The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Can your Horses Die?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
CherryCat13
Visit My Farm

Can your Horses Die?

Post by CherryCat13 »

Um... yeah.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Re: Can your Horses Die?

Post by Caramelapple3 »

CherryCat13 wrote:Um... yeah.
Well, sort of. After the age of 17, this is supposed to be possible, but so far most horses on the game pass away at age 19 or older (mostly 20 or older). When a horse passes away, you get a notification saying "your horse has moved on to greener pastures." However, keeping your older mares pregnant constantly can help them last longer, but there is a chance that they could still die after having the foal. If you have a second account ( or side account), you can put your older horses there and don't use any turns so they don't age.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

Caramelapple3 wrote:
Well, sort of. After the age of 17, this is supposed to be possible, but so far most horses on the game pass away at age 19 or older (mostly 20 or older). When a horse passes away, you get a notification saying "your horse has moved on to greener pastures." and the horse disappears from your farm. However, keeping your older mares pregnant constantly can help them last longer, but there is a chance that they could still die after having the foal. If you have a second account ( or side account), you can put your older horses there and don't use any turns so they don't age.
Also, when you go to a retired horse's profile, it shows the latedt picture of the horse and it looks like this: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2339171
This is one of my stallions who "passed on."
CherryCat13
Visit My Farm

Post by CherryCat13 »

oh, ok thank you for replying
Roaring Horses
Visit My Farm

Post by Roaring Horses »

Yes, sadly, your horses die. Just like in real life, a horse cannot live forever. However, if you breed a mare consistently, you have a chance of getting it real old, and still alive. Stallions, however, cannot give birth, so stallions die around 17-23 years old.

Mares normally age and die around 18-24 years old. If they are pregnant however, they can age 50 and higher. They cannot die with a foal inside of it.

Stallions normally die around 22 years old, as they can't live forever.

You will normally see a change in the horse's appearance as it progresses with age, and it will look more old, and weaker.

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:11 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:11 am