The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Breeding an Akhal Teke and. . .??

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
autumnal
Visit My Farm

Breeding an Akhal Teke and. . .??

Post by autumnal »

I had found the perfect parents of my new Akhal-Teke line, I'd even bought the eval book for the breed and both parents tested a 5!! However, when I bred the two together. . .

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3552292

This is the filly that occurred. She was born a mere 33 inches, even though her parents had a perfect eval and certainly weren't the size of a pony!! Is this a glitch, or perhaps something went wrong? The only thing I can think of that I didn't normally do was: Her dam was severely overweight and couldn't seem to lose it, so throughout her pregnancy she never had full energy.

Have I done something wrong? Or is it a glitch in the game? Help!!! :!:
Gabby Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding an Akhal Teke and. . .??

Post by Gabby Woodlark »

Sometimes you won't get an Akhal-Teke on your first try. Even if both parents are perfect when it comes to eval books, it just depends if the game wants an Akhal or not.

About the smallness of it; Some horses are just sometimes born small. Most of the time they grow up big and nice.

Like her parents, they probably were the same size at her age.

But then again I could be wrong.
-Gabbs
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding an Akhal Teke and. . .??

Post by BlackOak2 »

autumnal wrote:I had found the perfect parents of my new Akhal-Teke line, I'd even bought the eval book for the breed and both parents tested a 5!! However, when I bred the two together. . .

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3552292

This is the filly that occurred. She was born a mere 33 inches, even though her parents had a perfect eval and certainly weren't the size of a pony!! Is this a glitch, or perhaps something went wrong? The only thing I can think of that I didn't normally do was: Her dam was severely overweight and couldn't seem to lose it, so throughout her pregnancy she never had full energy.

Have I done something wrong? Or is it a glitch in the game? Help!!! :!:
A 33 inch foal will grow up to be just about 14 hands tall as an adult.

It's not outside of the realm of reasons that your two parent horses (16.1 & 15.2) to pop a shorter foal. Although if these were both AC horses (rather than just the one) it would've been a much rarer event.
The dame is from a long, established line. The shortie genes most likely came from her side. Although I didn't look back too far, there could even be true mini-arabians in that line (as an adult, under 9 hands). Once these shorties and giants are bred into the line, they can continue to pop both of these for... generations, even long after you think the height has been bred out of it. And I'm talking like more than ten generations later.
Not that it WILL happen, just that it could and if it does, that would be the reason.

AC arabians and AC turks are quite notorious for popping akhel's on the first cross, so I suspect there is just too many random genes that the mare's carrying. Just keep trying and if you get frustrated, find an AC arab and give that one a go. You really don't even have to be too picky about the AC parents either, they really drop the akhel's quite readily. 8-)

Good Luck!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 am