The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Competition question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
meaghanne
Visit My Farm

Competition question

Post by meaghanne »

Hello, I took a very long hiatus so I'm sure a lot has changed, but I thought that once 20 horses had entered a competition it would just run not too long after. Is that something that's changed? I just need to know so I can update my foal testing approach if needed. Thank you!
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Competition question

Post by BlackOak2 »

meaghanne wrote:Hello, I took a very long hiatus so I'm sure a lot has changed, but I thought that once 20 horses had entered a competition it would just run not too long after. Is that something that's changed? I just need to know so I can update my foal testing approach if needed. Thank you!
Hasn't changed that I know of.

But I think I know what might be happening. If you have a reoccurring competition, these will run only on the day and at the time they're scheduled to run and not when 20 horses are entered (of course, as long as 5 horses are entered).

To get the 20-horse force-run, you'll need to do one-off competitions.

Is that the problem? If not, maybe something has changed that admin hasn't told us? Or maybe there's comp-glitch?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
meaghanne
Visit My Farm

Post by meaghanne »

BlackOak2 wrote:
meaghanne wrote:Hello, I took a very long hiatus so I'm sure a lot has changed, but I thought that once 20 horses had entered a competition it would just run not too long after. Is that something that's changed? I just need to know so I can update my foal testing approach if needed. Thank you!
Hasn't changed that I know of.

But I think I know what might be happening. If you have a reoccurring competition, these will run only on the day and at the time they're scheduled to run and not when 20 horses are entered (of course, as long as 5 horses are entered).

To get the 20-horse force-run, you'll need to do one-off competitions.

Is that the problem? If not, maybe something has changed that admin hasn't told us? Or maybe there's comp-glitch?
It's a daily, so that makes a lot more sense!!! Thank you for the info!
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
meaghanne
Visit My Farm

Post by meaghanne »

BlackOak2 wrote::)
Just ran a one time show and it went immediately! Thank you for the response!!
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

meaghanne wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote::)
Just ran a one time show and it went immediately! Thank you for the response!!
It is still a legitimate question. With all the background things going on, something could've happened. So it's good we have these checks from time to time.

But it's also great to hear that it was simply a misunderstanding (or forgotten) of the difference between reoccurring and one-off. 8-)

Also, good to see you're back around and kicking. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 pm