Community Forum

Erroneous capping my broodmares

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Jinksy
Visit My Farm

Erroneous capping my broodmares

Post by Jinksy »

Hi Guys,
My profile says I can have 3 broodmares, I currently have 2 pregnant and am trying to get a third to meet that cap, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a way for me to fix that glitch?
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: Erroneous capping my broodmares

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Jinksy wrote:Hi Guys,
My profile says I can have 3 broodmares, I currently have 2 pregnant and am trying to get a third to meet that cap, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a way for me to fix that glitch?
You might not have enough space and/or enough time in the day to breed the third mare. Each unborn foal takes up 1 space in the same barn/pasture that the mare is in. You can do things up to 10:00pm in game time so you may need to use a turn to breed the third mare. If you tried both, then it's a glitch and you should contact one of the admins
Jinksy
Visit My Farm

Post by Jinksy »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Jinksy wrote:Hi Guys,
You might not have enough space and/or enough time in the day to breed the third mare. Each unborn foal takes up 1 space in the same barn/pasture that the mare is in. You can do things up to 10:00pm in game time so you may need to use a turn to breed the third mare. If you tried both, then it's a glitch and you should contact one of the admins
I am trying to buy a pregnant mare, with two existing pregnant mares... it's early in the morning and I've changed days several times, also made certain I had enough space including the unborn foals, will contact admin :(
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Jinksy wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
I am trying to buy a pregnant mare, with two existing pregnant mares... it's early in the morning and I've changed days several times, also made certain I had enough space including the unborn foals, will contact admin :(
Before trying that, check to see how many horses you can own
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Jinksy wrote: I am trying to buy a pregnant mare, with two existing pregnant mares... it's early in the morning and I've changed days several times, also made certain I had enough space including the unborn foals, will contact admin :(
You'll find the number of horses you can own by going to Player and then Profile

If you're currently at your max or can own only 1 more horse, then you'll need to take another horse ownership course
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on April 1st, 2020, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Jinksy wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
This appears to happen to many of us. I had this problem before, then by clearing all my cache, I was able to make it go away. Now it's back and I can't seem to fix it either.

For some reason, the system doesn't recognize that when purchasing a pregnant mare and you're still under you're limit that you can still accommodate it. The same thing happens with total horse cap and purchasing. When you still can have another horse, you still might not be able to purchase one. But it's been awhile with this second issue, I don't know if it still exists, at least for me.

You'll need to skill up for another brood spot or wait until one of your mares gives birth, then purchase and breed who you need again.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Jinksy
Visit My Farm

Post by Jinksy »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Jinksy wrote: I am trying to buy a pregnant mare, with two existing pregnant mares... it's early in the morning and I've changed days several times, also made certain I had enough space including the unborn foals, will contact admin :(
I'm allowed 8 and I have 6, including unborn foals.
Jinksy
Visit My Farm

Post by Jinksy »

BlackOak2 wrote:
This appears to happen to many of us. I had this problem before, then by clearing all my cache, I was able to make it go away. Now it's back and I can't seem to fix it either.

For some reason, the system doesn't recognize that when purchasing a pregnant mare and you're still under you're limit that you can still accommodate it. The same thing happens with total horse cap and purchasing. When you still can have another horse, you still might not be able to purchase one. But it's been awhile with this second issue, I don't know if it still exists, at least for me.

You'll need to skill up for another brood spot or wait until one of your mares gives birth, then purchase and breed who you need again.
Bugger, but good to know I'm not alone!
Become a Patron!