The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

When does my mare give birth?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Purcy
Visit My Farm

When does my mare give birth?

Post by Purcy »

Hi,

I am wondering when my mare Whiskey will give birth. Whenever I click the text that says 'when will my foal arrive?' it just takes me back to my pastures.
I also don't know what time of year she was covered.

Thanks!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: When does my mare give birth?

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Purcy wrote:Hi,

I am wondering when my mare Whiskey will give birth. Whenever I click the text that says 'when will my foal arrive?' it just takes me back to my pastures.

Thanks!
Mares usually give birth around a game year after they were bred. BlackOak2 posted Pictorial Pregnancy - A Visual Gestation Timeline. You can use that to figure out about where your mare is based off of those pictures that BlackOak2 posted.
FantasyRanch2
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch2 »

Purcy wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
Mares usually give birth between 24 and 28 turns you use on your farm.

Older ones will be less if they are about to pass on and some younger ones for me at least at up to 26 evey time.

Also just so you know you won't be able to breed the foal till if it's a colt 3 years old and if it's a filly 4 years old

If you need any more help lmk :D
horsearecool12345
Visit My Farm

Post by horsearecool12345 »

im in spring year 3 and got a preg mare sometime year 2 im not sure how long its been can you help?
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

Purcy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:37 am Hi,

Thanks!
Usually after 20-26 turns. I age and pop fast with a grinder if it's not fast enough that's an idea. Also me and many others pop and age for people.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

horsearecool12345 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 am im in spring year 3 and got a preg mare sometime year 2 im not sure how long its been can you help?
My gestation timeline should give you a fairly close idea to how far along your mare is.

Currently, I'd say your mare, Rose, appears to be about 6 months. You should figure she'll probably drop when she's 6 years, give or take a couple turns.

Your mare, Cookie, appears a bit later bred than Rose. I'd suggest she's about 4 months. She'll probably drop when she's 6 years and 2 months, maybe 3 months, again, give or take a couple turns.

If you jot down when they're bred, in their notes, you know when you're approaching a year later, when they'll most likely drop. I've also noticed that many mares will regularly drop close to or even right at their count, regularly. So, if you have a mare that drops right at 1 year later, she'll most often drop at 1 year after the stud covers her. They do tend to be decently regular.
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
horsearecool12345
Visit My Farm

Post by horsearecool12345 »

thank you so much! and ok
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:00 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:00 am