The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

USERS THAT STOPPED PLAYING

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Re: USERS THAT STOPPED PLAYING

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

ST0RM wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
So it seems like you have a decent number of Icelandic crosses and quite a few Arabians. While trying to breed your ice horses you can always supplement yourself by breeding Arabians. They seem to usually sell well if they have good stats.

As PeacefulOreo said, you can try making one from scratch. It does take a while, but in the end, it is worth it. You can the recipe my clicking Help> Breeds Wiki and scrolling down until you find your breed.

Another way is to find one or two full-blooded (purebred) Icelandic horses to breed with your crosses. I think if you have a, for example, and Arabian x Icelandic and breed it with a thoroughbred x Icelandic, you will get a half or mixed Icelandic. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong).

But i do agree with. PeacefulOreo. Try to find other players that also breed Icelandic horses and try and see if they will help. Maybe post an ad in the stud and/or for sale forum looking for horses.

Good luck!
So if I understood you correctly if I use one of my Arabian x Icelandics and breed them with another mix Icelandic the Icelandic gene would double resulting in a Half or Mixed Icelandic.
There is also one purebred Icelandic pony that has energy for stud right now
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1996310
ST0RM
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ST0RM »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
ST0RM wrote: So if I understood you correctly if I use one of my Arabian x Icelandics and breed them with another mix Icelandic the Icelandic gene would double resulting in a Half or Mixed Icelandic.
If I bred him he would be inbred
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

ST0RM wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
If I bred him he would be inbred
If that is something you are worried then don’t breed them together, it’s all up to you :D
I will say that as of now there is no consequence for inbreeding other than it showing up in the pedigree. I started my line of gypsy Vanners with horse from another player and they are almost all inbred. (I just realized this recently) but because i had so many horses I was able to get it toned down because once the in breeding is back so far in the pedigree it doesnt really matter. Hope that makes sense. But again, it’s all up to you :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:
ST0RM wrote: If I bred him he would be inbred
If that is something you are worried then don’t breed them together, it’s all up to you :D
I will say that as of now there is no consequence for inbreeding other than it showing up in the pedigree. I started my line of gypsy Vanners with horse from another player and they are almost all inbred. (I just realized this recently) but because i had so many horses I was able to get it toned down because once the in breeding is back so far in the pedigree it doesnt really matter. Hope that makes sense. But again, it’s all up to you :D
Like what RoyalCrownAcres said, it doesn't have any "bad" effect, other than raising the COI, on the offspring like how it would in real life. If you want to keep the COI low, then I would suggest trying to see if you can breed the Icelandic from scratch and go from there
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Popping in only to say that yes, Beta and Alpha users are indeed those players that helped our admin work out bugs before the game went public.
And when certain large releases are coming out, admin will again turn to Beta and Alpha players then also pick some random others (if they need a certain number), to flash-test the release before it goes live for the rest of the community.
That is fairly rare though.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 pm