The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mongolian help

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
meaghanne
Visit My Farm

Mongolian help

Post by meaghanne »

Hi there, my goal is to breed Andalusians and go from there, but I'm having a really hard time breeding for mongolians. Does anyone have any advice? I keep getting Exmoor ponies which I'm going to have to start selling because I Have literally rehomed the last six rounds of breeding. I'm at my wits end. I've had some good luck with WABs but the mongolians are eluding me :( any help would be greatly appreciated
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolian help

Post by EclipticEnd »

meaghanne wrote:Hi there, my goal is to breed Andalusians and go from there, but I'm having a really hard time breeding for mongolians. Does anyone have any advice? I keep getting Exmoor ponies which I'm going to have to start selling because I Have literally rehomed the last six rounds of breeding. I'm at my wits end. I've had some good luck with WABs but the mongolians are eluding me :( any help would be greatly appreciated
Exmoors have a pretty similar eval to Mongolians which is probably the issue. They're near identical honestly.

My suggestion would be evaluating for Exmoor and discarding any that're better for Exmoor than Mongolian. It's very likely they'll be the same eval, but if you have stockier horses then that'd be better as Exmoor is more tolerant to horsier builds as they tolerate Medium Light and also Horse Type (Mongolians do not). It doesn't matter if the evals go slightly off in your mixes because the final addition of another Tarpan can bring them back on course.

Another alternative is aiming for horses that're only 2* or 3* for both so that you can get some crosses, then breeding those crosses until you get a 50% Tarpan/Prze that's 4* or 5*, at which point you breed with a Tarpan and done.

If all else fails I can certainly supply you with a Tarpan stud that's 5* for Mongolian, and I have a 5* Prze up for stud as well. I'm also currently messing with a small group of Przewalski horses that I'm trying to get better HGP on; I can certainly spare a mare if needed from them. I'm happy to help out if you need; I was preparing to make a lot of Mongolians and while I've scrapped that project, I still have some of the horses.

Good luck!
meaghanne
Visit My Farm

Post by meaghanne »

EclipticEnd wrote:
meaghanne wrote:Hi there, my goal is to breed Andalusians and go from there, but I'm having a really hard time breeding for mongolians. Does anyone have any advice? I keep getting Exmoor ponies which I'm going to have to start selling because I Have literally rehomed the last six rounds of breeding. I'm at my wits end. I've had some good luck with WABs but the mongolians are eluding me :( any help would be greatly appreciated
Exmoors have a pretty similar eval to Mongolians which is probably the issue. They're near identical honestly.

My suggestion would be evaluating for Exmoor and discarding any that're better for Exmoor than Mongolian. It's very likely they'll be the same eval, but if you have stockier horses then that'd be better as Exmoor is more tolerant to horsier builds as they tolerate Medium Light and also Horse Type (Mongolians do not). It doesn't matter if the evals go slightly off in your mixes because the final addition of another Tarpan can bring them back on course.

Another alternative is aiming for horses that're only 2* or 3* for both so that you can get some crosses, then breeding those crosses until you get a 50% Tarpan/Prze that's 4* or 5*, at which point you breed with a Tarpan and done.

If all else fails I can certainly supply you with a Tarpan stud that's 5* for Mongolian, and I have a 5* Prze up for stud as well. I'm also currently messing with a small group of Przewalski horses that I'm trying to get better HGP on; I can certainly spare a mare if needed from them. I'm happy to help out if you need; I was preparing to make a lot of Mongolians and while I've scrapped that project, I still have some of the horses.

Good luck!
Thank you for the response! I think the post was more out of frustration than anything else. I went through a ton of breeding stuff on the forums and have been able to produce a few decent mixes that I need. It's my first time breeding from scratch so I didn't anticipate it being so rage quit inducing lol
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

in my experience, using a failed cross with another usually works. you probably don't like coming to the chatroom, but if you would like help feel free to send a private message or come to chat.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm