The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

USERS THAT STOPPED PLAYING

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
ST0RM
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

USERS THAT STOPPED PLAYING

Post by ST0RM »

Hi,
I breed Icelandic ponies and I use studs on the market but the owner of the studs I use doesn't play anymore. What should I do? Also, what is an Alpha/Beta tester?
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: USERS THAT STOPPED PLAYING

Post by PeacefulOreo »

ST0RM wrote:Hi,
I breed Icelandic ponies and I use studs on the market but the owner of the studs I use doesn't play anymore. What should I do? Also, what is an Alpha/Beta tester?
Unfortunately you have to find other players that would have Icelandic ponies
ST0RM
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ST0RM »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Unfortunately you have to find other players that would have Icelandic ponies
Shoot
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

A player with a tester tag played the game while people could test it so that they could help make sure it worked well enough for the game to release to the public (hope that makes sense. BlackOak may be able to give a better answer. I will ping them below. )

As for studs. I usually use the nifty little “find studs with energy” button to filter out the stallions that have no energy. Sometimes when looking for a specific thing that is not all too common i will not to this however. I would assume that is what you are doing since Icelandic horses are not the most common? I use the 4 week rule if the stud doesnt have energy. When viewing the ad (not the horse profile), you can click the player name on the right side of the ad and it will take you to the player profile. In the bottom right corner it shows the last time they were online. If its been more than 4 weeks (give or take.) I wont bother keeping the stud on a list to check back up on. If they haven’t been on in a while there really isn’t anything you can do.
BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
ST0RM
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ST0RM »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
A player with a tester tag played the game while people could test it so that they could help make sure it worked well enough for the game to release to the public (hope that makes sense. BlackOak may be able to give a better answer. I will ping them below. )

As for studs. I usually use the nifty little “find studs with energy” button to filter out the stallions that have no energy. Sometimes when looking for a specific thing that is not all too common i will not to this however. I would assume that is what you are doing since Icelandic horses are not the most common? I use the 4 week rule if the stud doesnt have energy. When viewing the ad (not the horse profile), you can click the player name on the right side of the ad and it will take you to the player profile. In the bottom right corner it shows the last time they were online. If its been more than 4 weeks (give or take.) I wont bother keeping the stud on a list to check back up on. If they haven’t been on in a while there really isn’t anything you can do.
BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
So how do I continue to breed Icelandic ponies
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

ST0RM wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:

Let me take a peak at your farm and I’ll see what advice I have to offer :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

ST0RM wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:

You can try to breed your own Icelandics using it's breed recipe found in the Breeds Wiki on here or you can look and see if there are any players breeding them or see if you can find someone to help you breed some
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

ST0RM wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:

So it seems like you have a decent number of Icelandic crosses and quite a few Arabians. While trying to breed your ice horses you can always supplement yourself by breeding Arabians. They seem to usually sell good if they have good stats.

As PeacefulOreo said, you can try making one from scratch. It does take a while, but in the end it is worth it. You can the recipe my clicking Help> Breeds Wiki and scrolling down until you fine your breed.

Another way is to find one or two full blooded (purebred) Icelandic horses to breed with you crosses. I think if you have a, for example, and Arabian x Icelandic and breed it with a thoroughbred x Icelandic , you will get a half or mixed Icelandic. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong).

But i do agree with. PeacefulOreo. Try to find other players that also breed Icelandic horses and try and see if they will help. Maybe post an ad in the stud and/or for sale forum looking for horses.

Good luck!
ST0RM
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ST0RM »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
ST0RM wrote: So how do I continue to breed Icelandic ponies
So it seems like you have a decent number of Icelandic crosses and quite a few Arabians. While trying to breed your ice horses you can always supplement yourself by breeding Arabians. They seem to usually sell well if they have good stats.

As PeacefulOreo said, you can try making one from scratch. It does take a while, but in the end, it is worth it. You can the recipe my clicking Help> Breeds Wiki and scrolling down until you find your breed.

Another way is to find one or two full-blooded (purebred) Icelandic horses to breed with your crosses. I think if you have a, for example, and Arabian x Icelandic and breed it with a thoroughbred x Icelandic, you will get a half or mixed Icelandic. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong).

But i do agree with. PeacefulOreo. Try to find other players that also breed Icelandic horses and try and see if they will help. Maybe post an ad in the stud and/or for sale forum looking for horses.

Good luck!
So if I understood you correctly if I use one of my Arabian x Icelandics and breed them with another mix Icelandic the Icelandic gene would double resulting in a Half or Mixed Icelandic.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

ST0RM wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
So it seems like you have a decent number of Icelandic crosses and quite a few Arabians. While trying to breed your ice horses you can always supplement yourself by breeding Arabians. They seem to usually sell well if they have good stats.

As PeacefulOreo said, you can try making one from scratch. It does take a while, but in the end, it is worth it. You can the recipe my clicking Help> Breeds Wiki and scrolling down until you find your breed.

Another way is to find one or two full-blooded (purebred) Icelandic horses to breed with your crosses. I think if you have a, for example, and Arabian x Icelandic and breed it with a thoroughbred x Icelandic, you will get a half or mixed Icelandic. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong).

Good luck!
So if I understood you correctly if I use one of my Arabian x Icelandics and breed them with another mix Icelandic the Icelandic gene would double resulting in a Half or Mixed Icelandic.
Yes and you would want to keep breeding them until you get back to a purebred
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 am