The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Pregnancy question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
ybarragan01
Visit My Farm

Pregnancy question

Post by ybarragan01 »

Sorry if someone already asked this and I didn't see it. But is there a certain age until a mare can't get pregnant anymore?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Pregnancy question

Post by BlackOak2 »

ybarragan01 wrote:Sorry if someone already asked this and I didn't see it. But is there a certain age until a mare can't get pregnant anymore?
They can continue to produce foals until they pass away. If they are kept pregnant, they will not die, but they can die on the day they give birth if they're older than 17 years.
Sunnys Freezer
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunnys Freezer »

can horses loose their foal before birth
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Rickyking wrote:can horses loose their foal before birth
No.
Sunnys Freezer
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunnys Freezer »

im glad that they cant
abigailnoblestream
Visit My Farm

Post by abigailnoblestream »

I have gotten a mare to age 39 by keeping her pregnant. After her last foal, I started to feel bad haha. She passed away on the turn after giving birth. I did notice that she went from producing 70+K GP colts and fillies in the high 60s to low 60s, high 50s near the end of her life. I don't know if this was coincidence or not?
Frog
Visit My Farm

Post by Frog »

So if this is my horses first time giving birth, and she will probably be over 17, she will die? Will the foal die? Can you lose a mare and a foul before she gives birth?
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

Frog wrote:So if this is my horses first time giving birth, and she will probably be over 17, she will die? Will the foal die? Can you lose a mare and a foul before she gives birth?
Horses only die after they reach 18 years. They can't die before that, as far as I know.
Frog
Visit My Farm

Post by Frog »

Thanks!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Southerngal wrote:
Frog wrote:So if this is my horses first time giving birth, and she will probably be over 17, she will die? Will the foal die? Can you lose a mare and a foul before she gives birth?
Horses only die after they reach 18 years. They can't die before that, as far as I know.
This isn't entirely correct. I've had horses die during their 17th year, but it's quite rare. Most of my horses appear to pass on during their 20th to 22nd years.

Your mare will not die during pregnancy, she cannot die during pregnancy, nor will you loose your foal. Your foal will be born alive and well. There is a chance she may die on the day she gives birth if she passes her 17th birthday, but generally speaking my mare's won't die while being pregnant back-to-back until they're somewhere over 25 years. You should be able to re-breed her a couple more times before she passes, as long as you breed her the day she gives birth.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 am