The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Newbie questions

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Akomega20
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Newbie questions

Post by Akomega20 »

hello there! on day 3 and I have looked in the forum and couldn't find specifics.

1. so far all my foals were born in poor weight, I just keep them on the pasture to fatten them up after they stop drinking mamas milk
when do you start training them as I feel (maybe I'm wrong) that using that energy even just a little bit each day is not helping with weight gain?

2. at which GP do you start keeping foals? i have one around 48k and one at 47k.

3. is it worth it to train a mare or stallion if you don't use them for breeding as they are starter horses? other than to increase the money they can make in competitions.

4. I saw something about boarding? can you board horses to make money? what Lvl is that needed for?
i had played a different horse game over a decade ago and every horse was required to be boarded.

i think that's all for now :)

TIA
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Bitapetrone »

Akomega20 wrote:hello there! on day 3 and I have looked in the forum and couldn't find specifics.

1. so far all my foals were born in poor weight, I just keep them on the pasture to fatten them up after they stop drinking mamas milk
when do you start training them as I feel (maybe I'm wrong) that using that energy even just a little bit each day is not helping with weight gain?

2. at which GP do you start keeping foals? i have one around 48k and one at 47k.

3. is it worth it to train a mare or stallion if you don't use them for breeding as they are starter horses? other than to increase the money they can make in competitions.

4. I saw something about boarding? can you board horses to make money? what Lvl is that needed for?
i had played a different horse game over a decade ago and every horse was required to be boarded.

i think that's all for now :)

TIA
1. Energy consumption does affect weight gain. Your horse has a minimum to maximum amount it can consume each day (stated by the feed) and if you use no energy it relies on the minimum, at max energy use it would attempt to feed the maximum. You can start training foals the moment they hit the ground and you should be fine as long as you get them on feed as soon as you can after they are weaned (Weight Gain Mix is ideal for young horses in training as it's big calories for a small amount of feed).

2. This question is difficult to answer because it depends on what you want to do. If your only concern is with raising GP using your own horses exclusively you'd want to just keep the higher GP horses and smash 'em together til you get higher and then cull the old ones. However, if you're interested in competition know that GP isn't tied specifically to how well a horse will perform. Competition only considers the 3-4 stats (ie Racing is Speed, Stamina, Strength) related to it. You could theoretically have a high GP horse without any or much of the allocation to the stats that matter in a specific discipline. Body type, weight, temperament and conformation are also factors to consider for competition but aren't directly tied to GP.

3. You don't need to train horses you don't plan on competing either in player competitions or local shows. Trainings has no impact on the outcome of foals or anything like that.

4. People do boarding but it's not a controlled feature within the game, if that makes sense. People just offer to hold horses for other people for a set amount of time for a fee. You're trusting the other party to not lie.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:10 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:10 am