The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

question

Post by h0rsey »

I have a question about my mare. https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2330540
it says she's 80% Thoroughbred and 20% Arabian, but her dad is 50% Thoroughbred and 50% Arabian, and her mom is 100% Thoroughbred, so how come she's 80% Thoroughbred instead of 75%? Because she's not 80% Thoroughbred, she's 75% Thoroughbred and 25% Arabian! I'm confused...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: question

Post by BlackOak2 »

h0rsey wrote:I have a question about my mare. https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2330540
it says she's 80% Thoroughbred and 20% Arabian, but her dad is 50% Thoroughbred and 50% Arabian, and her mom is 100% Thoroughbred, so how come she's 80% Thoroughbred instead of 75%? Because she's not 80% Thoroughbred, she's 75% Thoroughbred and 25% Arabian! I'm confused...
That is the way the HWO system calculates the pedigree. Also, in order for us to be able to breed back to full-blood (if I remember correctly), some interesting mathematics had to be involved so that the system would ALLOW us to get back to purebred without having to breed 10 generations, eating away at the percentage, like... oh, it's 91% now, next generation it's 92%, next generation it's 93%, and so on.

So it's not exactly half the two when you're breeding them together. Not the way mathematics might suggest it is.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Re: question

Post by h0rsey »

BlackOak2 wrote:
h0rsey wrote:I have a question about my mare. https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2330540
That is the way the HWO system calculates the pedigree. Also, in order for us to be able to breed back to full-blood (if I remember correctly), some interesting mathematics had to be involved so that the system would ALLOW us to get back to purebred without having to breed 10 generations, eating away at the percentage, like... oh, it's 91% now, next generation it's 92%, next generation it's 93%, and so on.

So it's not exactly half the two when you're breeding them together. Not the way mathematics might suggest it is.
oh, ok thanks
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 pm