The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Why Is My Horse Bad at Every Discipline?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Retirement Stables
Visit My Farm

Why Is My Horse Bad at Every Discipline?

Post by Retirement Stables »

Hey Guys! I'm wondering why my horse hasn't been doing well in local shows. I've tried entering him in every discipline at level 5 (which with his training, I think he should be able to do - but I'm a beginner so I really have no clue) but he never does well. Am I entering him in the wrong shows, or am I doing something wrong? https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3406553
Horse-Face
Visit My Farm

Re: Why Is My Horse Bad at Every Discipline?

Post by Horse-Face »

Retirement Stables wrote:Hey Guys! I'm wondering why my horse hasn't been doing well in local shows. I've tried entering him in every discipline at level 5 (which with his training, I think he should be able to do - but I'm a beginner so I really have no clue) but he never does well. Am I entering him in the wrong shows, or am I doing something wrong? https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3406553

Hi Retirement Stables, welcome to the game! This problem had actually happened to me. What I did was train my horses for a about 1-2 days, I placed them in local shows next to the trainng analysis, it is for free and you always get money in the end. . They did much better and soon I started buying barns and more horses! I do have a horse you may be interested in, his name is Cyrus. Please check out my farm and let me know if I need to place a private sale for us! Have a good rest of your day :)
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Retirement Stables wrote:Hey Guys! I'm wondering why my horse hasn't been doing well in local shows. I've tried entering him in every discipline at level 5 (which with his training, I think he should be able to do - but I'm a beginner so I really have no clue) but he never does well. Am I entering him in the wrong shows, or am I doing something wrong? https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3406553
I'm a bit late to this question, but I'll do my best to help answer!

From what I understand about Local Shows, the results have a large spread showing the horse's showing potential. As the horse is trained, that spread narrows down to better show the horse's best score in the discipline that you try.

The issue could be that you're only attempting each discipline once and not multiple times in a row, and therefore you might be getting bad luck with the spread of scores. The other issue might be that your horse's temperament, weight, and build are conflicting and not giving it its full potential.

Your Kathiawari (gorgeous horse, by the way) is a Very Light build, which tends to be best for Racing disciplines. Said disciplines also like the High Strung temperament, and your colt is Calm. His weight, as well, is Very Fat, whereas racing disciplines prefer Moderately Thin or Thin.

Try putting him in a barn and give him strictly sugary food, such as oats, and try to raise his protein if possible as this helps change temperament faster (I think). This will raise his temperament, assuming it isn't stuck at Calm. To lower his weight, feed him to 95% instead of 100%. Once he reaches the desired weight, give him 100%. Anything below 95% will cause energy loss each turn, and if his Regular Feed percentage is too low from his Max Feed percentage, he may also lose weight and possibly energy.

Alternatively, Saddleseat, Dressage, and Working Ranch all prefer the Calm temperament, and all prefer a Moderate weight. Working Ranch does, however, prefer Medium builds I believe. To keep your horse at the Calm temperament, try to balance Fiber and Sugar in his diet.
Retirement Stables
Visit My Farm

Horse-Face wrote:

Hi Retirement Stables, welcome to the game! This problem had actually happened to me. What I did was train my horses for a about 1-2 days, I placed them in local shows next to the trainng analysis, it is for free and you always get money in the end. . They did much better and soon I started buying barns and more horses! I do have a horse you may be interested in, his name is Cyrus. Please check out my farm and let me know if I need to place a private sale for us! Have a good rest of your day :)
Thank You so much! I couldn't find Cyrus' profile, but if he's still up for sale I'd love to check it out!
Retirement Stables
Visit My Farm

EclipticEnd wrote:
I'm a bit late to this question, but I'll do my best to help answer!

From what I understand about Local Shows, the results have a large spread showing the horse's showing potential. As the horse is trained, that spread narrows down to better show the horse's best score in the discipline that you try.

The issue could be that you're only attempting each discipline once and not multiple times in a row, and therefore you might be getting bad luck with the spread of scores. The other issue might be that your horse's temperament, weight, and build are conflicting and not giving it its full potential.

Your Kathiawari (gorgeous horse, by the way) is a Very Light build, which tends to be best for Racing disciplines. Said disciplines also like the High Strung temperament, and your colt is Calm. His weight, as well, is Very Fat, whereas racing disciplines prefer Moderately Thin or Thin.

Try putting him in a barn and give him strictly sugary food, such as oats, and try to raise his protein if possible as this helps change temperament faster (I think). This will raise his temperament, assuming it isn't stuck at Calm. To lower his weight, feed him to 95% instead of 100%. Once he reaches the desired weight, give him 100%. Anything below 95% will cause energy loss each turn, and if his Regular Feed percentage is too low from his Max Feed percentage, he may also lose weight and possibly energy.

Alternatively, Saddleseat, Dressage, and Working Ranch all prefer the Calm temperament, and all prefer a Moderate weight. Working Ranch does, however, prefer Medium builds I believe. To keep your horse at the Calm temperament, try to balance Fiber and Sugar in his diet.
Thank you so much EclipticEnd! I'm currently trying to get his weight down and his temperament to be high-strung; hopefully it will work!
Horse-Face
Visit My Farm

Post by Horse-Face »

Retirement Stables wrote:
Horse-Face wrote:

Thank You so much! I couldn't find Cyrus' profile, but if he's still up for sale I'd love to check it out!
He had sadly past away.. But I have a lovely horse named "Hunter"
Horse-Face
Visit My Farm

Post by Horse-Face »

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 pm