelling mistakes for you to find because it would make this sentence too hard to read. The simple truth is just that I'm too lazy to press down harder on my keyboard ;).

I'm late to the show! I've only started searching from $1 not too long ago. And it's fine, we can ogle together!
Well... my meaning of dead is a little different then some others. But that's a part of my dark humor I don't generally let HWO see. :mrgreen:
Being deceased is the end-all. But being dead, just means a couple kicks will make you a zombie! ZOMBIE!!! RUN!!!
ehhem.... I mean... just a couple kicks will make you rise from the grave... :|
wait, that's not right either...
Let me try it this way... my singing voice will make the dead rise... :shock: :o
:lol:

It's good to see people Rise From The Grave. :lol:
And it's much more fun to say it that way too. 8-)

My former favorite (and probably still, but I haven't ogled in awhile) was Dreamhorse.com. They had loads! and all over from my favorite price Free! to some that were quite the pretty penny. But depending on where you are in the world, you might not have that site.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

BlackOak2 wrote: Well... my meaning of dead is a little different then some others. But that's a part of my dark humor I don't generally let HWO see. :mrgreen:
Being deceased is the end-all. But being dead, just means a couple kicks will make you a zombie! ZOMBIE!!! RUN!!!
ehhem.... I mean... just a couple kicks will make you rise from the grave... :|
wait, that's not right either...
Let me try it this way... my singing voice will make the dead rise... :shock: :o
:lol:

It's good to see people Rise From The Grave. :lol:
And it's much more fun to say it that way too. 8-)

My former favorite (and probably still, but I haven't ogled in awhile) was Dreamhorse.com. They had loads! and all over from my favorite price Free! to some that were quite the pretty penny. But depending on where you are in the world, you might not have that site.
Ehh, you're not doing that well of hiding it. It pops out sometimes along with your green smile ;) . You just reminded me of a horse I saw on the market where the sale ad called it a zombie horse. Guess we're on the same level then (though if I was on the same level as a horse, it wouldn't be too bad).

If I sing, you wouldn't be rising from the grave, you would be hiding in it :lol:.

I just visited! I can see why you haven't ogled for a while. I just went to the American Warmbloods section and a majority of them don't have pictures! No AWs for me there :cry:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote: Ehh, you're not doing that well of hiding it. It pops out sometimes along with your green smile ;) . You just reminded me of a horse I saw on the market where the sale ad called it a zombie horse. Guess we're on the same level then (though if I was on the same level as a horse, it wouldn't be too bad).

If I sing, you wouldn't be rising from the grave, you would be hiding in it :lol:.

I just visited! I can see why you haven't ogled for a while. I just went to the American Warmbloods section and a majority of them don't have pictures! No AWs for me there :cry:
Oh, that's so sad! And now that I've typed that, I suddenly remember that when I search on that, I always choose the image or video option. :roll: Had I remembered, maybe I would've warned you about that.

It does come out from time to time, but that's the 'family friendly' one...well, maybe more correctly the 'halloween family friendly' one.

But it does sound like we'd make a Great singing duo! :lol: I'd make them rise, you'd send them back in!

I've had thoughts before of how life would be if I could morph into a horse... but if I retained the type of body I have today, I'd already be the broke-down nag. :| The big, chestnut, sway-backed-to-a-hammock looking, mule-like lawn ornament.
Maybe, on second thought, I might be better off as a horse! :lol:
oooo... did I just say that aloud? :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Oh, that's so sad! And now that I've typed that, I suddenly remember that when I search on that, I always choose the image or video option. :roll: Had I remembered, maybe I would've warned you about that.

It does come out from time to time, but that's the 'family friendly' one...well, maybe more correctly the 'halloween family friendly' one.

But it does sound like we'd make a Great singing duo! :lol: I'd make them rise, you'd send them back in!

I've had thoughts before of how life would be if I could morph into a horse... but if I retained the type of body I have today, I'd already be the broke-down nag. :| The big, chestnut, sway-backed-to-a-hammock looking, mule-like lawn ornament.
Maybe, on second thought, I might be better off as a horse! :lol:
oooo... did I just say that aloud? :mrgreen:
Aww, I agree. Maybe a bit more than a warning though and more of an instruction manual; I confused myself just looking at the website and how it was organized :?.

"Halloween family friendly" makes you sound like the type of person to over decorate the outside and inside of your house so when trick-or-treaters go to your door looking for treats, you accidentally scare them away with your enthusiasm. Not like there's anything wrong with people who love decorating for holidays :lol: !

Yeah, we'd be great together! The only audience in our shows would be zombies :D. Of course, there is no profit but we do it all for our audience.

Same (except I wouldn't be big because I'm tiny)! I would be that horse that eats all the time and refuses to move (in other words, a lump of potatoes) ;).
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Fallon wrote: Aww, I agree. Maybe a bit more than a warning though and more of an instruction manual; I confused myself just looking at the website and how it was organized :?.

"Halloween family friendly" makes you sound like the type of person to over decorate the outside and inside of your house so when trick-or-treaters go to your door looking for treats, you accidentally scare them away with your enthusiasm. Not like there's anything wrong with people who love decorating for holidays :lol: !

Yeah, we'd be great together! The only audience in our shows would be zombies :D. Of course, there is no profit but we do it all for our audience.

Same (except I wouldn't be big because I'm tiny)! I would be that horse that eats all the time and refuses to move (in other words, a lump of potatoes) ;).
Yes, I would overdecorate, but with good decorations, not the crappy plastic ones. I have a bit of my father's sense of humor when it comes to halloween. When I was... barely a teenager... he dressed himself up with a bit of gauze around his head and around his arm, complete with a bit of ketchup. I don't know how many thought he was Actually in a car crash! His demeanor certainly helped. :lol:

I think those days are long gone for me though. I live... rural doesn't really describe it. We get a total of about 12 cars a day on the road and that's counting the cars twice as they drive out for work, then back in. And those 12 counts make it for a busy day.

I haven't been back on that site for awhile, but I do remember there was a LOT of options and they kind of were... everywhere. That site was sometimes as addicting as youtube can be. :lol: Just HOURS looking through... ooo... what's this breed? I can't even pronounce it. Oh, isn't this breed supposed to have spots or be painted? And... what the? Who'd make that? And why would somebody add it to the site? What are they smoking? :|

So teeny-tiny you and sway-backed me, singing karaoke-style to a bunch of zombies. That's... :| not something that should be imagined I think! :lol: Today might be a good chance of that coming to pass, the way the world is crumbling! :lol: :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Fallon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Fallon »

After many generations of AWs and a few studs that weren't AWs, I finally achieved gold movement (a few days ago because I forgot)! There were many times when I had gold movement when breeding, but none of them were pure, although I had a 99% AW with gold and that made me extremely excited.

Since the stats and confo of my horses are staying steady where I want them, I might comp test some of them and find some with heart or I might remove some characteristics of my horses that I'm not exactly fond of (i.e. partial floofy hair, black and bay colors). I've been debating on whether to get into colors or not because the entire topic just seems like a huge hole to get stuck in. I haven't decided yet, but I have already started to stockpile some colors that look really nice and would love to get in my line.

I also bred a horse with the highest movement comment so he's going to be immortalized on my farm page:

Last edited by Fallon on Sun May 24, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horses Colin2
Visit My Farm

Post by Horses Colin2 »

Are you able to train horses
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 am