The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Should I?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Should I?

Post by Mlloftus »

bump
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

mlloftus wrote:I have a 2 eval for a breed and a 4. The 4 is too tall and the 2 is too short. The 2 is SO close to each of the other ones. Should I bother breeding them?
Yes, you should definitely try
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
mlloftus wrote:I have a 2 eval for a breed and a 4. The 4 is too tall and the 2 is too short. The 2 is SO close to each of the other ones. Should I bother breeding them?
Yes, you should definitely try
Okay
~W.C. Fields
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I've created a breed from N/A eval parent, so 2 is not bad at all.
If you've tried more than once already, check out if the foals fall short or overshoot the needed evals in the same direction or not. Like, if one was too bulky and the other had too little bulk, that means the pair is very inconsistent about bulk and next time might just hit the bullseye. If both foals are way too bulky, then I'd suggest you change one of the pair you try to breed (not necessarily the 2* one).
I am usually giving up on a pair after 3 unsuccessful tries, if the foals all fall short in the same direction. If they alternate, I might try forever (if I don't have a better pair to try with).
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Tjigra wrote:
I've created a breed from N/A eval parent, so 2 is not bad at all.
If you've tried more than once already, check out if the foals fall short or overshoot the needed evals in the same direction or not. Like, if one was too bulky and the other had too little bulk, that means the pair is very inconsistent about bulk and next time might just hit the bullseye. If both foals are way too bulky, then I'd suggest you change one of the pair you try to breed (not necessarily the 2* one).
I am usually giving up on a pair after 3 unsuccessful tries, if the foals all fall short in the same direction. If they alternate, I might try forever (if I don't have a better pair to try with).
I would try that but I forgot and rehomed them. I have another on the way though
~W.C. Fields
Element
Visit My Farm

Post by Element »

Thanks
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 pm