The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Does training affect breeding?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
ArcticDahlia
Visit My Farm

Does training affect breeding?

Post by ArcticDahlia »

Hello! I'm sorry if this question has been answered before somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I've been wondering if training affects the quality of foals at all - like if a mare is 0% trained, would she throw the same quality foals as if she was fully trained? Or does training only affect competitions?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Does training affect breeding?

Post by BlackOak2 »

ArcticDahlia wrote:Hello! I'm sorry if this question has been answered before somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I've been wondering if training affects the quality of foals at all - like if a mare is 0% trained, would she throw the same quality foals as if she was fully trained? Or does training only affect competitions?
Training ONLY affects competitions. However, if you train a horse and then comp-test it, it can enlighten you to what type and style of foals the horse might have in the future. :mrgreen:

Only the genes, traits and stats that the horses carry affect the foal outcome, not anything we do to the horses. And those genes, traits and stats are there at the time of birth (or perhaps at the time of conception, I'm not sure).
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
ArcticDahlia
Visit My Farm

Post by ArcticDahlia »

BlackOak2 wrote:
ArcticDahlia wrote:Hello! I'm sorry if this question has been answered before somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I've been wondering if training affects the quality of foals at all - like if a mare is 0% trained, would she throw the same quality foals as if she was fully trained? Or does training only affect competitions?
Training ONLY affects competitions. However, if you train a horse and then comp-test it, it can enlighten you to what type and style of foals the horse might have in the future. :mrgreen:

Only the genes, traits and stats that the horses carry affect the foal outcome, not anything we do to the horses. And those genes, traits and stats are there at the time of birth (or perhaps at the time of conception, I'm not sure).
.... *shocked silent shame thinking how much time I've wasted fully training mares that will never compete before I breed them*
Ahem... thank you very much for your answer. I have just a little damage control to do...xD
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

ArcticDahlia wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

.... *shocked silent shame thinking how much time I've wasted fully training mares that will never compete before I breed them*
Ahem... thank you very much for your answer. I have just a little damage control to do...xD
:lol: :| :D :?
Consider testing them at least. You might find a good, quality earner. Plus, your pedigree will have some sort of results so if your project changes direction, or you suddenly want to figure something else out, it's already there.

A lot of games out there have something similar put in. Personally, I really dislike the need to train to improve the foal outcome. What is that anyway? We don't have such a thing in real life. It's an artificial boost and I'm not the type that likes such things.

By the way, you're not the only one that has done this. :mrgreen: So you're still in good company.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:06 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:06 am