The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

SO ANNOYING

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
HiLove
Visit My Farm

SO ANNOYING

Post by HiLove »

Hi love! Most of the horses in my training barn aren’t eating enough food, but I’m giving them all hay, alfalfa hay, weight gain mixture, AND performance mixture, and feeding them all at 100%, (so altogether it’s 400). They’re not gaining any weight, and, in fact they’re actually LOSING weight. It’s so frustrating because I need to train them for competitions, but they’re energy is too low for me to actually be productive. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!! Should I be feeding them something else? It already seems like too much food buuuuut... thanks for your help. LYBL!! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~Mercer Herd Farm~
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Re: SO ANNOYING

Post by Veterinarian »

HiLove wrote:Hi love! Most of the horses in my training barn aren’t eating enough food, but I’m giving them all hay, alfalfa hay, weight gain mixture, AND performance mixture, and feeding them all at 100%, (so altogether it’s 400). They’re not gaining any weight, and, in fact they’re actually LOSING weight. It’s so frustrating because I need to train them for competitions, but they’re energy is too low for me to actually be productive. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!! Should I be feeding them something else? It already seems like too much food buuuuut... thanks for your help. LYBL!! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~Mercer Herd Farm~
Hey there ^^

Take a look at your horse's feeding side panel (where you are able to choose his/her feed etc.)

You'll notice that after the feeding slots you have a the horse's daily energy percentage (which in your case is 400%). Below that you can see the Protein, Fiber and Sugar your feed provides for your horse (this section is not useless btw :lol: It helps you with changing your horse's temperament ).

Below that you'll see the Regular Feed (for example: 4.9kg to 9.8kg) the Max Feed (for example :15.7kg) the Cost per Turn (for example :$2 to $5) and your horse's weight (for example: moderately thin).

What is really important is the Max Feed your horse has. If the max feed turns red it means that you are overfeeding your horse this way your horse won't gain weight but actually lose weight.
In order to maintain a horse's weight the daily energy it gets must be at 100%. If you want your horse to lose weight then you can lower the daily energy by feeding the horse less. If you want to make your horse gain weight then add more feeds to the feeding slots but you must keep your eye on the Max Feed limit! If it turns red then your horse won't gain weight!

Another thing that you should probably know is that when a foal is housed in a barn he will lose weight (the max feed will turn red) somewhere between 6 months to 1 year.
HiLove
Visit My Farm

Re: SO ANNOYING

Post by HiLove »

Veterinarian wrote:
HiLove wrote:Hi love! Most of the horses in my training barn aren’t eating enough food, but I’m giving them all hay, alfalfa hay, weight gain mixture, AND performance mixture, and feeding them all at 100%, (so altogether it’s 400). They’re not gaining any weight, and, in fact they’re actually LOSING weight. It’s so frustrating because I need to train them for competitions, but they’re energy is too low for me to actually be productive. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!! Should I be feeding them something else? It already seems like too much food buuuuut... thanks for your help. LYBL!! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~Mercer Herd Farm~
Hey there ^^

Take a look at your horse's feeding side panel (where you are able to choose his/her feed etc.)

You'll notice that after the feeding slots you have a the horse's daily energy percentage (which in your case is 400%). Below that you can see the Protein, Fiber and Sugar your feed provides for your horse (this section is not useless btw :lol: It helps you with changing your horse's temperament ).

Below that you'll see the Regular Feed (for example: 4.9kg to 9.8kg) the Max Feed (for example :15.7kg) the Cost per Turn (for example :$2 to $5) and your horse's weight (for example: moderately thin).

What is really important is the Max Feed your horse has. If the max feed turns red it means that you are overfeeding your horse this way your horse won't gain weight but actually lose weight.
In order to maintain a horse's weight the daily energy it gets must be at 100%. If you want your horse to lose weight then you can lower the daily energy by feeding the horse less. If you want to make your horse gain weight then add more feeds to the feeding slots but you must keep your eye on the Max Feed limit! If it turns red then your horse won't gain weight!

Another thing that you should probably know is that when a foal is housed in a barn he will lose weight (the max feed will turn red) somewhere between 6 months to 1 year.
Thank you so much! That’s really helpful. :D :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 am